Week 15 GDT: Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Yeah fumbles and then the stupid penalty. I'm one of his biggest fans, but I agree - he's not looking good anymore. Wouldn't even be surprised if he's inactive against the Bears. 

Yeah get Dayes some carries and see what he can do.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Depends on if we re-sign Mostert in my opinion. If we do, I think he has an uphill battle that he's unlikely to climb over. If we don't, I think he'll probably secure a spot. As good as Wilson looks running the football, Mostert looked just as good before the broken arm. 

I would hope we re-sign Mostert but even if we don't i am sure we will add another UDFA to at least compete with Wilson and who knows if we give Dayes more carries what he does.

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Remember, that was an issue with Mostert last year as well. He seemed to have gotten it figured out. 

Mostert had like 6 carries last year where he fumbled one time not really comparable to Wilson who has had way more carries.

5 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Mostert had like 6 carries last year where he fumbled one time not really comparable to Wilson who has had way more carries.

It's been a noted problem for Mostert dating back to college. He was basically benched his last year in college because of it. Last year he fumbled once in only 6 carries, but he's also fumbled three times in preseason games with us over the last three years, and fumbled once this year during the regular season. 

4 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Seems to me he had some during the preseason and perhaps early this year. Point is every time he touched the ball earlier this season I was worried about him holding on to the ball and I know I wasn’t the only one. It’s not a problem that can’t be corrected if he works on it. 

Hell of a play by DeFo.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's been a noted problem for Mostert dating back to college. He was basically benched his last year in college because of it. Last year he fumbled once in only 6 carries, but he's also fumbled three times in preseason games with us over the last three years, and fumbled once this year during the regular season. 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

Seems to me he had some during the preseason and perhaps early this year. Point is every time he touched the ball earlier this season I was worried about him holding on to the ball and I know I wasn’t the only one. It’s not a problem that can’t be corrected if he works on it. 

Hell of a play by DeFo.

Yeah true and i am sure Mostert will never be the surest thing in terms of not fumbling but thats why he is a 3rd RB/ST guy.

That being said, another strong play by DJ jones there. I know that Carson got away (I think that was more of a balance thing on the part of Jones, who ended up at a weird angle), but Jones is really pushing the line quite a bit. I think there has to be no doubt that Mitchell is not on the roster next year. 

Archived