Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

"Tom only knew the McDaniels way"? 

Bull****. Calling hardcore bull**** right there. Tom didn't grow up in that particular system as a rookie. He spent time with plenty of others. 

One has been successful without the other. The other has not. Tells me that's bull****. Josh clearly thinks he's a genius and just wants a robot to run a system that has never been particularly successful without Tom mf'n Brady. 

"Just run the play"? 

Yeah, Buster hasn't learned squat. This dude was so blatantly gifted Tom Brady that he's willing to blow smoke up his own ***. His arrogance knows no bounds. 

I cannot wait for the McNightmare to be over with and this tool to be shown the door. That people walk away from that article feeling anything other than like Davis is a bumbling fool, Zeigler is a good guy in over his head, and McDaniels is an egomaniacal fraud simply riding the last bit of Tom Brady's success before it's no longer fresh on people's minds is beyond me. It's Denver all over again. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't say only Tom has been successful in it... Cassel and Mac Jones had solid seasons, a 10-7 team and 11-5 team. Outside of NE though, his system has sucked. Two years in Den, one in STL, and one in LV and he hasn't made it work off the Patriots.

23 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Shhh. It polishes the knobs of Dave and Buster. That's what counts. Context be absolutely damned. Real-time results be damned. Logic and reason be damned. 

The Pat Graham Respectometer is at max capacity with that article. That's the only thing that counts. 

I commented on this Article earlier today in another thread when I was questing BP’s praise of Hondo Carpenter.

Talk about a one sided retelling of events.  Carpenter is acting more of a propagandist for JMD and Zeigler then a reporter.  How many times can he say JMD was instilling accountability for everyone yet totally ignore JMD’s total lack of accountability for mistakes he made?  Theres this whole duality of Carr vs JMD and Carpenter portrays JMD as this perfect leader and Carr as the problem for numerous reasons.  But Really JMD is the total opposite of a leader, see his time in Denver and experience in Indy, and those errors repeating themselves already in LV.  JMD is a tyrant who is the insecure one… has a history of bashing any player or owner he was opposition with in the media, often thru leaks, (Cutler, Irsay, Waller, Carr)… JMD seems autistic with his ability to connect with players on a meaningful level.  That and his his god complex…. Cursing and belittling players in open meetings but can’t handle himself being accountable or criticized, see his reaction to the horrid player evals.  

How is this anything other than a writer selling out for future Access and leaks?  
And how can anyone take those “anonymous player” quotes seriously.  They’re all perfect quotes that fit the story perfectly.  it reminds me of The Wire… Carpenter is Scott Templeton, lol. 

Tell me Scott Templeton isn’t Hondo Carpenter…..

“you ever notice the guys who do that… the Blair’s, The Glass’s, the Kelly’s, they always start with something small, just a little quote they clean up, then it’s a whole antidote, and pretty soon their seeing some amazing ****.  There the lucky ones who just Happen to be standing on the right street corner in Tel-Aviv when the pizza joint blows up and a human head rolls down the street with the eyes still blinking! ….. it always starts with something true!”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

"Tom only knew the McDaniels way"? 

Bull****. Calling hardcore bull**** right there. Tom didn't grow up in that particular system as a rookie. He spent time with plenty of others. 

One has been successful without the other. The other has not. Tells me that's bull****. Josh clearly thinks he's a genius and just wants a robot to run a system that has never been particularly successful without Tom mf'n Brady. 

"Just run the play"? 

Yeah, Buster hasn't learned squat. This dude was so blatantly gifted Tom Brady that he's willing to blow smoke up his own ***. His arrogance knows no bounds. 

I cannot wait for the McNightmare to be over with and this tool to be shown the door. That people walk away from that article feeling anything other than like Davis is a bumbling fool, Zeigler is a good guy in over his head, and McDaniels is an egomaniacal fraud simply riding the last bit of Tom Brady's success before it's no longer fresh on people's minds is beyond me. It's Denver all over again. 

Imagine being such a arrogant tool (who has no right to be arrogant because you’ve only been associated with success as a result of Bill Belicheck and Tom Brady’s greatness and not just failed miserably on your own, been made a fool of your self and failed when on your own in Denver and the Indy nightmare incident) that when your take over a playoff team that made major improvements in the off-season you run the team into the ground…. And when the players take a questionnaire to evaluate you and your staff you score at the bottom of the league..:: and your give an arrogant response where you blame some players and don’t care.

JMD is an egostical autistic.  He thinks his perfect plan will win the game, but doesn’t realize that the players have to carry it out and have to want to put it all on the line for the coach and go to war with him.  He’s the exact opposite of Rich Bisaccia.  He’s lived in this bubble of Belicheck’s success, aka “The PATRIOT WAY” so long he’s incapable of operating in the real world.  He’s not the first coach to leave NE, export the Patriot Way, and fail miserable.  What‘s the thing that doesn’t come with ex-Pat assistant coaches turned HC’s?  they can’t bring Belicheck with them.  Bill understands the military way of breaking down then building up, tough yet fair and for those that have earned it: personable and caring.  JMD missed that lesson

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

You are predictable, that's for sure. 

I didn’t realize the Patriot Way was a cult.  
Imagine defending something so religiously when it’s failed every time in the past (numerous HCs with far better traits) and this time it’s with THE most unlikeable HC outside of maybe Urban Meyer in years.

