Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Best case for the Raiders is the defense plays their *** off and Minschew turns in a gutsy, veteran performance. Maybe they can get 9 or 10 wins. Again, I think this is best case.

Worst case is we have QB and OC issues. Getsy has a lot of to prove and both QBs are limited. Its unfortunate but It could cause a 5ish type win season which would be disaster. Most media outlets will have the Raiders picking in the top 5 because of our QB room.

This team has a lot to prove, there is no doubt about it.  We have an unproven HC and OC, a below average QB room, unproven RB's, an unproven Oline outside of LT.  On the bright side we ahould have an improved Dline which should help our LB's and secondary but there is no doubt our secondary is lacking a #1 cb.  Jones is at best a #2 and Hobbs is a nickel corner. 

It should be an interesting year but I am not seeing a path to anything above 9 wins and that is if everything goes ideally.  This team needs a young stud Qb to make waves in the NFL.  I just hope we can land one soon or else we will be stuck in purgatory until we do...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How many wins do you see us getting this season?  My guess is around 7 which is an improvement over my prediction last season of 4 to 6 which was based off of a poor roster led by a terrible HC. Last years squad played better once JM was ousted but I am not sure that momentum will continue heading into this season.

This may be our strongest overall roster in the past 20 years but will ultimately be held back by poor QB play.  I am quite interested to see how the D preforms now that we have a legit interior push with the additions of Wilkins.  If we can somehow work a trade for a legit #1 CB (Alexander/Lattimore) before the season starts this unit could surprise a lot of people.  

I think this team is the most talented in terms of players and coaches we’ve had in a long time, atmosphere is good, mentality seems good. However, we do have a couple of positions which are major question marks and could be solid but could quite easily also be a real Achilles heel.

QB is the obvious one but I also think CB could be potential trouble. CB can swing both ways, if Jack Jones stays clean off the field and Hobbs is injury free we could potentially find one of the younger kids or a one year rental vet to take the other spot and be genuinely good, if Jones has issues, Hobbs gets nicked up and one of the youngsters don’t step up it could be a calamity.

Oline is also a position that could work out fine and we all wonder what we were worried about in the off season, or it could be very limiting to the offence. Miller is beyond question to me, think he’s a great player and JPJ should be good even as a rookie. James, Patham switching sides and Munford are all concerns for me. They might do well but I can equally see a world where all three struggle and JPJ has the usual rookie struggles, that could really limit us and affect the QBs badly.

Best case scenario I can see is 10 wins with a bit of good fortune, worst case is around 5 wins but I genuinely think we’re too talented to be really terrible. If I had to pick a record I’d probably go 8-9 and really competitive but ultimately missing the finesse at QB that wins the big ones when the chips are on the line, that could set us up nicely for a genuine run the following year with a QBoTF.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

On 6/22/2024 at 10:20 AM, Frankie2Gunz said:

How many wins do you see us getting this season?  My guess is around 7 which is an improvement over my prediction last season of 4 to 6 which was based off of a poor roster led by a terrible HC. Last years squad played better once JM was ousted but I am not sure that momentum will continue heading into this season.

This may be our strongest overall roster in the past 20 years but will ultimately be held back by poor QB play.  I am quite interested to see how the D preforms now that we have a legit interior push with the additions of Wilkins.  If we can somehow work a trade for a legit #1 CB (Alexander/Lattimore) before the season starts this unit could surprise a lot of people.  

I'm thinking 8 or 9 wins is probably our ceiling, barring some incredible luck. 

That said, I can see us also only truly being favored at gametime in like 5. 

I think this year is one about showing that our base is finally steady enough for a legitimate finishing touch and optimism going forward. 

We could go 5-12 and I can still be impressed. We could go 10-7 and I could be worried about a total implosion on the horizon.

We have some absolutely glaring holes at key positions like QB and maybe RB. We go 5-12 because we can't score but games stay relatively close, then we know what needs to be fixed. 

We sputter to a bunch of wins to 10-7 with luck but overall bad play like last year....we could have a problem. 

I'd take a competitive 5 win season, understanding the handicaps we're starting with, over a feel good 12 win season aided by Mahomes and Herbert both going down or something weird like that. Those seasons always give me vibes like when the Browns make the playoffs or something- they're never really.that good year to year, but they've had the off good season here or there when Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, or Baltimore dealt with a bad break injury or whatever. Then they get uber hyped as "on the rise" only to revert to a string of mediocre-bad years. 

• Like 2

On 6/22/2024 at 10:46 AM, Frankie2Gunz said:

This team has a lot to prove, there is no doubt about it.  We have an unproven HC and OC, a below average QB room, unproven RB's, an unproven Oline outside of LT.  On the bright side we ahould have an improved Dline which should help our LB's and secondary but there is no doubt our secondary is lacking a #1 cb.  Jones is at best a #2 and Hobbs is a nickel corner. 

It should be an interesting year but I am not seeing a path to anything above 9 wins and that is if everything goes ideally.  This team needs a young stud Qb to make waves in the NFL.  I just hope we can land one soon or else we will be stuck in purgatory until we do...

Dumpster fire 4 wins max, worst team in the league is what you actually said.

Spilling Spits GIF - Spilling Spits Water GIFs

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Dumpster fire 4 wins max, worst team in the league is what you actually said.

