Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

I just read that JJ unfollowed the Raiders on Insa...  They either back up the Brinks truck and give him a massive extension or else he won't play for us again and I don't blame him.  This team is a ******* joke and everyone knows it.  

So far this offseason has been another F grade.  They better have a massive talent influx via the draft or else JM is toast and will never sniff a HC position again. 

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I just read that JJ unfollowed the Raiders on Insa...  They either back up the Brinks truck and give him a massive extension or else he won't play for us again and I don't blame him.  This team is a ******* joke and everyone knows it.  

So far this offseason has been another F grade.  They better have a massive talent influx via the draft or else JM is toast and will never sniff a HC position again. 

Based on what other RB's are getting in free agency this is probably the worst year JJ could be negotiating an extension.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Based on what other RB's are getting in free agency this is probably the worst year JJ could be negotiating an extension.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that he wants to get paid top dollar on a multi year deal or he will hold out and demand a trade and I don't blame him.  He knows that JM will run his *** into the ground on a team that is complete joke.  I would the same if I was JJ.  If the Raiders don't budge and he is forced to suit up I would fully expect a season riddled with "soft tissue" injuries.  Zero chance that he is once again a workhorse on this team unless we pay him... 

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think it's pretty clear at this point that he wants to get paid top dollar on a multi year deal or he will hold out and demand a trade and I don't blame him.  He knows that JM will run his *** into the ground on a team that is complete joke.  I would the same if I was JJ.  If the Raiders don't budge and he is forced to suit up I would fully expect a season riddled with "soft tissue" injuries.  Zero chance that he is once again a workhorse on this team unless we pay him... 

RB's just aren't valued that highly right now though, even in the open market he probably was only going to get between 10-12M APY, which is what I'd offer him.

Just now, NYRaider said:

RB's just aren't valued that highly right now though, even in the open market he probably was only going to get between 10-12M APY, which is what I'd offer him.

I assure you that he wants more than that if he is going to get his teeth kicked in every Sunday.  I can see him taking a discount to play for a winner but it I was him I would make a **** team like the Raiders pay a premium.  Losing sucks and anyone with half a brain knows this team will be losing a lot of games next year.

I assure you that he wants more than that if he is going to get his teeth kicked in every Sunday.  I can see him taking a discount to play for a winner but it I was him I would make a **** team like the Raiders pay a premium.  Losing sucks and anyone with half a brain knows this team will be losing a lot of games next year.

He's going to be the 8th highest paid RB in the NFL next season. $12M APY would be like the 6th biggest contract at the position in the league. Anything more than that would be an overpay, Jacobs knows that JMD is capable of getting the best out of him and made him into an All-Pro.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He's going to be the 8th highest paid RB in the NFL next season. $12M APY would be like the 6th biggest contract at the position in the league. Anything more than that would be an overpay, Jacobs knows that JMD is capable of getting the best out of him and made him into an All-Pro.

He knows that JM is a joke and is dismantling the team with no plan in place.  We lose Carr and Waller and incur a 6M cap hit and only receive a 3rd round pick LOL This has been an F grade offseason and everyone without homer glasses on knows it.  

He knows that JM is a joke and is dismantling the team with no plan in place.  We lose Carr and Waller and incur a 6M cap hit and only receive a 3rd round pick LOL This has been an F grade offseason and everyone without homer glasses on knows it.  

Jacobs had the best year of his career by far playing in McDaniels scheme. Are you forgetting that we also signed Jimmy G and Jakobi Meyers? We're set to have one of the best offenses in the league again next year.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jacobs had the best year of his career by far playing in McDaniels scheme. Are you forgetting that we also signed Jimmy G and Jakobi Meyers? We're set to have one of the best offenses in the league again next year.

IMO Jimmy G is a downgrade from Carr and Meyers net positive is absorbed by the loss of Waller imo.

Jacobs is clearly pist. And the team in general just doesn't have a cohesive feel. Has the feeling of players walking around on pins and needles. Between Carr's depareture, Adams' constant frustration, Jacobs public displeasure, and Waller's careless attitude last year it screams to me that JMD has already lost the locker room. Winning is the only thing that'll make it go away but he's not making the moves necessary to win in FA.

I'll give him till the draft but he needs a homerun draft at this point. If not, its gonna be a long ugly season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

IMO Jimmy G is a downgrade from Carr and Meyers net positive is absorbed by the loss of Waller imo.

Jacobs is clearly pist. And the team in general just doesn't have a cohesive feel. Has the feeling of players walking around on pins and needles. Between Carr's depareture, Adams' constant frustration, Jacobs public displeasure, and Waller's careless attitude last year it screams to me that JMD has already lost the locker room. Winning is the only thing that'll make it go away but he's not making the moves necessary to win in FA.

I'll give him till the draft but he needs a homerun draft at this point. If not, its gonna be a long ugly season.

I think Jimmy / Carr is a push but I'd lean toward Jimmy because of his leadership, familiarity with the system, and cap hit.

Darren Waller has been a shell of himself the last two seasons while Meyers is an emerging young WR.

Not sure what Jacobs is mad about, RB's simply aren't getting paid this off-season.