Again…. I’d love to hear why Hondo Carpenter isn’t The Wire’s version of Scott Templeton, because the similarities are , and holarious, to me.

He wrote an article detailing the his “multiple month investigation” into the breakdown of the relationship of Carr and JMD, Yet praised JMD… found no issues with him.  A quality writer would detail both sides.  Instead Hondo started with taking a side and supporting it vigorously.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 3:48 PM, big_palooka said:

I'm not even a fan of the Patriot way. Not a fan of JMD even. All I've ever said is he deserves a chance to do the job he was hired to do.

YOU and select others like to paint this narrative because I say let's exercise some patience while they instal their vision of things. I said let's stop judging the DC when he has little to no talent year over year and you lost your mind calling me a Graham something or other...

I've literally said I'm 90% sure it will be a bust. But you're not commenting on that stuff are you? 

Educate yourself

You were backing up the front office and their ineptitude in regards to the Carr situation which is downright laughable.  You refused to admit the move was complete incompetence which is when I knew, without question, you were a total Raider shill that can't admit that the grade for handeling that situation was an F.

Regardless of your flawed opinion regarding Carr, he was an asset to this franchise.  They gave him a new contract last offseason, paid him more money than he would have made on the original contract and included a NTC.  They bench him and then are forced to release him with no compensation and incur a 6M cap hit this upcoming season for being so inept.  

That whole situation and how it was handled should give the biggest JM/DZ homers major cause for concern.  That whole situation was completely avoidable, unacceptable and a major factor as to why we had so much cap room this offseason and have nothing to show for it other than a bunch of backups that will be forced into starting roles.  

You know what all of this equates to?  4ish wins this year, just like I have been saying for months.  Then you can tie your hopes and dreams into the next regime that comes in and ****s the bed just like every regime over the last 20+ years has done...  Rinse and repeat. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b3nvgkdgpqwabj35ujb

This did not disappoint.... I love it when predictable things are predictable. 

Tell me this why was rich so successful compared to jmd with this roster minus adams?

cause i almost forgot about the rich dynamic before the article you posted.  Rich even got more out of leatherwood than jmd got outa bars

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You know what all of this equates to?  4ish wins this year, just like I have been saying for months.  Then you can tie your hopes and dreams into the next regime that comes in and ****s the bed just like every regime over the last 20+ years has done...  Rinse and repeat. 

I’m not excusing JMD and Zeigler’s (I’m still optimistic about him- yes he’s made mistakes but I think he’s got the humility to improve… something JMD lacks), but I’ve got to question the leadership at the very top.  I think a Large chuck of the fault had to fall with Mark Davis.  He handed over control to two college friends that have worked together and promoted each other’s success for years… with JMD the HC helping Zeigler’s professional growth more then vice versa.

Davis messed up the dynamics of the relationship… he group interviewed them and others duos and hired them as a combo.  That established from the start that the GM isn’t #1 and the HC #2.  He did the same thing with Mayock and we all know how that went.  There’s a reason why all other teams set things up a certain way.

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Tell me this why was rich so successful compared to jmd with this roster minus adams?

cause i almost forgot about the rich dynamic before the article you posted.  Rich even got more out of leatherwood than jmd got outa bars

It’s simple…. rich inspired the players, they saw him as a leader.  They would play hurt, risk it all for him.  That’s not my opinion, that’s a summary of multiple player quotes….. and ones that were on record.

And I wasn’t for hiring Rich because I was afraid he’s only been a ST coach…. Boy was I mistaken.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s simple…. rich inspired the players, they saw him as a leader.  They would play hurt, risk it all for him.  That’s not my opinion, that’s a summary of multiple player quotes….. and ones that were on record.

And I wasn’t for hiring Rich because I was afraid he’s only been a ST coach…. Boy was I mistaken.

Rich was a great asset, at least as an assistant and interim guy. I can't necessarily fault anyone having reservations about keeping him as the HC though. 

Where the Raiders f'd up was choosing the most polar opposite they could find, with a history of nepotism and failure when given his own free reign, coupling him with his college bro, and pretending it was a good idea all along. 

I'd rather see McDaniels be successful- it means that we're winning. But nothing he has done says that's on the horizon. Some people want to lap up every slightly positive nugget related to the guy as if it at all counterbalances the overwhelming negatives. That's just gotten nauseating. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

One thing that stuck out to me is if McD really believes he can make a star out of a high school QB, then why are we contemplating using such a high draft pick on one?

In before BP passes it off as coachspeak and defends it with "Well they did technically play QB in high school so he wasn't lying."

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Rich was a great asset, at least as an assistant and interim guy. I can't necessarily fault anyone having reservations about keeping him as the HC though. 

Where the Raiders f'd up was choosing the most polar opposite they could find, with a history of nepotism and failure when given his own free reign, coupling him with his college bro, and pretending it was a good idea all along. 

I'd rather see McDaniels be successful- it means that we're winning. But nothing he has done says that's on the horizon. Some people want to lap up every slightly positive nugget related to the guy as if it at all counterbalances the overwhelming negatives. That's just gotten nauseating. 

Yea winning will fix all this but we gotta start winning sometime soon.