What players have been exposed the worst this season

patriotsheatyan

Artie Burns - was never a RD1 pick and can't play CB in this league . He got routinely burned and it landed him on the sidelines

The Bell saga also showed that another RB could get better stats behind this OL when the play calling allowed. It also showed that nobody knew what the rules were for the CBA until near the end of the season, just a fiasco from start to finish.  Ultimately colbert and the steelers got exposed as they wouldn't guarantee bell that he wouldn't be tagged, as a result bell didn't sign, Connor got hurt and the losing streak could cost the playoffs.  Kellerman summed it up 

Others on our D have been exposed, but they weren't  RD1 picks or highly sought after UFA's .  

Of the players I haven't watched a lot of film on, Marcus Peters seems like a pretty obvious one to me.

Another one would be Joe Flacco. Going into this year, Flacco was healthy, the front office completely revamped his WR core giving him 3 new WR's and 2 new TE's to throw to. Yet going into the bye our season was dwindling away and Flacco was having another one of his "meh" at best seasons. Enter Lamar Jackson, a raw as heck rookie nobody expected to play this year and he lights a fire in the offense and we go on a 3-game win streak, and take KC down to the wire until the defense blew a late 4th quarter lead on another 4th down conversion.

I think if anyone's value has completely bottomed, it's Flacco. Losing the job to Lamar Jackson has all but sealed his fate as being released or traded, when he could've attempted to cash in one last time if he led us to the playoffs this year.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Of the players I haven't watched a lot of film on, Marcus Peters seems like a pretty obvious one to me.

Another one would be Joe Flacco. Going into this year, Flacco was healthy, the front office completely revamped his WR core giving him 3 new WR's and 2 new TE's to throw to. Yet going into the bye our season was dwindling away and Flacco was having another one of his "meh" at best seasons. Enter Lamar Jackson, a raw as heck rookie nobody expected to play this year and he lights a fire in the offense and we go on a 3-game win streak, and take KC down to the wire until the defense blew a late 4th quarter lead on another 4th down conversion.

I think if anyone's value has completely bottomed, it's Flacco. Losing the job to Lamar Jackson has all but sealed his fate as being released or traded, when he could've attempted to cash in one last time if he led us to the playoffs this year.

How has Joe Flacco been exposed?  When was the last time anyone thought he was any good?

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

How has Joe Flacco been exposed?  When was the last time anyone thought he was any good?

2012, but Flacco could've at least helped his trade value by performing well this year. Instead, despite having a plethora of weapons and a favorable schedule, he continued to piss down his leg and ruin basically any chance of cashing in again.

So it's not really exposed in the same traditional sense of "was once good and this year is really not" or anything like that, but exposed in the fact that literally every single excuse people have used to previously cast aside Flacco's poor seasons (injuries, talent around him, etc.) were ripped to shreds by Flacco this year.

Also, in terms of non-players, whoever the hell the Raiders had in charge of designing an offense for Amari Cooper. Holy hell.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

To be fair the Ravens scored 23 offensive TDs in the 9 games Flacco started and 8 in the 4 games Jackson started so there hasn't been some sort of scoring boom even though it was against the Bengals, Raiders, Chiefs and Falcons. The T.O.P. has improved i'm sure and they won 3 of 4 against those teams so the winning percentage is higher but it isn't like the offense hit a higher gear as far as scoring. The defense/special teams have though.

37 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

To be fair the Ravens scored 23 offensive TDs in the 9 games Flacco started and 8 in the 4 games Jackson started so there hasn't been some sort of scoring boom even though it was against the Bengals, Raiders, Chiefs and Falcons. The T.O.P. has improved i'm sure and they won 3 of 4 against those teams so the winning percentage is higher but it isn't like the offense hit a higher gear as far as scoring. The defense/special teams have though.

The biggest issue for Lamar's offense has been scoring TD's and finishing drives, and without going back and looking at the detailed drive stats for both, I can't really mention anything.

Regardless of the defenses we faced, it wasn't like Flacco was struggling against tough defenses - he was struggling against relatively easy teams as well whereas Lamar's offense really hasn't been (until we reach the redzone).

TOP has been 24+ minutes higher with Lamar's offense vs. Flacco, but that was as of last week so maybe it's fluctuated a bit. Our defensive snaps per game has significantly dropped (by almost 8, I think), but again that was before the OT game so those numbers are probably inflated now because of the OT period.

IMHO, offense has held onto the ball longer, has carved out an identity, and it's trickled to our other phases. Defense has been playing better, and they're on the field less. It just makes it easier to win games, whereas with Flacco throwing 50 times a game and our defense averaging 80 snaps/game, that's just not conducive to a winning team unless your passing offense is in the top 5 in the NFL, which ours was like below-average I think.

Archived