Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, true2form said:

I'm not sure what routes have to do with drops.  If the QB puts the ball on you and you drop it, that's it.  Now if you want to say Carr throws the ball harder or a wobbly pass, then I could understand that.

Drops are IMO 90% on the WR. They usually happen because of lack of focus, hearing footsteps, running before catching, or plain bad hands.

He does not throw to specific routes so when he does every third game the WR might be caught off guard.  Carr well throw to routes that start on the right that go to the left but not routes that start on the left and do not come back to the right.  He might feel more comfortable throwing certain routes and a lot of right handed QBs  like throwing to their right but the WRs might feel more comfortable catching passes a certain way also.  I think they are all professionals and therefore should be able to do it all with a certain level of competency.  That is for Carr and the WRs.

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Umm he dropped a whole bunch of passes for bmore to. Even though I agree that some of the drops got to be on Carr. 

I thought the same thing when he said Crabtree but then I remembered who Crabtree has throwing to him in Baltimore.  Lamar Jackson put his WRs is some tough situations last year and rookie QBs are known to have problems with velocity on shorter passes.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:54 PM, Humble_Beast said:

On 6/10/2019 at 3:54 PM, Humble_Beast said:

kinda annoying we still have 29m in cap space and we didn't bring in better edge rushers.... Ferrell is fine but will be a rookie, and everyone else beyond average with potential... 

A bunch of smoke around a Jalen Ramsey trade....

On 22/06/2019 at 6:46 PM, drfrey13 said:

He does not throw to specific routes so when he does every third game the WR might be caught off guard.  Carr well throw to routes that start on the right that go to the left but not routes that start on the left and do not come back to the right.  He might feel more comfortable throwing certain routes and a lot of right handed QBs  like throwing to their right but the WRs might feel more comfortable catching passes a certain way also.  I think they are all professionals and therefore should be able to do it all with a certain level of competency.  That is for Carr and the WRs.

I like a lot of what you post drfrey but this just seems like digging for a reason to put the drops on Carr. Just watching the plays it's clear our receivers did drop a lot of catchable balls, and particularly badly timed ones like on 3rd down, maybe Cooper is just happier in Dallas and as a consequence plays slightly better with more concentration - a more rational explanation to me than Carr throws difficult to catch balls IMHO.

If I didn't know better this sounds like making excuses for the receivers in order to apportion blame to Carr..........

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I like a lot of what you post drfrey but this just seems like digging for a reason to put the drops on Carr. Just watching the plays it's clear our receivers did drop a lot of catchable balls, and particularly badly timed ones like on 3rd down, maybe Cooper is just happier in Dallas and as a consequence plays slightly better with more concentration - a more rational explanation to me than Carr throws difficult to catch balls IMHO.

If I didn't know better this sounds like making excuses for the receivers in order to apportion blame to Carr..........

I think it is on Carr and the WRs.  The Int Carr threw to Cooper who was triple covered I put on Cooper also because he quit on the route.  You play thru the whistle and if it hits your hands you should have caught it.  I firmly believe both of these saying but just looking at the numbers there is something to what is going on with Carr.  Not an excuse for the receivers because they are well payed professionals but I think there are things that Carr can do that would make it easier for them.  If you re-watch the first three games teams could have moved their coverage to right 3/4 of the field and they would have been fine.  Now this might have been corrected later on and I have just not watched the games yet but the with 13 minutes left in the 2nd quarter of the Browns game is a good example.  Cooper breaks the ankles of the DB like he was playing basketball and Carr still can not get the ball to him on the left side on time.

Its at the 2 minute mark.  Have not watched the entire game yet.  To be clear when I talk about Carr's issues throwing to left it is on passes that are around 10 yards or more.  I also made comments about Carr throwing 50/50 balls and thru the first 3 games he has thrown 2 and both were intercepted.  I put that on the receivers since they should be able to break up the pass if they can not catch it.

On 6/22/2019 at 1:46 PM, drfrey13 said:

Yeah, that has nothing to do with Carr.  If you're running a route, you should expect the ball every time.

