Week 16 GDT: Chicago Bears at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mullens+2nd for Ramsey. Who says no??? 

If Mullens balls out against Chicago, it has to be something they consider, especially if they are getting a little fed up with Ramsey. They don't have the money to get someone like flacco or foles or Bridgewater without major tinkering. 

I think they're be more likely to do it if neither Herbert or Haskins declares as well. Otherwise they need to work a trade that involves bortles

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

If Mullens balls out against Chicago, it has to be something they consider, especially if they are getting a little fed up with Ramsey. They don't have the money to get someone like flacco or foles or Bridgewater without major tinkering. 

I think they're be more likely to do it if neither Herbert or Haskins declares as well. Otherwise they need to work a trade that involves bortles

What do you think they do with Campbell? I know Malik Jackson thinks he will get released, but how is Campbell's contract? They will definitely have to make some tough decisions this offseason. Crazy that they are in cap hell without actually paying their QB huge money. 

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

We can take Bortles, if they add their second rounder!

Still disappointed we didn't get to do the Osweiler trade with the Texans.

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What do you think they do with Campbell? I know Malik Jackson thinks he will get released, but how is Campbell's contract? They will definitely have to make some tough decisions this offseason. Crazy that they are in cap hell without actually paying their QB huge money. 

They have better guys to release than Campbell, I don't think that he goes anywhere this year. He saves them some money, but has a 5 million dollar dead cap hit as well, and there are guys that save more. It should start with Hyde and ASJ, that's nearly 10 million right there. Dareus or Jackson will be gone, one or the other. I think it's likely to be Dareus as he hits them for like 10 million with no dead space. I'd be somewhat surprised if they cut both, but Jackson would save them 11 million. That being said, you have to be pretty confident that Taven Bryan and Abry Jones are ready to go and take over those roles. But those three moves (ASJ, Hyde, Dareus) That will get them back in the black and enough to pay for their rookie class, but that's it. Everything after will be based on production versus salary. Given the state of their offensive line, I"d be a little shocked if guys like Linder or Parnell are gone, but they both have higher (4/6 million) hits with no dead money. If they can trade Bortles, that will be big for them because that will save them 11 million (as opposed to 4 million), so I think thats something we will see, even if they have to give up a draft pick to do it. They released Church earlier this week, so I don't know if that means that they are comfortable enough with Harrison that they would also release Gipson next year, as he counts for over 7 million and just have an entirely new set of starting safeties. 

They certainly have some inflated deals for guys not producing to their salary, but if you cut out a ton of those guys, you're basically remaking the team, and I don't know how far that they are willing to go in that scenario if they also want to win now. 

19 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

We can take Bortles, if they add their second rounder!

Still disappointed we didn't get to do the Osweiler trade with the Texans.

Yeah, I would have liked to have done that as well.

If Ramsey were on the table in some sort of package for Mullens, I'd take Bortles back to help expedite that process, for sure. But I think just about everything has to fall perfectly in place for that to happen. There has to be no quarterback worth #5 in the draft first off, so if either Herbert or Haskins declares, I think that's dead in the water - they will do whatever it takes to grab one of those. They could also just shed as much payroll as they can and acquire one of the free agents. They can do something like a 2 + Bortles for Flacco. They woudln't have to do too much navigating around that money wise to get that to work (they'd have to find about 7 million, which could easily just be cutting Gipson). They could look into both Foles and Bridgewater to see what the market is to pay them. Mullens is also going to have to play lights out against Chicago to make that happen. I just don't think it's likely to happen. But yeah, I'd take on Bortles' money for that. Could also be done with Alex Smith if we really want to buy a pick...but given the cost there, that better be a 2020 first, because we are eating much more money than the Browns had to for that. 

Seems like the Jags have to do something this offseason. They cant afford not to. 

They run the same scheme as us, Saleh was their LBs coach. Whichever defensive player they are looking to unload, we should be all over it. 

Remind me again why we traded up to take Joshua Garnett when MYLES JACK was available???

The thing that scares me most about the bears game is their interior rush against Overpaidburg. He had a really rough game last week and dealing with power interior linemen has been a big problem for him. Hicks is a massive human being and the bears would be smart to have him rush over the C. 

You gotta wonder if kyle will cook up the gameplan against the bears that other teams will look to as a formula to win in the postseason. That's what he did against Jacksonville, he absolutely dismantled their defense last year. 

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE our coach? lol 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

trent_baalke_107929000.jpg?w=420

yeah lets not get started on this...when we moved up I was jumping for JOY because I thought it was for Jack...I mean Garnett at the time was the top rated G but was a reach?

