Week 15 GDT: Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Forge said:

Defense has really come together the last few weeks. Yes, there are holes for sure, but it's hard not to see what these guy can do sometimes and not think that we could have a pretty damn good defense soon

Get a playmaker at each level of the defense - EDGE, MLB, DB. That will make a giant difference. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Get a playmaker at each level of the defense - EDGE, MLB, DB. That will make a giant difference. 

Bosa/Allen/Polite in round 1, Earl Thomas in free agency and then a MLB in the draft? Though I don't really think ILB is THAT big of a need. Can always find a LB in the mid to late rounds or even sign one in free agency. 

I'm not overly concerned about the linebacker position. Warner is fine at Mike, and the college game produces WILLs at a ridiculous rate right now. I think that will be rather easy to find. Big time DB and Edge rusher would be huge though. I think that's what makes this defense takes off for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Defense has really come together the last few weeks. Yes, there are holes for sure, but it's hard not to see what these guy can do sometimes and not think that we could have a pretty damn good defense soon

We need to upgrade at edge and LB and can use a better FS to compete with/replace Colbert.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm not overly concerned about the linebacker position. Warner is fine at Mike, and the college game produces WILLs at a ridiculous rate right now. I think that will be rather easy to find. Big time DB and Edge rusher would be huge though. I think that's what makes this defense takes off for sure. 

I love Warner. He's not a playmaker. Great tackler. Great in coverage. We need a player that can force plays. We definitely need someone other than Elijah Lee.

I love Warner. He's not a playmaker. Great tackler. Great in coverage. We need a player that can force plays. We definitely need someone other than Elijah Lee.

For sure. And I agree with what you said about Warner. I mentioned that in the draft forum in my rookie review for our draft. He's a very solid player, but he's not making splash plays. We could certainly use one of those, whether it's a linebacker who can blitz effectively, make INTS, or just force fumbles. 

Archived