Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I dont disagree with that, the one worry I had about Jacobs and mentioned it a few times in the draft threads was that he had never had to shoulder an NFL like workload, now we know he had the talent but whether he can get his body adjusted to that full 16 game schedule and 15 to 20 carries a game, every game is something of a concern and was to me at the time we drafted him. Totally agree we need a guy like Hyde to take some of the heavy lifting and I'm not sure if Bowden, Booker or Richard are the answer, maybe not.

With regard to the travelling I think we coped well but games like the Jets game I think it caught up with us, but I'll concede that point if the schedule was as you say, to be honest I cant remember when we did most of the long flights.  

Weeks 3-8 was the stretch that we did not play in Oakland and our 1 home game was in London.  

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Weeks 3-8 was the stretch that we did not play in Oakland and our 1 home game was in London.  

Arguably our best game in London, thought we game planned and executed well in every facet of the game. We handled Mack in exemplary fashion. The coaches dud a great job.

36 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Hopefully with the move to Vegas and the spotlight, the refs won’t be so bias against us. One can hope 

Since the penalty for paying off refs (Washington) will likely be a loss of a 3rd round pick and $1M (if we go off NE’s last punishment).... then maybe we should spread some of that new stadium money around.  Refs should get an envelope every game, lol.

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Pass Rushers are hard to find, go get your guy Gruden. 

Except he isn't really a great pass-rusher. He's an elite run defender and super athletic, but he doesn't get to the QB consistently. He's never had double digit sacks (9.5 in 2017) and only 32 in his 6 years. He has missed a good chunk of time which hurts his numbers but that's also a big red flag of his.

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Look at his hurries. 

2019- 3.5 sacks, 30 pressures

2018- 9.0 sacks, 47 pressures

30 hurries is good, but not worth 16+M.

Nassib has had 21,17 hurries the last 2 years as a frame of reference.  Crosby had 31 this year.

The question comes down will we get ‘18 or ‘19 Clowney, can he stay healthy, will he settle for what we’re offering.

id love to get Clowney but would hold firm in our offer. I don’t want to sacrifice too much of the ‘21 cap (the year we should be making our deep playoff run) to just have him this year.  

but I am very intrigued by the idea of using him as a DT.... Crosby, Collins/Hurst, Clowney, Ferrell

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Except he isn't really a great pass-rusher. He's an elite run defender and super athletic, but he doesn't get to the QB consistently. He's never had double digit sacks (9.5 in 2017) and only 32 in his 6 years. He has missed a good chunk of time which hurts his numbers but that's also a big red flag of his.

But “his impact is beyond the stat sheet” or whatever his apologists say.  LOL.

Clowney, with his #1 overall status+Legendary college hype&potential and glimpses of NFL success, will always have teams and their fans wanting to sign him, even if it means a big deal, because “maybe we can get it all out of him”.

YOU WON’T.... as a DE

The guys a physically gifted freak but he’s had major injuries and is 27.  He probably only has 2 good years and 1 mediocre year left in him.  He’s never developed more than a swim move.  When he wins it’s almost always to the inside shoulder of a OLmen.  He hardly ever rushes successfully outside and runs the arc.  He seems to do better versus G’s then OT’s. Nearly all of his highlight run stuffs are on backside pursuits. He’s far too limited in outside rush moves and seems to not have the hips to do so.

I think Clowney should have been moved to DT a long time ago.

we need a dominate DT and for 12-15M on a 1 year deal... with some type of 2nd year option without any dead cap... I’d really like to see what Clowney could do for us.

Edited by jimkelly02

On 7/25/2020 at 1:27 PM, oakdb36 said:

Sounds like most of the rookies are getting signed today.

Wait so the league and players ironed out the some details and the rookies got signed. Shocking. Thought they be rushing and fumbling around and  some rookies would miss time. I guess not. 

Edited by dante9876