The greatness of Saquon Barkley

Gmen

Did you know Saquon Barkley is the best running back in the league?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know Saquon Barkley is the best running back in the league?

• Yes, that is pretty obvious
    • No, but I know now

18 hours ago, fluhartz said:

and he will probably win about as many games (or less) as calvin did if they don't get a QB

Football's a team game.  No single player (even a great QB) can carry a team on his own.  See Aaron Rodgers this year.  

15 hours ago, mtmmike said:

I can tell you now I would not trade him straight up for baker mayfield

I promise you'll be changing that tune in a few years as the Browns are once again looking for another QB while Saquon Barkley already has a Hall of Fame resume.

Despite his apparent success this year, I'm not a believer in Mayfield.  Josh Allen is the only QB I would take over Saquon Barkley (both before the draft and knowing what I know now).

4 hours ago, VanS said:

I don't care about stats.  I've watched them play and can see Saquon is better.

This is no diss toward Todd Gurley.  Saquon Barkley might be the most talented RB in NFL history.  He would be the best in almost every era.

LOL.

4 hours ago, VanS said:

I promise you'll be changing that tune in a few years as the Browns are once again looking for another QB while Saquon Barkley already has a Hall of Fame resume.

Despite his apparent success this year, I'm not a believer in Mayfield.  Josh Allen is the only QB I would take over Saquon Barkley (both before the draft and knowing what I know now).

Double-down LOL.

Barkley has more potential than any runningback in the league, but until the rest of the team enables him, he won't reach it.

Baker Mayfield is having a good Rookie season, but pound for pound it's not as good as Barkley's by a sizable margin. That said, I don't think either team should regret the pick they made. 

You can't go wrong with either Gurley, Zeke, or Barkley in your backfield but if I had to choose between the 3 I'm definitely going Barkley. Kid is ridiculous.

On another note, what happened to Gurley in his sophomore year? And before anyone just lazily blames Fisher, he was still Gurley's coach his rookie year in which he ran for 1106 yards on 4.8 ypc and 10 TD's in just 13 games. His sophomore season he only ran for 885 yards on 3.2 ypc and 6 TD's in a full 16 games. What actually happened because I can't buy the Jeff Fisher excuse after such a good rookie campaign.

5 hours ago, VanS said:

Oh wow...

6 hours ago, VanS said:

Football's a team game.  No single player (even a great QB) can carry a team on his own.

While this is partially true, may I remind everyone that Andrew Luck carried one of the worst put-together and mismanaged teams I've ever seen to an 11-5 record in his first 3 seasons. So yeah, a QB can't do it all by himself but the value of QB vs RB isn't comparable at all. You swap out an elite QB with an elite RB on those Colts teams, and their ceiling isn't higher than 4-12 those 3 seasons.

7 hours ago, VanS said:

Thank you for post 

i do not know what bust rates for for rookie about that rate higher then manning and Favre but I assume it is not many

It was a good pick and gives the Giants time to find the right fit for QB, and not take a QB for the sake of doing so.

Anyone who thought he'd struggle (and there were a couple) were either dead wrong and incapable of evaluating talent, or just trying to have the "hot take" contrarian opinion.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

It was a good pick and gives the Giants time to find the right fit for QB, and not take a QB for the sake of doing so.

Anyone who thought he'd struggle (and there were a couple) were either dead wrong and incapable of evaluating talent, or just trying to have the "hot take" contrarian opinion.

Dude, he's just Trent Richardson 4head 9_9

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

While this is partially true, may I remind everyone that Andrew Luck carried one of the worst put-together and mismanaged teams I've ever seen to an 11-5 record in his first 3 seasons. So yeah, a QB can't do it all by himself but the value of QB vs RB isn't comparable at all. You swap out an elite QB with an elite RB on those Colts teams, and their ceiling isn't higher than 4-12 those 3 seasons.

To be fair, we've seen Adrian Peterson pull a Christian Ponder-led Vikings team to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth. 

I'm sure there are other examples, but this stands out.

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

On another note, what happened to Gurley in his sophomore year? And before anyone just lazily blames Fisher, he was still Gurley's coach his rookie year in which he ran for 1106 yards on 4.8 ypc and 10 TD's in just 13 games. His sophomore season he only ran for 885 yards on 3.2 ypc and 6 TD's in a full 16 games. What actually happened because I can't buy the Jeff Fisher excuse after such a good rookie campaign.

1. Anyone choosing Barkley right now over the other top HBs doesn't know what they're talking about. Barkley will likely be better soon, but you're going to get your QB killed with your choice now. Barkley is a poor pass protector, which has gotten Eli in hot water a number of times this year. The kid will improve. But when your other choices are great in all facets of the game, it makes no sense at all to choose a guy who has such a massive flaw. People need to chill with the desperation to be the "first."

2. There's nothing "lazy" about blaming Fisher. We've seen what Gurley has done under McVay. It's quite obvious why he struggled that year if you watched the Rams. We had a bad OL that was also poorly coached and rarely on the same page. We had a terrible scheme with an OC who was in way over his head. Teams were focused on stopping Gurley because he was the only offensive weapon worth a damn. And all of those factors combined to make Gurley stop trusting his blockers and scheme, which made the problem worse.

Don't ask what happened while in the same breath trying to preemptively tell people they're wrong if they give you the right answer.

One of the things you have to remember with Barkley is that he benefits from having obj on the field if he is playingfor Arizona due we even due we even here about this guy

also baker took a 0 win team to probably a 8 win team if Barkley was a generational talent why did not get New York 8 more wins

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

There's nothing "lazy" about blaming Fisher. We've seen what Gurley has done under McVay. It's quite obvious why he struggled that year if you watched the Rams. We had a bad OL that was also poorly coached and rarely on the same page. We had a terrible scheme with an OC who was in way over his head. Teams were focused on stopping Gurley because he was the only offensive weapon worth a damn. And all of those factors combined to make Gurley stop trusting his blockers and scheme, which made the problem worse.

You literally just explained why it would be lazy for someone to sit there and just blame Fisher for his down season. Clearly there were a lot of factors outside of Fisher.

Archived