Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

9 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

This is why I fear for people like Will Parks. He's due $2m this year and whilst his play is definitely deserving of that salary, he'd be a prime cut candidate given our cap situation (Parks carries a dead cap of just $25k).

That said, we need to remember that we currently have 63 players on our roster (a ton more by camp), of which many will be cut with very little dead cap (if any), thus I imagine our 'true' cap position right now is about $10-15m.

I don't think Parks will be cut.

I am not sure of:

Sua Craven (850.000 salary and 0 dead money)

Kevin Hogan( sure we will select a QB this month) with 900.000 and 300.000 dead money

Devonte Booker (the postion is always devaluate) (700.000 and 95.000 dead money)

Brandon Langley (800.000 and 0 money) more after his reconversion in WR

and some of the players with 0 dead money and minimum salary (570.000)

Chris Harris need to be patient. In May he will have a new contract

15 hours ago, French Fan said:

I don't think Parks will be cut.

I am not sure of:

Sua Craven (850.000 salary and 0 dead money)

Kevin Hogan( sure we will select a QB this month) with 900.000 and 300.000 dead money

Devonte Booker (the postion is always devaluate) (700.000 and 95.000 dead money)

Brandon Langley (800.000 and 0 money) more after his reconversion in WR

and some of the players with 0 dead money and minimum salary (570.000)

Chris Harris need to be patient. In May he will have a new contract

They could actually possibly save money on the cap if they extend CHJ. A  healthy signing bonus and lower 2019 salary would help the cap situation this year.

With many other high priced players coming off the books next year (Wolfe, Sanders, and Leary), it isn’t a huge problem for 2020 either. 

The biggest hurdle may be cash. Do the Broncos have the cash to extend CHJ?  

One other cap savings option depending on what happens in the draft is Todd Davis. Could save 3M against the cap if cut or possibly traded for a late round or future pick. 

5 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Broncos to sign AAF CB De'Vante Bausby, 6'2" 190lb DB with 4.42 speed. Had 5INT's for SA.  Depth right now but is this done to leverage CHJ ?

Um...undrafted NFLer and AAF CB who was rated the 10th best CB in the AAF to threaten CHJs position...LMAO!!!

If the Broncos go out and trade for Jalen Ramsey...that might signal something to CHJ.  

Alas, I think CHJ gets extended and he should.  He never even asks to be the highest paid corner.  

• Like 4

On 4/3/2019 at 6:07 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

This is why I fear for people like Will Parks. He's due $2m this year and whilst his play is definitely deserving of that salary, he'd be a prime cut candidate given our cap situation (Parks carries a dead cap of just $25k).

That said, we need to remember that we currently have 63 players on our roster (a ton more by camp), of which many will be cut with very little dead cap (if any), thus I imagine our 'true' cap position right now is about $10-15m.

I would peg the chances of Parks being cut at zero. He's a really good player, hard worker, low salary, I think he actually fits the mold of what Fangio wants more than some other guys in that secondary.

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

I would peg the chances of Parks being cut at zero. He's a really good player, hard worker, low salary, I think he actually fits the mold of what Fangio wants more than some other guys in that secondary.

I hope you're right; I like Parks. But the fact is, he could feasibly be our #3 Safety earning $2m with no dead cap, when we may draft a Safety earning a lot less.

5 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Um...undrafted NFLer and AAF CB who was rated the 10th best CB in the AAF to threaten CHJs position...LMAO!!!

If the Broncos go out and trade for Jalen Ramsey...that might signal something to CHJ.  

Alas, I think CHJ gets extended and he should.  He never even asks to be the highest paid corner.  

Excuse me...wasn't Chris Harris Jr an undrafted NFLer ???? And true, I don't expect him to usurp Harris, I was just noting we now have depth at the position with Kareem, Calahan, Yiadom and now another prospect who does have familiarity with Fangio's system

Edited by Cutler06

3 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Excuse me...wasn't Chris Harris Jr an undrafted NFLer ???? And true, I don't expect him to usurp Harris, I was just noting we now have depth at the position with Kareem, Calahan, Yiadom and now another prospect who does have familiarity with Fangio's system

Sure CHJ was undrafted, but didn't have to go play in the AAF because he couldn't make an NFL roster. 

• 2 weeks later...

A 2015 undrafted free agent, Jordan Taylor gutted through a labrum tear in his right hip in 2017 but still finished as Denver's No. 3 receiver and primary punt returner, recording 13 catches for 142 yards and 11 returns for 103 yards. He underwent corrective hip surgery after the season, which effectively ended his 2018 campaign, as well. He also might be best known for being Peyton Manning's personal wide receiver during his rehab process back in 2015 while dealing with a foot injury.

Terms of the deal with the Vikings were not immediately available other than that it is a one-year contract.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Jordan-Taylor-to-sign-with-Minnesota-Vikings-131174063/

tell us curious Viking fans about this guy...

18 hours ago, vike daddy said:

A 2015 undrafted free agent, Jordan Taylor gutted through a labrum tear in his right hip in 2017 but still finished as Denver's No. 3 receiver and primary punt returner, recording 13 catches for 142 yards and 11 returns for 103 yards. He underwent corrective hip surgery after the season, which effectively ended his 2018 campaign, as well. He also might be best known for being Peyton Manning's personal wide receiver during his rehab process back in 2015 while dealing with a foot injury.

Terms of the deal with the Vikings were not immediately available other than that it is a one-year contract.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Jordan-Taylor-to-sign-with-Minnesota-Vikings-131174063/

tell us curious Viking fans about this guy...

The dreaded 'camp Superstar' that never really produced it on the field. Peyton was a big fan, so there's that at least ...

The #3 WR rarely features in a Kubiak Offense because you play so much 2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB sets and he was never going to beat out Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas. However, he couldn't beat out Bennie Fowler for playing time so that's not really a good sign.

Who knows - if he can stay healthy for a change and with better QB play, he might be able to replicate his camp performances on the field. That said, I wouldn't be banking on it.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

how about as a punt returner? we need one of those too.

Without checking the stats, I believe we gave him a go there because he was sure handed and we had issues with ball security on Punts (feel like we've been saying this since Darrent Williams was killed).

From memory, he didn't set the world on fire. He really doesn't have the physique for a Punt Returner; he's too tall to have the lateral agility required to be nifty in small spaces. He was a decent gunner on Punt Coverage but again, there's a reason why positions that require hip fluidity like CB and punt returner/gunner rarely feature players who are taller than 6ft.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

well, poop then. the Vikings have two great receivers in Thielen and Diggs (and both acquired for the cost of one 5th round pick...), but really no one after that of substance.

Well congrats but this is the BRONCO's forum, nobody really cares, better received in the Viking's forum.