6 minutes ago, true2form said:

Yeah, that has nothing to do with Carr.  If you're running a route, you should expect the ball every time.

I agree but this does not always happen.  Just as you can lull a DB to sleep you could probably do the same thing to a WR.  Just the amount of money these guys get per target is reason enough to always be ready.  What I do blame Carr for was his bad throws to the left and pretty much taken away a quarter of the field from himself.  I am sure other teams noticed this also.

Josh Jacobs deserves a Blind Side/Michael Oher type movie tbh:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/josh-jacobs-alabama-nfl-draft

I just kept running.

I didn’t know what else to do. I was just walking up to the gas station with three of my friends when a car pulled up in front of us. One of the dudes inside said something. I didn’t hear him. One of my friends said something back. I don’t remember what. The car sped off. We kept on walking. Then we saw the same car loop back around.

The lights cut off first. That’s when we started running.

Then came the gunshots.

We scattered. I was booking it down the sidewalk. Out of the four of us, the car chose to follow me. And the dudes inside just kept on shooting.

I broke off and jumped over a fence into somebody’s backyard. I juked my way through a bunch of kids’ toys and jumped another fence. I was trying to calculate how far I was from home when I realized … I couldn’t go home. These dudes were following me. And I didn’t want to lead them to my house.

Raiders rank #5 for spending the most money on offense in NFL $114.8

QB $25 million #13th highest in NFL
RB $9 million #14 highest in NFL
WR $33 #4 highest in NFL
TE $4.7 million #28 highest in NFL
OL-$43.1 million #6 highest in NFL

Raiders rank #32 for spending the least amount of money on defense in NFL $61
DL $17 million #28 highest in NFL
LB $12.5 million #28 highest in NFL
S-$18 million #6 highest in NFL
CB-$14 million #24 highest in NFL

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mayock said he "didn't believe FA was the answer at edge". What do you think he meant? 

I think he would only pony up for an elite edge. Otherwise he'd rather draft and develop on defense because of how expensive DL and CB can be.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mayock said he "didn't believe FA was the answer at edge". What do you think he meant? 

I think he would only pony up for an elite edge. Otherwise he'd rather draft and develop on defense because of how expensive DL and CB can be.

I don't know if there is a link or something missing on my screen but this quite clearly isn't true or is a huge U turn after the incident.

It also raises the question whether we'll retain top level talent after their rookie contract ends, seems a risky way to do business relying on finding a stud every 4 years to replace the guy you won't pay for and hoping he develops in 2, even then you're only getting maybe 2 to 3 years of high level production. I can understand we don't want to have huge money tied up at too many positions but you're also severely handicapping yourself if you're only looking for inexpensive guys.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Raiders rank #5 for spending the most money on offense in NFL $114.8

QB $25 million #13th highest in NFL
RB $9 million #14 highest in NFL
WR $33 #4 highest in NFL
TE $4.7 million #28 highest in NFL
OL-$43.1 million #6 highest in NFL

Raiders rank #32 for spending the least amount of money on defense in NFL $61
DL $17 million #28 highest in NFL
LB $12.5 million #28 highest in NFL
S-$18 million #6 highest in NFL
CB-$14 million #24 highest in NFL

Interesting......... I don't think we're far away from where each position would rank skills wise there either. The outlier might be CB where I think we should be pretty strong with Conley, Worley and Mullen. That looks a strong, decently deep group to me even though Joyner is not included money wise but will be playing a lot of slot.

QB - Decent to good value (though I suspect a lot won't agree) :)
RB - To be seen but seems about right given our depth and good spread of skills
WR - A little high maybe as AB is the only top guy
TE - About right for the bodies we have, hopefully one will step up an make this good value
OL - Must perform better than last year but on paper looks about right maybe a little high

DL - You get what you pay for
LB - We just don't seem to value these and I can understand it somewhat, really like Morrow this year to make a leap
S - Good deep group and we should see good play from these guys this year (assume Joyner is included here)
CB - Great value for Conley, Worley and Mullen - I think Conley is a star

K/P - Overpaid no matter what they earn considering Townsend

Edited by Darbsk
Annoying spelling mistake