Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We did it with our front seven, DBs, and O-line.  That is why when we hire a new coach or coordinator the first thing I look at is his preferred scheme.  Good teams put players in positions to succeed.  Part of that is consistency of scheme.  It does not have to be the same coaches every time.

Good coaches can adopt their scheme to get the best out of their best players. Works both ways. 

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

Good coaches can adopt their scheme to get the best out of their best players. Works both ways. 

True but even good coaches sometimes will not adapt and expect the players to change.  Some coaches are only capable of being good coaching a specific scheme also.  I could be wrong but Pagano seemed like a coach that adapted to the players we had and put them in a position to succeed.  That is why we went from a coach who the players liked but did not produce to a coach that had them playing above their talent level.  Guenther seems to be a coach that says this is my scheme and plan so you must adapt.  I hate hearing this is his Geno Atkins.  Do we have to be dependent on having a dominant 3T to be successful or should he be able to take the talent we have and create mismatches as they present themselves week to week?  I understand he likes having a dominant 3T but he should not be dependent on it.

19 hours ago, Jerry said:

Murray to Lynch was a downgrade IMO. The change in OL scheme messed us up IMO. Went from power to zone blocking and we looked terrible from what I can remember. I just want us to kick the Panthers in the face and take the league by storm.

In hindsight it was a bad move. At the time Raiders thought there were getting Seattle Lynch who as a borderline hall of famer.... 

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

In hindsight it was a bad move. At the time Raiders thought there were getting Seattle Lynch who as a borderline hall of famer.... 

i never thought lynch was the problem at all. i dont think lynch caused the Carr/Cooper/Crabtree connections to suffer

20 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i never thought lynch was the problem at all. i dont think lynch caused the Carr/Cooper/Crabtree connections to suffer

I think Lynch was a cancer in the locker room and was undermining Carr specifically.  He’s just not a dude who buys into the team mentality.