Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I do not want to say it but this is starting to look like an environment issue.  It could be the city, the team leadership, or pure dumb luck.  They should make the entire team go visit Ruggs.  Scared Straight Raider edition.

Nah, it's a personal inability to control impulse issue. 

Crosby and Waller haven't had problems. 

Hobbs had character questions coming out. Arnette too. Jacobs probably did that just went unnoticed because he played at Bama. Ruggs too. No way he was a model citizen beforehand. 

I hate to say it, because it negates a guy like Crosby or Waller that turns their life around, but we need to just stop with taking guys with character concerns period. It's clear as day we overlook it in favor of talent, and that's all well and good until it's not. 

For every Waller or Crosby, there's about 5 or 6 total morons who just refuse to grow TF up. And I say screw them. They don't deserve to make NFL money of they're that stupid. Let their inevitable league suspensions/banishments be someone else's problem. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Leadership. Rich is so soft. If you didn't drill it into the players heads that driving drunk will ruin your life, you're not a good enough leader. I would have lost my voice yelling at the guys in the locker room after the ruggs situation.

Course you would.

More chance you would have lost your voice shouting ‘we suck’ and ‘xxxx this team’ ? 

But you think you can criticise Bisaccias leadership smh. 

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Thank goodness he was not doing 150 on city streets but that is still stupid. Take the keys out of the ignition and go to sleep in the back seat.  I had a buddy get a DUI once for sitting in his car at a party.  I knew he had no intention of driving but good luck telling the cops.  

Even keys out of the ignition and sleeping in the backseat is a DUI. Kind of a dumb rule to be honest. Parked but with the car on, I can understand a DUI. 

Just now, Dessie said:

Course you would.

More chance you would have lost your voice shouting ‘we suck’ and ‘xxxx this team’ ? 

But you think you can criticise Bisaccias leadership smh. 

Considering I am a physician in training and have had friends killed by DUI, I think I have a right to criticize a guy who has players committing life-endangering crimes, yes.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nah, it's a personal inability to control impulse issue. 

Crosby and Waller haven't had problems. 

Hobbs had character questions coming out. Arnette too. Jacobs probably did that just went unnoticed because he played at Bama. Ruggs too. No way he was a model citizen beforehand. 

I hate to say it, because it negates a guy like Crosby or Waller that turns their life around, but we need to just stop with taking guys with character concerns period. It's clear as day we overlook it in favor of talent, and that's all well and good until it's not. 

For every Waller or Crosby, there's about 5 or 6 total morons who just refuse to grow TF up. And I say screw them. They don't deserve to make NFL money of they're that stupid. Let their inevitable league suspensions/banishments be someone else's problem. 

The thing is you had to have played with people like this to know how this is possible. You cant just chalk it up to like bad leadership. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Considering I am a physician in training and have had friends killed by DUI, I think I have a right to criticize a guy who has players committing life-endangering crimes, yes.

How is it Bisaccias fault ? You have no idea what Bisaccia has said or not said. 

Just now, Dessie said:

How is it Bisaccias fault ? You have no idea what Bisaccia has said or not said. 

When you have multiple guys in the locker room doing the same thing, I chalk it up to bad leadership. If one guys makes a mistake, you can say it's bad luck. When you have multiple guys doing it, it's a problem.

I'll give you an example from my work. Missing a pulmonary embolism is unacceptable. If you do, people will die. If a medical student misses one in the hospital, you can say it might be an honest mistake. If multiple students are missing it, it's more than likely a systemic issue (poor teaching, etc.)

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

These are grown as men tho. They get held accountable for their mistakes. Rich has a whole team to be responsible for. Can’t sacrifice the team for one player it never works. 

When you have multiple guys in the locker room doing the same thing, I chalk it up to bad leadership. If one guys makes a mistake, you can say it's bad luck. When you have multiple guys doing it, it's a problem.

I'll give you an example from my work. Missing a pulmonary embolism is unacceptable. If you do, people will die. If a medical student misses one in the hospital, you can say it might be an honest mistake. If multiple students are missing it, it's more than likely a systemic issue (poor teaching, etc.)

Like I said you have no idea what Bisaccia has said or hasn’t said. Somehow you equate Hobbs arrest to being Bisaccias fault. No idea what the rambling about your job has got to do with anything. 

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Like I said you have no idea what Bisaccia has said or hasn’t said. Somehow you equate Hobbs arrest to being Bisaccias fault. No idea what the rambling about your job has got to do with anything. 

I'm not saying it's 100% his fault. But do I think there's an issue if it's happening over and over again? Absolutely.

You're right I'm not in the locker room.

But Jacobs had a DUI last year. Ruggs this year. Hobbs now after Ruggs killed someone. You think this is a coincidence? You think it's being handled right? 

I'm not saying it's 100% his fault. But do I think there's an issue if it's happening over and over again? Absolutely.

You're right I'm not in the locker room.

But Jacobs had a DUI last year. Ruggs this year. Hobbs now after Ruggs killed someone. You think this is a coincidence? You think it's being handled right? 

Was Bisaccia in charge when Jacobs got his DUI ? What has that got to do with him ? 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

These are grown as men tho. They get held accountable for their mistakes. Rich has a whole team to be responsible for. Can’t sacrifice the team for one player it never works. 

Sure. It's defnitely Hobbs fault first and foremost. But there's more at play. Mark has a (supposed) 0 tolerance domestic violence policy. That's an organizational thing. Where is the response for a DUI. What have the staff/organization done to prevent this from happening more often?