Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I think the weirdest part would be, Zeigler and Co. Spent all this money to lock up Carr, Waller, Renfrow and now all 3 of them are gone after a year of these new contracts? What does that tell any player that wants to stay here or take a contract extension? Also what does that say about this new offices judgement? It blows like the wind and has no commitment to their decisions or plan.

They're still unsure if they're trying to rebuild or be competitive. JMD's lack of commitment to players is definitely a major turnoff for free agents, IMO.

We signed Carr, Waller, and Renfrow to big deals and then immediately looked to move on. But declined JJ's option and that put us in a weird spot with him.

Ziegler is in over his head, I've been saying it.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we trade Renfrow we should sign OBJ 🤣

Are we able to get out of Renfrow's entire contract with a trade?  That would be worth considering...  

Primary concern would be whether or not OBJ could stay healthy though.  Dude seems to be made of glass and silly puddy.

Just now, Jerry said:

Are we able to get out of Renfrow's entire contract with a trade?  That would be worth considering...  

Primary concern would be whether or not OBJ could stay healthy though.  Dude seems to be made of glass and silly puddy.

If it's post June 1st we'd only eat $1.8M in dead cap and would free up over $11M.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I think the weirdest part would be, Zeigler and Co. Spent all this money to lock up Carr, Waller, Renfrow and now all 3 of them are gone after a year of these new contracts? What does that tell any player that wants to stay here or take a contract extension? Also what does that say about this new offices judgement? It blows like the wind and has no commitment to their decisions or plan.

This is the main issue. On the face of it, there’s nothing wrong with moving on from Carr, or Waller, or Renfrow as an individual decision. You can justify that move for any of them.

What I can’t justify is giving all three of them an extension/pay rise, and then a year later two of them are gone and the third might follow. It’s… bizarre.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If it's post June 1st we'd only eat $1.8M in dead cap and would free up over $11M.

I remember reading online that someone offered him 4M per season.  Hopefully he'd be willing to take 10M from us.  Adams, OBJ, Meyers would be a legit top 3 WR corps.  Arguably a top 5 trio in the league to go with Josh Jacobs.  Just need OBJ to stay healthy.

15 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

This is the main issue. On the face of it, there’s nothing wrong with moving on from Carr, or Waller, or Renfrow as an individual decision. You can justify that move for any of them.

What I can’t justify is giving all three of them an extension/pay rise, and then a year later two of them are gone and the third might follow. It’s… bizarre.

It wasn't for no reason tho.

33 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I agree. They should have probably done all of this in their first year but that would have been tough to do with a team that just went to the playoffs.  

16 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Carr made sense. The others didn’t. If you can give me a good reason I will accept it, but you won’t be able to.

Extending Waller was risky as he is getting older and was coming off of an injury plagued year. They basically gave him the same terms as Carr. Here's an extension with limited GTD money, if you can play at an elite level, we have no issue paying you like an elite player. If you can't then we want to be able to move on.