Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Who says we are? The report was teams were calling the Raiders were listening, so nobody offered enough especially with how perfect a fit he is for this offense.

Hondo has implied that we're shopping him and he's probably going to be moved. 

Would anybody trade Renfrow and a 5th for Hopkins? DA, Hopkins out wide, Meyers in the slot. Howard, Hooper (maybe) and a rookie TE.. Jacobs and Zeus as the 1-2 punch. Hopkins willing to rework his contract as well apparently to facilitate a trade. 

12 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

Would anybody trade Renfrow and a 5th for Hopkins? DA, Hopkins out wide, Meyers in the slot. Howard, Hooper (maybe) and a rookie TE.. Jacobs and Zeus as the 1-2 punch. Hopkins willing to rework his contract as well apparently to facilitate a trade. 

I'm not sure that the Cardinals would be interested in taking back another high priced WR. It sounds like they're more so interested in acquiring more draft capital. I'd do it in a vacuum but we have much bigger needs than WR. 

34 minutes ago, NickButera said:

He's said a couple.times we aren't shopping him, just that everyone has been calling about him. Semantics, but still.

https://twitter.com/HondoCarpenter/status/1638259545729568769 

He goes back and forth. Sounds like it's similar to Waller, the team wants to give the impression that he's apart of our plan so that we don't kill his trade value.

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He goes back and forth. Sounds like it's similar to Waller, the team wants to give the impression that he's apart of our plan so that we don't kill his trade value.

Sounds pretty straightforward they got calls maybe nobody offered enough so he didn't get traded so far. 

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

No it doesn't but that's not what you said.

Yeah that was my mistake, we're apparently not shopping him, but Hondo is still hinting at the possibility he gets traded. 

Saying that we're listening to calls / offers also basically implies that we're shopping him. I'm assuming they asked him not to spill the beans and lower his trade value after the Carr fiasco. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah that was my mistake, we're apparently not shopping him, but Hondo is still hinting at the possibility he gets traded. 

Saying that we're listening to calls / offers also basically implies that we're shopping him. I'm assuming they asked him not to spill the beans and lower his trade value after the Carr fiasco. 

That's strictly your own interpretation.