Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, NickButera said:

I dunno. Other than Brady, who have the Patriots ever drafted that the rest of the league says "That guys the best at his position". I Honestly can't remember anyone. Seems to me they mostly draft players who fit their schemes but are mediocre once they leave. Correct me if I'm wrong though, my memory is failing me on their draft picks that were considered home runs. 

Gronk, Seymour, JC Jackson (UDFA)

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m starting to think Mark Davis is a total 100% moron, and not as good of a person the Raider fan base claims he is. 

Idk that Davis isn't a good guy at heart. 

That said, moron is probably apt. 

I have no proof of this, but I can totally see where a sense of infallibility could have arisen from the move of operations to Las Vegas. 

A lot of the execs that have left since we moved were people with a lot of time under their belts with the Raiders. Mark became the toast of the town seemingly overnight and the NFL has to be happy with him in retrospect for getting Vegas, given the money being brought in. 

How many times have we seen scenarios like that play out, where someone got too big for their britches when things started going well for them in a business sense?

Davis isn't a business mind. He's a figurehead. We all know this. But now he's a figurehead with a growing fortune, shiny new stadium, and a bunch of people who previously didn't care much about what he had to say now telling him how good of a boy he is. 

My gut says Davis has let that get to his head. Whether in a malicious way or just a naiive way, I bet a lot of people's work and voices started to get overlooked when everything started going upwards.

"Who is this....um....director of strategic advertisement outreach and why are they complaining? And what even IS that?" type of mentality.

It's a bit like a big law firm. The secretaries, paralegals, clerks, associate attorneys, etc. often do so much of the leg work and heavy lifting for a case. But some big wig gets to follow the script, advocate the case, and then poof, overnight celebrity all by themselves while making unrealistic demands of all the people who really pushed to get them there in the first place. Next thing you know, that newly minted partner or whatever is willing to let someone that's "just a law clerk" go, despite that clerk being the lead ghost writer on every brief and motion that went into the case without even knowing that's who they're letting go/losing over something that could've been an easy fix if egos weren't allowed to run wild. 

Anyways, point is, I can totally envision that type of mentality being the case behind closed doors right now.

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Idk that Davis isn't a good guy at heart. 

That said, moron is probably apt. 

I have no proof of this, but I can totally see where a sense of infallibility could have arisen from the move of operations to Las Vegas. 

A lot of the execs that have left since we moved were people with a lot of time under their belts with the Raiders. Mark became the toast of the town seemingly overnight and the NFL has to be happy with him in retrospect for getting Vegas, given the money being brought in. 

How many times have we seen scenarios like that play out, where someone got too big for their britches when things started going well for them in a business sense?

Davis isn't a business mind. He's a figurehead. We all know this. But now he's a figurehead with a growing fortune, shiny new stadium, and a bunch of people who previously didn't care much about what he had to say now telling him how good of a boy he is. 

My gut says Davis has let that get to his head. Whether in a malicious way or just a naiive way, I bet a lot of people's work and voices started to get overlooked when everything started going upwards.

"Who is this....um....director of strategic advertisement outreach and why are they complaining? And what even IS that?" type of mentality.

It's a bit like a big law firm. The secretaries, paralegals, clerks, associate attorneys, etc. often do so much of the leg work and heavy lifting for a case. But some big wig gets to follow the script, advocate the case, and then poof, overnight celebrity all by themselves while making unrealistic demands of all the people who really pushed to get them there in the first place. Next thing you know, that newly minted partner or whatever is willing to let someone that's "just a law clerk" go, despite that clerk being the lead ghost writer on every brief and motion that went into the case without even knowing that's who they're letting go/losing over something that could've been an easy fix if egos weren't allowed to run wild. 

Anyways, point is, I can totally envision that type of mentality being the case behind closed doors right now.

Or they just didn't like that he said he would welcome Kaepernick.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Or they just didn't like that he said he would welcome Kaepernick.

There has been executives leaving way before he made that statement though. It's ok to have blind faith. But business restructure plus allegations of wrong doing shouldn't be taken lightly. Commanders fans was saying things like "they are just disgruntled employees going to the press" a few years ago. Come to find out the organization was a crap show.  When it's this many executives being removed and resigning, something is going on. It could be mark getting the old guard out, it can be people sick of his crap, or it can be people distancing themselves before the mess hits the fan. Who knows. 

23 hours ago, dante9876 said:

There has been executives leaving way before he made that statement though. It's ok to have blind faith. But business restructure plus allegations of wrong doing shouldn't be taken lightly. Commanders fans was saying things like "they are just disgruntled employees going to the press" a few years ago. Come to find out the organization was a crap show.  When it's this many executives being removed and resigning, something is going on. It could be mark getting the old guard out, it can be people sick of his crap, or it can be people distancing themselves before the mess hits the fan. Who knows. 

President Marc Badain, controller Araxie Grant and CFO Ed Villanueva have all departed the organization and, according to Front Office Sports, left due to “significant financial irregularities that allegedly stretched back more than a decade.”

On 5/6/2022 at 8:58 PM, BayRaider said:

No where close to the first executive to resign or get fired in under a year, which is far from normal. Most of these jobs are kept for a longggg time and do not change upon new GM, HC, etc. 

Well it appears that most of the front office was involved in a money embezzlement scheme for over a decade, that's why a lot of top executives resigned last offseason. I don't think Mark ever planned to retain the president that just resigned but needed someone in place during such a big off-season with the coaching change, draft in Vegas, etc. 

On 5/7/2022 at 4:57 AM, ronjon1990 said:

I agree with all of this, I think the front office took advantage of the fact that Mark was naive, especially with day to day operations, which is how they were able to embezzle money for a decade. There wasn't really a huge spotlight on the team in Oakland but now the team is under a microscope being in a new market with a state of the art stadium, not to mention all of the off field issues we've had lately. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Rumor going around that the Raiders will open with the Pats on prime time so we’ll see 

Don’t love the thought of going up against BB with months to prepare, if I’m being honest. 

The NY times amd sports illustrated articles look really bad. Looks like Mark just wasn't paying attention to anything and let the old guard just get over. The biggest thing now is people trying to figure out how much Mark knew abd didn't know. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

The NY times amd sports illustrated articles look really bad. Looks like Mark just wasn't paying attention to anything and let the old guard just get over. The biggest thing now is people trying to figure out how much Mark knew abd didn't know. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mark didn't know much. He seems more hands off and naive enough to think it's all working. Sounds like soon once he shifted focus, heads began to roll.