Week 15 Packers @ Bears "I Believe That"

skibrett15

Just now, thrILL! said:

Anyone calling for Rodgers to be traded is out of their minds. You clearly are spoiled beyond recognition thanks to Brent and Aaron. You don’t know the pain of Randy Wright, Rich Campbell, etc.  

No one should be. But is it really being "spoiled" to criticize him? 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He literally is missing every deep vertical throw. 

When was the last time he hit a vertical throw deeper than 35 yards? Tonyan a few weeks ago and . . .  I can't even think of another one this year. 

He hit a deep one to Adams today in a big situation ... I agree he sucks at the deep ball overll this season.

I actually was pretty happy with the overall effort. If someone had told me we'd be tied midway through the fourth quarter, I would have been elated. The defense played great. Spriggs and Patrick looked OK going against Mack & co. 

Pick up a couple of edge players and a safety in the draft. Re-sign Breeland. Get everybody healthy. And the D is going to be fine with Pettine.

Use FA to pick up a G and a WR and offense should be good to go. Draft a Cohen type player for some speed on offense. And the O is going to be fine.

With the right coach this team will compete next year. And I like Rodgers better than Trubisky. 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

With some people it's always the QB's fault when a team loses ... never mind the questionable play calling, terrible blocking, and dropped passes.  It's a team sport and the Packers suck as a team.

Well, the QB is just kind of a massive part of the team. Especially when he's the highest paid player on said team.

Rodgers is not playing up to what he costs this season. He clearly has the arm still, but is missing throws. The deep balls are bad, but he is astoundingly inaccurate on the routine as well. You're not going to win a lot when your QB plays like that. Especially if you have playoff aspirations. 

Was the scheme/playcalling an issue? Yes

Is the talent at WR/TE/OG an issue? Yes

Was Rodgers play an issue? Yes

all 3 things can be true and were. We already know they'll have a new playcaller next year with a new head coach, and it's likely they'll add pieces to the offense via FA/Draft. It remains to be seen just how much better Rodgers will be after probably his worst season since 2015

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

No one should be. But is it really being "spoiled" to criticize him? 

I don’t know where that leap in logic came from. I said those wanting to trade him, not those criticizing him.  No one is above criticism. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It is unacceptable. 

Where should Rodgers rank in your head among NFL QBs? Has he been top 10 this year?

lol okay.

I don't know. I can't properly rank NFL QBs because I haven't watched all of them. I just know Patrick Mahomes is head and shoulders better than everyone else right now and that's all due to his arm talent and offensive system.

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Was the scheme/playcalling an issue? Yes

Is the talent at WR/TE/OG an issue? Yes

Was Rodgers play an issue? Yes

all 3 things can be true and were. We already know they'll have a new playcaller next year with a new head coach, and it's likely they'll add pieces to the offense via FA/Draft. It remains to be seen just how much better Rodgers will be after probably his worst season since 2015

Good post ... team sport .. team sucks this year.  We've got to completely change this thing between now and next September.

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

I don’t know where that leap in logic cane from. I said those wanting to trade him, not those criticizing him.  No one is above criticism. 

Eh, I don’t think it’s stupid if you believe this is the Rodge we’ll get in the future.  

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I actually was pretty happy with the overall effort. If someone had told me we'd be tied midway through the fourth quarter, I would have been elated. The defense played great. Spriggs and Patrick looked OK going against Mack & co. 

Pick up a couple of edge players and a safety in the draft. Re-sign Breeland. Get everybody healthy. And the D is going to be fine with Pettine.

Use FA to pick up a G and a WR and offense should be good to go. Draft a Cohen type player for some speed on offense. And the O is going to be fine.

With the right coach this team will compete next year. And I like Rodgers better than Trubisky. 

Team played hard .. they are just no damn good.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Starting out with:

Clay-Lowry-Lancaster-Fackrell

Martinez-Jones

Alexander-Jackson-Breeland

Tramon-Pleasent

Our pass rush is going to be laughable.

Also somebody named Fadol Brown was in on the 3rd snap of the game

Who in the hell is Fadol Brown?  lol  My god, with this banged up bunch I'm surprised we didn't get blown out.

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bum knee, little practice with inexperienced WRs and bum *** TEs, banged up OL and this surprises you? 

i dunno if it surprises me, but im surprised that we're at the point where i wouldn't be pissed if we drafted a QB round 1

Archived