Spilling Spits GIF - Spilling Spits Water GIFs

I always said 4ish wins prior to the season as our roster was well below average led by a terrible HC in JM with your boy Jimmy G at the helm.  I still maintain that if we had Jimmy G starting all year and JM was the head coach this would have been a 4 to 6 win team just like I predicted.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I always said 4ish wins prior to the season as our roster was well below average led by a terrible HC in JM with your boy Jimmy G at the helm.  I still maintain that if we had Jimmy G starting all year and JM was the head coach this would have been a 4 to 6 win team just like I predicted.  

Instead, we got a bunch of meaningless rah rah wins and missed out QBs. 

They should have committed to AP early on, shut Maxx down and played for a QB. Going to be a long season on offense between the QBs and OC decisions here. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They should have committed to AP early on, shut Maxx down and played for a QB. Going to be a long season on offense between the QBs and OC decisions here. 

It's easy to say that as a fan and while I have been one of the biggest advocates for "tanking for draft picks" numerous times over the last 20 years in meaningless games and was lambasted for it.  The last one that comes to mind was the game against Zona in 2018 where had we lost we would have had the 2nd or 3rd pick.  I was arguing with numerous stooges on here that wanted to win because it would build morale blah blah...    Six years later, I was right as that win meant ZERO and losing would have meant Bosa or Q. Williams in the silver and black.  We won and added another bum to our long list of draft bums over the last 20 years.... 

The reality is that coaches reputations are on the line and so are millions of dollars where the difference between one win and one loss can sometimes cost a HC their job.  Tanking for a QB is easy to say as a fan but never happens over the length of a season in the NFL.  If it's late in the year and a clear cut franchise QB is coming out I can see a team taking a game or two if they are in last olace and out of the playoff hunt, however this is quite rare as you would have to have the owner, HC and GM all in on it and all having job security beyond that year. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

21 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think this year is one about showing that our base is finally steady enough for a legitimate finishing touch and optimism going forward. 

We could go 5-12 and I can still be impressed. We could go 10-7 and I could be worried about a total implosion on the horizon.

We have some absolutely glaring holes at key positions like QB and maybe RB. We go 5-12 because we can't score but games stay relatively close, then we know what needs to be fixed. 

We sputter to a bunch of wins to 10-7 with luck but overall bad play like last year....we could have a problem. 

I'd take a competitive 5 win season, understanding the handicaps we're starting with, over a feel good 12 win season aided by Mahomes and Herbert both going down or something weird like that. Those seasons always give me vibes like when the Browns make the playoffs or something- they're never really.that good year to year, but they've had the off good season here or there when Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, or Baltimore dealt with a bad break injury or whatever. Then they get uber hyped as "on the rise" only to revert to a string of mediocre-bad years. 

I only want this (the bold) to happen if we can secure our QBotF.  If Minshew or AOC put up 30 TDs this season, then I'm throwing caution into the wind and loving life in the moment.  But if we struggle to produce on offense (bottom 10 in the league; Less than 24 passing TDs), I hope we win 4 games and secure the #1 pick.

On 6/22/2024 at 1:30 PM, raidersedge said:

Best case for the Raiders is the defense plays their *** off and Minschew turns in a gutsy, veteran performance. Maybe they can get 9 or 10 wins. Again, I think this is best case.

Worst case is we have QB and OC issues. Getsy has a lot of to prove and both QBs are limited. Its unfortunate but It could cause a 5ish type win season which would be disaster. Most media outlets will have the Raiders picking in the top 5 because of our QB room.

If that lands us Carson Beck, Quinn Ewers, or a finally-puts-it-all-together Riley Leonard, that might be the best case scenario.

22 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wholeheartedly agree. This year is about making incremental steps I feel. Do we have a long term answer at CB or RT for example. Is AP a long term coach option?

If we finish the year with a poor record  but the team plays hard, several young players put their hands up and we learn that we have a few specific weaknesses that can be addressed then that could be considered a semi successful year. 

I need to see another good year or okay from the D to build on what they did last year. Was last year a fluke or the signs of a genuine renaissance? We need to know that we’ve turned a corner and it’s not a mirage.

If we finish the year snd we know point blank we need a QB, a CB and maybe a RB or RT etc. but the rest show they are solid that could be huge for sustained, long term success.

On 6/24/2024 at 4:44 PM, big_palooka said:

Or if jmd had marbles they trade waller then carr and we get at the least a first rounder and a 2nd to use towards a qb. Can’t blame the new coaches for wanting to win imo

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's easy to say that as a fan and while I have been one of the biggest advocates for "tanking for draft picks" numerous times over the last 20 years in meaningless games and was lambasted for it.  The last one that comes to mind was the game against Zona in 2018 where had we lost we would have had the 2nd or 3rd pick.  I was arguing with numerous stooges on here that wanted to win because it would build morale blah blah...    Six years later, I was right as that win meant ZERO and losing would have meant Bosa or Q. Williams in the silver and black.  We won and added another bum to our long list of draft bums over the last 20 years.... 

The reality is that coaches reputations are on the line and so are millions of dollars where the difference between one win and one loss can sometimes cost a HC their job.  Tanking for a QB is easy to say as a fan but never happens over the length of a season in the NFL.  If it's late in the year and a clear cut franchise QB is coming out I can see a team taking a game or two if they are in last olace and out of the playoff hunt, however this is quite rare as you would have to have the owner, HC and GM all in on it and all having job security beyond that year. 

Meh bosa and q hasn’t got their teams a ring yet either

On 6/22/2024 at 1:46 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

The offense should score points because of the WRs and TEs there are a mismatch for all teams.