Week 15 Packers @ Bears "I Believe That"

skibrett15

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

do you think aaron rodgers has been playing well? 

I think he's been fine, yes. Y'all just expect him to be Godgers because he was so damn good for a long time. It's mindboggling to me that people expect a 35 year old QB on a bum knee to be as good as he was when he was a 28 year old MVP. Regression happens and the system in place asks for him to be damn near perfect. Like I've said a million times this year, y'all are just spoiled.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No, I'm a ******* realist and realize a 35 year old QB isn't going to be the same as a 28 year old MVP. You're spoiled. Nothing more to it.

Other QBs are dominating into their late 30s and even early 40s. 

Rodgers problem isn't aging, it's his damn mindset that he doesn't need to work within the offense or throw with good fundamentals. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's clearly screwed up his fundamentals playing through the knee all year. It's going to be the same vs NY and Det. Not sure why we point this out every week. Rodgers needs time away from football and self diagnosing what's broken with himself.

This. How this is not blazingly apparent to everyone is beyond me. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Other QBs are dominating into their late 30s and even early 40s. 

Rodgers problem isn't aging, it's his damn mindset that he doesn't need to work within the offense or throw with good fundamentals. 

Tom Brady is dominating this year? Really? 

Also, who let him get like that? 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This offense relied on Aaron being perfect for years and when he's not, he's terrible. Y'all are ******* insane.

No one is looking for perfection, but he's barely delivering good at times. It IS okay to criticize QBs in Green Bay. Especially when they're the highest paid player in the league.

Unpopular opinion: trade Rodgers this offseason and receive one of the larger hauls in history for a trade. Reload with 1st round talent, hire a coach who can scheme an offense and succeed with a middle of the road QB. 

Alternative: hire a coach who can reign Rodgers in, similar to Mike with Favre at the end of his career.

I think this year just magnified a lot of Rodgers' deficiencies, and he is only getting older. I don't see next year being any better.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh, the offenses with talent, health and highly productive systems in place from top tier coaches? Nice.

Gordon/Dorsett/Edelman/Gronk/White

Thomas/Smith/Carr/Arnold/Kamara

Adams/MVS/EQ/Graham/Jones

These aren't significantly differently talented groups of talent. 

I don't even know how you evaluate the scheme at this point when Rodgers pisses every big play opportunity down his leg and refuses to play within the scheme. 

Archived