Godzilla: King Of The Monsters - May 31st

D82

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Sometimes I feel like movies can't win.  The last Godzilla was criticized for focusing too much on the humans and it being more of a human story with not enough monster fighting.  Now this one is the human story sucks and it's just a bunch of really good monster fights.

It's a ****ing movie with Godzilla in it.  Quit being a a neckbeard Film 101 level expert on film studies and enjoy a got damn monster movie for the effing monsters.

The monsters were good but there was too much dull human stuff in-between. I didn't mind the cheesy human parts with the one liners and goofy dialogue. The mum and daughter dragged it down. 

i would someday like to see a normal family/human drama type movie, and then 30 minutes into the movie, Godzilla unexpectedly comes for no reason. Then you have chaos and carmage 

build up the characters in the first 30 minutes, and give them some real world conflicts, but then things go haywire when Godzilla comes, and then the people you got to know start dying.

and dont even market the movie as a monster movie, just show the family stuff in the trailers.

would be so unexpected and surreal, but alas, it will never happen.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well...this is on its way to failing.

No more Monsterverse after next year.

If this fails utterly then maybe. Though I think they are gonna wait until until Godzilla vs Kong to see where they really stand and that's coming out next year. 

Just now, Acgott said:

It’s definitely coming out. They been filming since November.

Crap.  I'm usually not one to complain about more monster movies, but I cannot see how that movie is going to be any good. 

You want a connected universe I get it, but when one of them sucks really bad, maybe you should hold off and reflect on why it failed before pushing more chips into the pot.  Skull Island sucked.  A lot. 

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

Loved it. Was pretty much everything I was hoping for out of a Godzilla movie.

Not sure what the ones who were disappointed were expecting.

For 50% of the movie to not suck would be a good start.

I enjoyed it. I still prefer the 1st because I liked what Edwards tried to do with the human drama. It wasnt great, but it was 100x better than what Dougherty did.

Shame it underperformed at the BO. If Kong vs Godzilla underperforms, it could be the end. Dont have a ton of faith in Adam Wingard lately.

• Like 1

I thought it sucked actually... and I haven't said that about a movie since Star Wars Episode XIII.

I didn't care much about the story/plot, came for the fights. But the story/plot/acting was all way worse than I could possibly imagine. It was hard to ignore. Charles Dance with a great performance as always though.

The fights were REALLY underwhelming. And there also just wasn't enough scenes of fighting.

4/10 movie.