Week 15: Dolphins (7-6) at VIKINGS (6-6-1)

swede700

10 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Good initial showing from Stefanski. Didn't like seeing the offense disappear for 2 quarters but it was grind the clock at that point but we still put up 41 and the offense looked 100% more enthused.

They were able to fight through a rough patch and get the offense back. I'd say that's a win

Coach Mike Zimmer fired offensive coordinator John DeFilippo last week, as the two clearly weren’t on the same page. The Vikings were running just 33 percent of the time after 13 games, which clearly wasn’t where Zimmer wanted to be. Sunday, they ran it 40 times and Kirk Cousins threw 21 times.

Dalvin Cook had 19 carries for 136 yards and two touchdowns and added another 27 yards receiving, putting him back in the feature role of the offense instead of the $84 million man. Latavius Murray added 68 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries as well as part of the new emphasis.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/16/vikings-on-the-run-again-and-it-works/

To me, it appeared that the way the plays were called, allowed the OL's weaknesses to be better hidden, and so, the running game could be more effective.  That may not have helped the running game against the crushing run defences of Chicago and Seattle.  But, it worked against the middling-level run defence of Miami.  It should also work next game vs.  Detroit.  Maybe The Vikings will squeeze into the playoffs, but will likely either lose in the 1st game, or surely in the 2nd, IF they get that far.  They need major improvements in the OL,, and some more on defence, and have too much money tied up in QB position to get enough high-quality help. 

3 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

To me, it appeared that the way the plays were called, allowed the OL's weaknesses to be better hidden, and so, the running game could be more effective.  That may not have helped the running game against the crushing run defences of Chicago and Seattle.  But, it worked against the middling-level run defence of Miami.  It should also work next game vs.  Detroit.  Maybe The Vikings will squeeze into the playoffs, but will likely either lose in the 1st game, or surely in the 2nd, IF they get that far.  They need major improvements in the OL,, and some more on defence, and have too much money tied up in QB position to get enough high-quality help. 

Remmers, Rudolph gone. New deal for Griffen or cut. Make a decision on Waynes and Rhodes deals. Also, our new shiny DT is a FA after the year. There is plenty of money, oh, and the cap will go up too. Oh, and Barr is a FA, whose money can come off. I'm sure there is even more that could be done to shave a few million here and there.

31 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Remmers, Rudolph gone. New deal for Griffen or cut. Make a decision on Waynes and Rhodes deals. Also, our new shiny DT is a FA after the year. There is plenty of money, oh, and the cap will go up too. Oh, and Barr is a FA, whose money can come off. I'm sure there is even more that could be done to shave a few million here and there.

Rhodes deal won’t change unless we offer more money. 

Being honest we could sign Richardson for probably under $10M a year. 

Sendejos contract will probably be off the books also.

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Rhodes deal won’t change unless we offer more money. 

Being honest we could sign Richardson for probably under $10M a year. 

Sendejos contract will probably be off the books also.

Remmer’s and Sendejo’s contract will likely be off of the books, which saves nearly $10M. 

Rudolph is a prime candidate for a restructure, and Harrison Smith is likely looking at the same treatment that Griffen and Joseph got prior to the 2017 season. 

Griffen’s contract will be an interesting situation. 

Extend Waynes and his cap number should drop. 

I’m still more interested in keeping Barr over Richardson. 

Archived