Report: Raiders General Manager Reggie McKenzie Not Returning for 2019 Season

DigInBoys

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The guy is just a very bad GM. Horrible drafter, tons of blunders in FA, bad coaching hires, etc.

I like Reggie as a person but as a GM he is simply not good. I'd be happy if we kept him as an assistant but this isn't a big loss at all. 

Didn't he draft Mack and got you guys out of Cap hell? Plus I remember him getting that big OLine together for 2016. This looks like a mutual parting of ways and Gruden wanting more power and control over the team.

1 minute ago, Classic said:

Didn't he draft Mack and got you guys out of Cap hell? Plus I remember him getting that big OLine together for 2016. This looks like a mutual parting of ways and Gruden wanting more power and control over the team.

Yes he drafted Mack. That was the most obvious selection anyone could ever make though. He had one good draft during his tenure with us.

He is good at working the cap, which is necessary given the bad players he signs.

I don't think McKenzie was too bad (Mack, Cooper, Carr was a hell of a trio) but mismanging FA's and hiring medicore coaches (I forgot who the 1st guy was but he was awful)Jack Del Rio was a medicore re-tread that never worked out for his side of the ball.

Gruden gets all of the power whereas McKenzie will likely go back to GB, sucks for McKenzie he more or less got shafted and Gruden blew up the roster but that's his own fault for sucking.

Archived