Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I think some here have said less critical things about DZ then, doesnt see the whole picture . . . and get called haters lol

Why would MD say that lmao.
yes there is a learning curve when you hire someone whos never done something before. 

Seems like he is in relax mode after the wnba chip. Mark isn’t tripping off no raiders lol. He literally gave the keys to a ex guidance counselor. Out of all the guys available 

• Like 1

I think MD was referring to DZ’s counterparts across the league in that quote. It’s well known that John Carrol has been somewhat of a pipeline to the league putting out lots of coaches and executives. DZ could be getting advice from other JC alumni, ie: more tenured executives like Caserio, possibly Talesco, which would make sense when talking about the competitiveness. I could be wrong though. 

On 3/27/2023 at 6:03 PM, Nightmare said:

I actually think that’s great value on the unders for us. I don’t think we’re a 4 win team unless Jimmy G misses a bunch of time, but I do think it’s plausible that he does get injured and if you factor in his injury history along all the other uncertainties with the roster then that’s a good value bet.

As you mentioned, the question of the season will be how many games does Jimmy G play in next season.  
In the 5 years he was the starter (excluding the season he was traded for mid-season) in SF he started/played in: 3, 16, 5, 15, 10/11 games…. Playing in 50 of 97 possible games , 51.5%.

He’s had 2 years (out of 5) that he was able to stay “healthy”.  first year he tore his acl in week 3.  He comes back and plays in every game the next year.  Then he plays in 6 games and hurts his ankle, which ends his season.  He comes back and plays in 15 games. Last year he played in 11 games before a LisFrack foot injury, ending his season.

I really hope he does stay healthy this year but I am severely concerned about his willingness and desire to play thru minor injuries.  I’m not taking ACL tests, my concern is him playing when just banged up a bit.  Watch the video at end.

Jimmy G’s contract gives him 2 years with guaranteed money, if he has a minor injury will he play thru it or miss a games?

I think we HAVE to bring in a QB2 that can at very least put pressure on Jimmy G so he feels the pressure to play if banged up.  That could be drafting a QB of the Future in rounds 1-2 OR a veteran backup.  

The worst scenario would be Jimmy G gets hurt mid-season and we end up drafting somewhere in the 5-14 range…. Meaning we don’t get a top QB in the draft but also essentially waste the year because we only have a half season to see the team progress.  

Edited by jimkelly02

20 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I really wish we would trade for Matt Corral. He could be a sneaky good young starting QB. Worst case he is a solid QB2 behind an injury prone QB1. Corral is the odd man out in Carolina

I’d trade for Corral just to be QB2.  Cheap contract with upside, low cost of acquisition.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

One coach for every win in McDaniels career best season as a HC. 

If we add one more, we'll have a coach for every game McDaniels has won in his last two years as a HC. 

We now have two more ex Pats on the coaching staff than McDaniels has wins as the Raiders HC. 

We have more ex Pats on the coaching staff than we have LBs. 

We have more ex Pats on the coaching staff than Jimmy G had wins last year. 

We now have more ex Pats on the coaching staff than Jakobi Meyers had receiving TDs last year. 

We now have 2 more ex Pats on the coaching staff than we had blown double digit leads last year. 

We now have more ex Pats on the coaching staff than we have returning starters on defense. 

We now have as many ex Pats on the coaching staff as we have returning starters on offense (for now). 

#theexpatway

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 8:43 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Seems like he is in relax mode after the wnba chip. Mark isn’t tripping off no raiders lol. He literally gave the keys to a ex guidance counselor. Out of all the guys available 

Marks probably running around town telling everyone about his wnba championship that will listen…  trying to pick up ShowGirls in the process.

Mark’s championship, that he got from paying players under the table, reminds me of the local mobster Jimmy Gilante buying child son’s Danbury Thrashers United Hockey League title… they did a Netflix special about the team.