Do you think that Brady has fallen off?

patriotsheatyan

1 minute ago, patriotsheatyan said:

For people saying this is one game...

While Brady has no doubt been a good QB this season, he was also 14th in Passer Rating coming into today. This isn’t something that came out of nowhere. He’s having a solid year, but he clearly hasn’t been playing like he did the last three years I felt.

Yes, there's some decline in his play but he's hasn't "fallen off" so to speak. 

4 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

While Brady has no doubt been a good QB this season, he was also 14th in Passer Rating coming into today. This isn’t something that came out of nowhere. He’s having a solid year, but he clearly hasn’t been playing like he did the last three years I felt.

In a season of historically high passer ratings, that doesn't mean much. His passer rating going into today was 99. That's higher than his career rating, and would be third all time behind Rodgers and Wilson.

His receivers were dropping passes and his line was taking penalties left and right tonight, and he was getting pressured hard. He had a couple bad passes but overall he didn't even play that bad tonight. Of course he will start to slow down eventually, but until I see it over an extended period of time, I wouldn't call him anywhere near done yet. His offensive supporting cast is falling off far more than he is tbh.

16 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Go back and look at that list and tell me how many of the QB's ahead of him have significantly better weapons than he does. And before you come back and say "but Wilson and Tannehill dont", look at their putrid yardage compared to the other QB's among them.

19 minutes ago, Starless said:

The fallacy here is in thinking you can assess decline based on numbers alone. Peyton Manning's arm was clearly not what it once was in 2013 but he still set the single-season passing TD record and won the MVP award that year.

This. You can clearly see when he doesn't have a clean throwing platform, he can't drive the ball. There's a play in the Titans game to James White that was as easy of a throw as you'll ever see and Brady missed it by 10 feet because his platform was off and he quite simply doesn't have the arm anymore to drive it with just hip torque and arm strength alone.

There is a clear, visible decline in the way Brady has played so far this year. That doesn't mean he's about to fall off a cliff (if he tries and plays till he is 45 he might) but you can see that his body is beginning to truly break down. His numbers will look fine because he's still Tom Brady and there's no defense in the league that's smarter than him, and it's easier to throw the ball than ever this year. But you can absolutely, quantifiably see that the end is very much within sight for him physically.

30 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

In a season of historically high passer ratings, that doesn't mean much. His passer rating going into today was 99. That's higher than his career rating, and would be third all time behind Rodgers and Wilson.

His passer rating is 99 in a league where it isn’t an impressive number anymore. 

18 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

It seems that people want me to believe that Gronk, Gordon, Edelman, White, Hogan, and Michel are worse than the league average.

Gronk is not good. That's a pretty average receiving unit. The other 3 teams in the division have worst receiving options.

Next year, which I assume barring some miracle will be his last, is where I think it's going to be pronounced enough where you really notice it if you're just an average fan or a fan of an opposing team. His legs aren't getting any less wear and tear on them as he gets older and takes more hits and more reps. I think the decline in arm strength is going to be readily apparent then. Which leaves the Pats kinda screwed because they are nowhere near 2015 Bronco's level of being talented enough around him to allow him to ride off into the sunset.

Archived