Week 15: Dolphins (7-6) at VIKINGS (6-6-1)

swede700

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Remmer’s and Sendejo’s contract will likely be off of the books, which saves nearly $10M. 

Rudolph is a prime candidate for a restructure, and Harrison Smith is likely looking at the same treatment that Griffen and Joseph got prior to the 2017 season. 

Griffen’s contract will be an interesting situation. 

Extend Waynes and his cap number should drop. 

I’m still more interested in keeping Barr over Richardson. 

With the depth on DL in this year's draft, I wouldn't be surprised if Richardson was allowed to walk.  If he does, I'd expect a DT in the top two rounds as we haven't seen Jaleel Johnson or Holmes develop into a legitimate starter yet.  But then again, I definitely don't want them to overpay for Barr either 

47 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Didn't watch the game, but it seems like we have a OC who actually puts his players in a position to succeed! Who would've thought!?!

How bad was the Cousins INT?

Bad 7.5/10, it was more of a read, shouldn’t throw a WR screen vs press man on down and distance. They gambled and lost. Only way the int happens is if the inside man commits to the screen, fitz did and it was an easy pick six for the rookie 

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Outside of 2 bad plays (1 offensively, 1 defensively), I think this was the most complete game of the year. 

Definitely.  The nice thing is that if you're going to start playing on all cylinders, this is the time of the year when you want to start doing it too.  Let's hope we keep the pedal to the metal for the next two weeks heading into the playoffs!

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Definitely.  The nice thing is that if you're going to start playing on all cylinders, this is the time of the year when you want to start doing it too.  Let's hope we keep the pedal to the metal for the next two weeks heading into the playoffs!

That's exactly it. No better time to get hot than December and January.

I can only hope that means beating Chicago two weeks in a row!!😎

Absolutely crazy how big of a difference simple stretch run plays and bootlegs were, made a world a difference for this offense.  Not to mention the lack of pre-snap motion or the crap RPO stuff...

Looked like a totally different team, clearly the former O coordinators style did not match the Vikings current personnel.  If we do not pass the ball as well as we did, but run the ball and play like we did today, I would take that all day long.  Forget putting up 300 yard passing games but losing as a team which is what they were doing before...

Gase: “We just couldn’t stop them, couldn’t stop the run and they were able to do all of their play actions out of that. That was the last thing we needed to happen was to get behind like that. That puts us in a different mode on offense and we fell apart on special teams. It’s not like we’ve been dominating the run game anyway. We just needed to hold out better than we did, and we didn’t.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/16/adam-gase-dejected-after-24-point-loss-in-minnesota/

32 minutes ago, rusty28264 said:

Is it just me or has Mac Alexander become a solid nickel? 

Rhodes, while not his 100% lock down self, he's still good.

Waynes is looking good when healthy

Hughes looked decent before ACLing

Holton Hill is looking good

Mac Alex is looking good.

We should draft a CB early! We need 6!

Just finished watching the game (time zones are a killer). It was great to see a running game. The whole team seemed energized. Another game or two like that and Stefanski has to be given the job next year.

The defense looked energized for the first time in a few weeks. Everyone seemed to be right on their assignments and rallied to the ball. The pass rush was a thing of beauty. Imagine the love for Hunter if he was a Packer, Cowboy, or Steeler. He's a top 5 DE in this league right now and hasn't even hit his prime. Everson still has a lot of gas in the tank. Barr might have had his best game of the season. Our CB's are outstanding. If Rhodes can find last year's form, and if Waynes and Alexander keep up their level of play, there isn't a deeper group in the league.

Thielen has looked out of sorts the last couple of games. I think teams are scheming to take him away a bit more. However, it's a "pick your poison" deal with Diggs and Thielen. Especially if the running game shows up. The offensive line played better. But we all know they're going to be up and down, with more down than up. Aldrick Robinson has 5 TD's this year. Did not see that coming...

Cousins. Ugh. For as pretty as the bomb to Aldrick was, that pick 6 was just plain ugly. If you would have told me at the beginning of the year that Cousins would have more turnovers than Darnold at this point in the season, I would have assumed it was because Darnold was the second coming of Tom Brady. The turnovers have to stop, but I think it's just who Kirk is. HE had 18, 15, and 14 his last 3 years in Washington. He has 18 this year with two games to go. This team makes the playoffs. If they show up like they did today, the only thing that can stop them will be turnovers. Maybe, if Stefanski keeps the run game going, we'll minimize the opportunities for turnovers. When this team shows up to play and secures the ball, there are only a couple of rosters in the NFC that can match us. 

A running game will be Cousins' best friend going forward.  It was nice to see Cook featured.  The Vikings cannot rely on winning if Cousins is required to throw the ball more than 35 or 40 times a game.  Except for the terrible interception, he managed the game well.  Good for Kirk.

Archived