Also I still love his argument on why we didn't move up for Odell.. "And maybe something on top of that. So in essence, you would have been maybe giving up Jimmie Ward, you would have been giving up Marcus Martin or Chris Borland, and you would have been giving up Carlos Hyde, plus somebody else. So you would have given up three young, quality players to go get one."

57 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

yeah lets not get started on this...when we moved up I was jumping for JOY because I thought it was for Jack...I mean Garnett at the time was the top rated G but was a reach?

Also I still love his argument on why we didn't move up for Odell.. "And maybe something on top of that. So in essence, you would have been maybe giving up Jimmie Ward, you would have been giving up Marcus Martin or Chris Borland, and you would have been giving up Carlos Hyde, plus somebody else. So you would have given up three young, quality players to go get one."

I have watched tape of Jimmie Ward this year. I would do a lot to give up Jimmie Ward. His glaring misunderstanding of his role as a corner in cover 3 led to a couple of our biggest give ups of the season. I'm remembering the Green Bay game in particular as one that not having Jimmie Ward might have meant victory. Deep over routes from the far side are tough, but he had jack **** that should have been diverting his attention from things entering his deep third from the far side. It wasn't even clever play design. *cough* McCarthy *cough*. 

There are a couple of reasons for the 49ers could win

1. We phone it in after 2 big games and clinching the division

2. 3/4 loses have been on the road, 2 of them against teams that are not overly impressive

Reasons the 49ers will not win,

1. The Bears defense will rip your soul out

2. If Mitch is on we are scoring 28 points

3. We should be able to neutralize Buckner

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

There are a couple of reasons for the 49ers could win

1. We phone it in after 2 big games and clinching the division

2. 3/4 loses have been on the road, 2 of them against teams that are not overly impressive

Reasons the 49ers will not win,

1. The Bears defense will rip your soul out

2. If Mitch is on we are scoring 28 points

3. We should be able to neutralize Buckner

Also under reasons the 49ers will not win, The bears are the much better team :D

Just do us a favor and make Mullens look like a stud so that we can trade him for a nice return this off season 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also under reasons the 49ers will not win, The bears are the much better team :D

Just do us a favor and make Mullens look like a stud so that we can trade him for a nice return this off season 

We have pretty routinely been ripping QBs souls out of them.

I think the Bears broke Jared Goff.

When you add our pass rush to Fangio it has really killed most QBs, not named Osweiler.

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We have pretty routinely been ripping QBs souls out of them.

I think the Bears broke Jared Goff.

When you add our pass rush to Fangio it has really killed most QBs, not named Osweiler.

Goff looked even worse the week prior vs Detroit. Only difference is, they kept dropping balls hit right in their hands. He's had a horrific three week stretch no doubt.

Shanny will scheme guys open like he does every week but the talent level of the Bears defense is too much for our offense. Hicks is going to destroy our interior OL and Mack will be a problem like he is every week. Though McGlinchey did hold his own against Miller a few weeks back. 

12 hours ago, N4L said:

Seems like the Jags have to do something this offseason. They cant afford not to. 

They run the same scheme as us, Saleh was their LBs coach. Whichever defensive player they are looking to unload, we should be all over it. 

Remind me again why we traded up to take Joshua Garnett when MYLES JACK was available???

The thing that scares me most about the bears game is their interior rush against Overpaidburg. He had a really rough game last week and dealing with power interior linemen has been a big problem for him. Hicks is a massive human being and the bears would be smart to have him rush over the C. 

You gotta wonder if kyle will cook up the gameplan against the bears that other teams will look to as a formula to win in the postseason. That's what he did against Jacksonville, he absolutely dismantled their defense last year. 

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE our coach? lol 

I liked Garnett coming out of college.  Not that high, but I liked him. Why has he been such a bust?  Just injuries or is he not good?

I thought Solomon Thomas would be stud in NFL too.  Shows what I know.  I also thought Thomas would be a penetrating 3 tech not a DE.  

Hicks doesn't rush over C.  Seen two people worried about that.  He'll be on guards or tackles.

C has Goldman and he sucks.  Just kidding he's really good and having his best season.  Floyd is finally playing good too.  Were it not for Packers being allowed to hold every play he may have had 4-5 sacks and a safety.

Good luck.  Though this is a classic let down game and secondary is down 2 starters now.   We'll see what happens.  

Funny, Pace got roasted nationally and on local radio for that trade and that 2017 draft.  Turns out it was a pretty good draft.  

Archived