Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

2019- 3.5 sacks, 30 pressures

2018- 9.0 sacks, 47 pressures

30 hurries is good, but not worth 16+M.

Nassib has had 21,17 hurries the last 2 years as a frame of reference.  Crosby had 31 this year.

The question comes down will we get ‘18 or ‘19 Clowney, can he stay healthy, will he settle for what we’re offering.

id love to get Clowney but would hold firm in our offer. I don’t want to sacrifice too much of the ‘21 cap (the year we should be making our deep playoff run) to just have him this year.  

but I am very intrigued by the idea of using him as a DT.... Crosby, Collins/Hurst, Clowney, Ferrell

I think Clowney is closer to his 2018 stats more then his 2019. He was playing hurt last year. I wouldn’t suggest to pay him top dollar on a long term contract, but if there’s value on a short term deal. I’m all for it!

On 7/25/2020 at 2:43 AM, Darbsk said:

Well, we were genuinely robbed against a couple teams so there us that aswell 😁😁

A couple? Jax game is the only one that's questionable, but Carr still got out played by Minshaw.

Edited by raidr4life

40 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

A couple? Jax game is the only one that's questionable, but Carr still got out played by Minshaw.

Maybe I misremember but the very last game was some very dubious calls I feel, i think it was the Broncos but may be wrong. I just remember beeing seething and feeling robbed 😁

I didnt remember Minshew playing particularly well in the Jags game, we were pretty shoddy overall, especially in the second half I recall but I thought we did enough to win and Carr played ok as far as I remember and basically won us the game with the scramble only to be the victim of a horrendous call. I guess you were looking for a scapegoat maybe?

Ruggs in that black jersey 🔥 

also never seen Amik smile lol 

You may notice the players wearing that grey thing around their wrist that is covering up a device that all players and staff will wear at the facilities and while playing. Helps with tracking. 

Edited by agarcia34

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Maybe I misremember but the very last game was some very dubious calls I feel, i think it was the Broncos but may be wrong. I just remember beeing seething and feeling robbed 😁

I didnt remember Minshew playing particularly well in the Jags game, we were pretty shoddy overall, especially in the second half I recall but I thought we did enough to win and Carr played ok as far as I remember and basically won us the game with the scramble only to be the victim of a horrendous call. I guess you were looking for a scapegoat maybe?

That's the problem is you mis remember  our offense stunk the whole 2nd half against Jax's horrible defense in our house, we couldn't put the game away because of it. Shouldn't have never been that close, the defense held up until the last 5 minutes of the game, but 0 points in the 2nd half killed us again. Yes we got robbed on the Carr slide with 2:05 left in the game, but can't keep putting up 0 points in 2nd half of games. His bad 2nd half's started before Gruden got here for those who want to say it's Grudens offense, but some of us just don't see the same QB. Hope he can get it back but I'm skeptical.

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

That's the problem is you mis remember  our offense stunk the whole 2nd half against Jax's horrible defense in our house, we couldn't put the game away because of it. Shouldn't have never been that close, the defense held up until the last 5 minutes of the game, but 0 points in the 2nd half killed us again. Yes we got robbed on the Carr slide with 2:05 left in the game, but can't keep putting up 0 points in 2nd half of games. His bad 2nd half's started before Gruden got here for those who want to say it's Grudens offense, but some of us just don't see the same QB. Hope he can get it back but I'm skeptical.

I think we both see similar problems, Carr wasn't great for sure but I'm of the opinion that he's not the major issue. I think that is where we differ!

Hopefully this season we'll know for sure either way and if it turns out Carr can't deliver then I'll call for change there too. I believe we will see a much better overall O this year though...... I think playoffs are a realistic requirement.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Waller 99 and Jacobs 72 made the NFL top 100

You would think Hudson ought to be in there pretty high and maybe Littleton and Brown should be considered next year too with a good season  

16 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

You would think Hudson ought to be in there pretty high and maybe Littleton and Brown should be considered next year too with a good season  

With how much we have invested in the O-line I would hope we had at least 2 in the top 100.  Hudson is in there for sure though.  I would rather have a top 5 unit than have any on this list though.

23 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Clowney would obviously be a huge upgrade, but I don't see how we can realistically manufacture cap room to make him a legitimate offer.

Banking on a lot of improvement from Ferrell, Crosby... or Collins/Hurst being pro-bowl level guys. 

As I’ve said before in here we CAN restructure Trent Browns deal.  take the 21.5m salary and make it 5.5m salary and 16M signing bonus over the 2 remaining years plus 2 additional good years, thus his cap hit becomes 9.5m [frees up 12M plus the 3-5m we have in cap space already] but in doing so we add 4M each year to Browns ‘21 14.0M and ‘22 15.25M cap numbers and would have a dead cap of 8.0M in ‘23.

and ‘21 was the first year his salary was both “manageable” And had zero dead cap but now If we release him in ‘21 we eat 12.0M in dead cap.

It’s just a horrible idea all around IMO.  With the cap likely to drop from 198.2M this year to 175M we can afford to basically steal 12M from future years caps to spend This year.  Especially when you consider next year is the year we’ve always planned on being contenders.  Adding Clowney this year guarantees we can’t afford to resign him next year.

And for anyone that says well we can play games with the cap to make things work next year.... we were only able to sign everyone we did this year because we carried over 21.8M (mostly from AB’s release).  Our cap really was 220M this year.

A drop from 220M to 175M is 45M!  Yeah, no thanks we can’t afford to sacrifice the future for Clowney for 1 year.  Clowney barely changes the needle for us.  We’re wildcard contenders w/o him and with him we’re not going to win the Division let alone compete for a SB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

As I’ve said before in here we CAN restructure Trent Browns deal.  take the 21.5m salary and make it 5.5m salary and 16M signing bonus over the 2 remaining years plus 2 additional good years, thus his cap hit becomes 9.5m [frees up 12M plus the 3-5m we have in cap space already] but in doing so we add 4M each year to Browns ‘21 14.0M and ‘22 15.25M cap numbers and would have a dead cap of 8.0M in ‘23.

and ‘21 was the first year his salary was both “manageable” And had zero dead cap but now If we release him in ‘21 we eat 12.0M in dead cap.

It’s just a horrible idea all around IMO.  With the cap likely to drop from 198.2M this year to 175M we can afford to basically steal 12M from future years caps to spend This year.  Especially when you consider next year is the year we’ve always planned on being contenders.  Adding Clowney this year guarantees we can’t afford to resign him next year.

And for anyone that says well we can play games with the cap to make things work next year.... we were only able to sign everyone we did this year because we carried over 21.8M (mostly from AB’s release).  Our cap really was 220M this year.

A drop from 220M to 175M is 45M!  Yeah, no thanks we can’t afford to sacrifice the future for Clowney for 1 year.  Clowney barely changes the needle for us.  We’re wildcard contenders w/o him and with him we’re not going to win the Division let alone compete for a SB.

oh yeah, i mean its always techincally possible to make short term cap space, but i meant that there's no practical way to do it that doesnt screw us over next year or the year after

Guy's, I am really depressed.  I watched an A's, Angels game last night on TV.  Cardboard in the stands.  No roar from the crowd.  It ain't the same.  Without fans the Raider games will be noticeably different.  It will take a rare player/team to keep their game at a high level in these conditions.

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

No fans might actually help Carr tbh. It's very well known that he gets a little to excited when big games happen 4 of the first 5 games are big games. Might actually help him calm down. 

Why was I thinking about this the other day. Carr imo is very sensitive to the fans reactions.