Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Arnette has a fractured thumb... he can play through it

evidently it's not particularly new. looking back at recent practice photos he's had a brace of sorts on his hand, not as bad as the one he played through last year in college. they must have known about it before cutting amukamara

Edited by Turnobili

39 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I wouldn't say he is underrated.  He has proven nothing during his time in TB and all of the talk this offseason has been pure hype.  If they believed he was a feature back, which was being pumped out in the media they would not have signed LF.  Is he worse than Booker, most likely not but from what I have seen he is nothing special on the NFL level. Maybe worth a shot for a 5th based on his age but nothing more.  

he had solid games last year... he just isn't an Arians guy, he ran wild on the Rams last year. Really impressive stuff

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

not to be that guy, but wonder if ROJO could be traded for. Kid is only 23, and is underrated in my book. Wonder if we could offer a 5th and a vet lineman like Good/Kush. Bucs are going all in to win now, and why not get another starting OLineman

Would have just picked up Fournette for free...

32 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

he had solid games last year... he just isn't an Arians guy, he ran wild on the Rams last year. Really impressive stuff

Look at his whole career not just one game.  He was a first round pick on a team with terrible backs and was never able to secure a starting gig even before Arians was there.  He backed up a bum in Peyton Barber.  Meh but like you said he's 23 and a former 1st rounder so a 5th would be ok but I would not expect much from him.

10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Look at his whole career not just one game.  He was a first round pick on a team with terrible backs and was never able to secure a starting gig even before Arians was there.  He backed up a bum in Peyton Barber.  Meh but like you said he's 23 and a former 1st rounder so a 5th would be ok but I would not expect much from him.

he came into the league undersized, and was still only 21 and use to it coming easy for him. He still was on the USC fratboy mindset. He came into last year bulked up but kept his explosion, but Arians trusted the vet. Arians kinda like Gruden when it comes to one of his guys, he likes to stroke his ego. Regardless, RoJo still flashed all summer. This offseason Rojo spent all offseason training in the desert in Arizona. He just turned 23, and is the same age as some rookies, he is poised for a breakout. 

30 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Noticed that Abrams is wearing those long sleeve jerseys. That is not something you see a lot with the Raiders jerseys. Has that old school feeling. 

He definitely got some flak for it too. I think it does look strange but there's something about 24's in long sleeves...

20160129_012944_willie-brown_pg_600.jpg

iiucqsdehpvhzg6lg9rg.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 2:11 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Murray wasn't all world but he was solid starting RB. I feel like that started to mess up the chemistry of our young core. They all came up together and were close with one another. I think they realized it's a business at that point. 

Murray to Lynch was a downgrade IMO. The change in OL scheme messed us up IMO. Went from power to zone blocking and we looked terrible from what I can remember. I just want us to kick the Panthers in the face and take the league by storm.

57 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Murray to Lynch was a downgrade IMO. The change in OL scheme messed us up IMO. Went from power to zone blocking and we looked terrible from what I can remember. I just want us to kick the Panthers in the face and take the league by storm.

I was livid when we switched from a PBS to a zone scheme.  We had spent so much money and time building one of the best if not the best PBS lines in the league and then we threw it away.  There were quite a few mind boggling decisions made during this transition.  If Gruden can make it work then let's do it but for the past couple decades we spend cap and draft capital just to bring in new coaching that have different scheme philosophies.  We have a DC that runs a 3-4 zone scheme but that did not translate to wins after year two so lets bring in the DC that runs a 4-3 man heavy scheme.  Then we can all wonder why the FAs and draft picks from the previous regime suck.  Sometimes they do suck but we are not making it easy on them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I was livid when we switched from a PBS to a zone scheme.  We had spent so much money and time building one of the best if not the best PBS lines in the league and then we threw it away.  There were quite a few mind boggling decisions made during this transition.  If Gruden can make it work then let's do it but for the past couple decades we spend cap and draft capital just to bring in new coaching that have different scheme philosophies.  We have a DC that runs a 3-4 zone scheme but that did not translate to wins after year two so lets bring in the DC that runs a 4-3 man heavy scheme.  Then we can all wonder why the FAs and draft picks from the previous regime suck.  Sometimes they do suck but we are not making it easy on them.

I hated how we’d get OLmen who for one scheme then change schemes.... then change again.... we wasted talent and money.  

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I hated how we’d get OLmen who for one scheme then change schemes.... then change again.... we wasted talent and money.  

We did it with our front seven, DBs, and O-line.  That is why when we hire a new coach or coordinator the first thing I look at is his preferred scheme.  Good teams put players in positions to succeed.  Part of that is consistency of scheme.  It does not have to be the same coaches every time.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We did it with our front seven, DBs, and O-line.  That is why when we hire a new coach or coordinator the first thing I look at is his preferred scheme.  Good teams put players in positions to succeed.  Part of that is consistency of scheme.  It does not have to be the same coaches every time.

Yeah you can’t build a roster when your changing scheme every year or two.  Thats why I’m happy to have Gruden for 10 years, hopefully, and Mayock longterm.  If Guenther doesn’t run a good defense he’s gone and someone with a similar scheme needs to replace him.  We have too much talent and capital invested in this scheme to switch up.

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah you can’t build a roster when your changing scheme every year or two.  Thats why I’m happy to have Gruden for 10 years, hopefully, and Mayock longterm.  If Guenther doesn’t run a good defense he’s gone and someone with a similar scheme needs to replace him.  We have too much talent and capital invested in this scheme to switch up.

That is why I asked in here if Marinelli ran a similar scheme to Guenther when he was hired.  I still am not sure we would have the correct personnel if we made him the DC.