What players have been exposed the worst this season

patriotsheatyan

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

For the Packers, its been Nick Perry. We all know Clay is a bum, but we just a couple years ago signed Perry to a nice deal and I'd be surprised if he has had more than a couple pressures all season before being shut down on IR. Kyler Fackrell is our best edge right now... yikes.

Fackrell has been a nice surprise for you guys.  He has been playing pretty well at times.

41 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Fackrell has been a nice surprise for you guys.  He has been playing pretty well at times.

I think he has surprised literally everyone. There were no expectations for Fackrell going into the season but yeah, he has turned into a nice player. 

It's gotta be Kirk Counsins... The guy just can't win the big games. He got overpaid and now it's gonna hurt the Vikings for the next three years.

I think it might even cost Zimmer his job sadly. Im starting to feel the seat getting a little warm for him already...too much talent on that team to be this bad.

I think it is clearly LeVeon Bell. He is a system runner. His signature move is to stand there until his great line makes a hole for him and then he goes.

Even behind that line he was a mediocre 4.0 ypc guy last year. His 7.7 ypr was also mediocre.

James Conner is having a better season than every Bell year except 2014. 2014 was a long time ago.

• Conner is averaging 4.5 per run and 9.0 per catch.
  • He also has 13 TDs which is 2 more than Bell's career high.

DeAngelo Williams had to start 10 games in 2015 and he went 4.5 per carry and 9.2 per catch and scored 11 TDs.

• Williams was a 32 year old RB with 1600+ touches on him going into that season and he still dominated behind that line.

Bell's yards per touch as a Steeler is 5.4 if you ignore his bad rookie season.

• Williams was 5.3 when needed to replace Bell.
  • Conner is 5.4 this year.

That sounds like a guy who is easily replaced. That is not a guy that you bust your cap for..

Cousins was exposed this year but owners should learn from him and not break the bank for another mediocre player at a less valuable position.

If Dan Snyder is reading this then I was just kidding. Please pay LeVeon 60 million dollars.

After the first 14 games and tonight's exclamation mark, the idea that Case Keenum could start for ANY NFL team and be serviceable is now been proven to be completely and utterly false (some of us could see it even last year, but now everyone should be able to see the mirage that was 2017).

19 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I think it is clearly LeVeon Bell. He is a system runner. His signature move is to stand there until his great line makes a hole for him and then he goes.

Even behind that line he was a mediocre 4.0 ypc guy last year. His 7.7 ypr was also mediocre.

James Conner is having a better season than every Bell year except 2014. 2014 was a long time ago.

DeAngelo Williams had to start 10 games in 2015 and he went 4.5 per carry and 9.2 per catch and scored 11 TDs.

• Williams was a 32 year old RB with 1600+ touches on him going into that season and he still dominated behind that line.

That sounds like a guy who is easily replaced. That is not a guy that you bust your cap for..

Cousins was exposed this year but owners should learn from him and not break the bank for another mediocre player at a less valuable position.

If Dan Snyder is reading this then I was just kidding. Please pay LeVeon 60 million dollars.

I guess we'll find out. I think you are dead wrong.

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

It's elite patience and vision.

giphy.gif

IMO Conner is just a damn good RB.  Williams admitted that he got back into top-level shape with the Steelers.  Plus, other than the TDs (which in his case were more of a situational thing since he had to play with Cam, Stew, and Tolbert), he wasn't that far off removed from posting similar numbers with the Panthers 2 years earlier.  He missed most of '14 for injury, but ran for 843 yards on 4.2 YPC with 333 receiving yards in 2013.  907 yards on 4.5 YPC with 367 receiving yards with the Steelers in 2015.  

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

After the first 14 games and tonight's exclamation mark, the idea that Case Keenum could start for ANY NFL team and be serviceable is now been proven to be completely and utterly false (some of us could see it even last year, but now everyone should be able to see the mirage that was 2017).

There was seriously one guy in the broncos forum arguing that keenum was good and everyone else in there just reigned him in. Like stop man, nothing you say can convince my eyes that he's not bad.

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I disagree that Conner is having a better season, but he's a damn good RB.

What you are doing is not giving props to Conner/Williams, and I don't like it, they are damn good.

Now Conner gives Big Ben the freedom to throw the ball 50+ times, to the benefit of Ben maybe, but that team ain't winning like that.

I guess we'll see what Samuels will do, but it' doesn't look good for him.

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Cousins needs another year. They will probably make the playoffs. If not, better draft pick. I think they are set up for a two year window.

they can also go on a run if they can figure out the Bears and maybe give the Saints a game.

And Samuels just went off for 172 yards on 21 touches (8.2 per touch)

He did get stuffed running last week but had a good game receiving (5.1 per touch)

6.77 per touch in the 2 games without Conner playing

Yeah, that system and line is a runner's dream.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:30 PM, evilpimp972 said:

LeVeon looks better and better as we get close to the postseason.

They had a better record with him, and Conner won't get the same numbers, he has slowed down 

Sorry, but this beyond awful logic.

First off, none of our losses have had anything to do with the RBs.    Im not saying a more effective running game couldnt have helped, but its not what cost us any of those games.

Secondly, its not like Bell tore it up every single week.   We won numerous games last year where he wasnt that effective. 

Third, while James Conner did cool off after tearing it up for several weeks, he is still having a more effective season than Bell had in 2017.    Despite missing the last 2 games and having 2 games to go, he already has more TDs than Bell ever had in any individual season in his career.  And if he wouldve stayed healthy, he wouldve had better stats across the board than Bell had last year.

Not saying Conner is better than Bell, and I wouldnt say he has been "exposed", but Bell's value has absolutely been negatively effected by Conner's success this year.

Archived