Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This is why I don't think we take Murray.  But who knows.  J. Gruden is impossible to trust after everything that happened with Mack and A. Cooper.

I wont consider DC's job safe until after the draft, and if he has a bad year this upcoming year, I'll expect to feel the same way going into next year's offseason.

Edited by Jerry

On 3/27/2019 at 9:39 AM, drfrey13 said:

It is more like, sorry another GOT reference, when the Hound sees fire.  He does not want to run away but also refuses to face his greatest fear.  I think shell shocked would be a better description but he needs to recognize this and deal with it.  He will not be a good leader and worth his contract until he does.

I like the reference and seeing what happened to his brother's career its probably also in the back of his mind. Derek makes a conscious effort to befriend his teammates where David seemed like he wasn't as close to his teammates. Unfortunately Derek will be a 30 million dollar QB if he gets back to 2016 level and I don't think ANY QB is worth 30 mil...If this was his contract year I'd probably draft a QB at #4 just knowing that next season it's 30 mil even if Franchised.

Maybe the line last year was trying to help him face his fears?!? xD O.o

EDIT: I feel the same as Jerry and I don't like that feeling personally.

Also love the stats on Hudson. Need more additions that work out like that.

Need to know who's in the draft with Drew Rosenhaus :ph34r:

Edited by G

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree, especially considering what we got Brown for.  A first for Cooper was highway robbery!

Was super surprised we got that much for him too. But at the end of the day I think the trade is going to be great for both sides. However I'd hate to have to pay him this off season. I have no clue how the Cowboys will survive with having to pay Dak, Coop, Zeke, Lawrence and others.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Was super surprised we got that much for him too. But at the end of the day I think the trade is going to be great for both sides. However I'd hate to have to pay him this off season. I have no clue how the Cowboys will survive with having to pay Dak, Coop, Zeke, Lawrence and others.

Exactly why the Raiders got rid of Mack and Cooper.  We have used that money to build much more balanced team.  I couldn't imagine how hamstrung we'd be if we had 75ish million of our cap tied up in Cooper, Mack and Carr.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly why the Raiders got rid of Mack and Cooper.  We have used that money to build much more balanced team.  I couldn't imagine how hamstrung we'd be if we had 75ish million of our cap tied up in Cooper, Mack and Carr.

Yea, unfortunately our "window" with that squad was 2016. Oh well, we're in a better direction to build properly now imo.