Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

One thing that stuck out to me is if McD really believes he can make a star out of a high school QB, then why are we contemplating using such a high draft pick on one?

I’m all for letting JMD live or die by that… he got his guy in Jimmy G so now he better perform.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m all for letting JMD live or die by that… he got his guy in Jimmy G so now he better perform.

Til Jimmy goes down week 7 and old man Hoyer does his thing. 

Then everyone will say Josh deserves another chance because of it. 

To be fair, Hoyer has about as much talent as a high school senior at this point though so we should be a-ok, right? 

Edited by ronjon1990

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Til Jimmy goes down week 7 and old man Hoyer does his thing. 

Then everyone will say Josh deserves another chance because of it. 

To be fair, Hoyer has about as much talent as a high school senior at this point though so we should be a-ok, right? 

Yeah no… calling it now… Jimmy G has another injury plagued season and there’s no re-do’s, there’s no talking about the good he did in the games before injury…. There’s nothing allowed but accepting he can’t finish a season and He’s gone… and most likely JMD with him.

49 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah no… calling it now… Jimmy G has another injury plagued season and there’s no re-do’s, there’s no talking about the good he did in the games before injury…. There’s nothing allowed but accepting he can’t finish a season and He’s gone… and most likely JMD with him.

Unless the rookie he decides to groom steps in and plays well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Unless the rookie he decides to groom steps in and plays well.

I can’t wait for us to not draft a QB in round 1+2 … 

it’s going to be Hoyer trying to act as our savior or some mid round bum… I’m calling it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I can’t wait for us to not draft a QB in round 1+2 … 

it’s going to be Hoyer trying to act as our savior or some mid round bum… I’m calling it.

We probably won't draft a QB that early, doesn't mean one later who they really like  couldn't show some promise and they just decide to play him if Jimmy goes down. Skip Hoyer completely.

In fact I got a new QB crush wouldn't be shocked if JMD drafts him 4th round.

Edited by raidr4life

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

We probably won't draft a QB that early, doesn't mean one later who they really like  couldn't show some promise and they just decide to play him if Jimmy goes down. Skip Hoyer completely.

Care to share?  I wouldn’t mind drafting a QB in the mid rounds…. I know I’m being picking but I wouldn’t at 109… only cuz there’s always guys who fall to the top of the 4th.  But I’d trade up into the 4th with some of those extra late round picks.  

I just don’t want to put a massive investment into a QB when we have a HC who I don’t think will be here for the development.  If creates a situation where the QB can’t develop fully and the new coach is either tied to a QB they don’t want or we have to get another QB.

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Care to share?  I wouldn’t mind drafting a QB in the mid rounds…. I know I’m being picking but I wouldn’t at 109… only cuz there’s always guys who fall to the top of the 4th.  But I’d trade up into the 4th with some of those extra late round picks.  

I just don’t want to put a massive investment into a QB when we have a HC who I don’t think will be here for the development.  If creates a situation where the QB can’t develop fully and the new coach is either tied to a QB they don’t want or we have to get another QB.

This regime has atleast 2 more years.

Clayton Tune 

Really liking what I see.

Edited by raidr4life

17 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don't think Jimmy G makes it through the year and I also don't think he plays well when he is on the field.  The main reason I don't think he plays well is because our D will once again be horrendous and this will be the first time Jimmy has consistently had to play with a negative game script in his career.  He only has played QB with a top 10 D which is completely different than having to play QB with a D that gives up 27+ per game.  Playing the Qb position when having to abandon the run game and play catch up is vastly different than playing QB while holding a lead or playing in a close game which is all he knew while laying in SF and NE.  Jimmy does have have the skillset to play catchup or win in shootouts.  

The reason I think he doesn't last the year is because he is proven to be fragile and with what I stated above opposing D's will be pinning their ears back quite often this year and sending the heat with no threat of the run.  Combine all of this with a porous Oline and you have a recipe for disaster which is fully what I expect.  Jimmy G will be a sitting duck back there and will be pummeled into the blue tent. 

No excuses, JM got his boy and when this occurs he has to take full responsibility for the situation. 

20 hours ago, raidr4life said:

UCLA??