OROY

pnies20

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The defenses you played in the 2nd half weren't as good as the first half but ignoring that based on yards per start he would have had under 2600 yards passing and 5 TD passes in 7 starts equals 11.5 TD passes so your math is wrong. Even with your inflated numbers he has less TDs than Baker in more games so.. whatever.I'm willing to let this play out and see how it goes for each team.

My numbers are higher on the passing side and lower on the rushing side. If you look at the numbers, you’ll see that based off of Lamar’s rushing averages during the 7 game span as a starter, extrapolating that over the full 16 games would equate to 1271 rushing yards, not 1100 rushing yards.

But just like the other rookie QBs seemingly started off the season with poorer passing numbers and then saw an uptic in their passing numbers as the season progressed (likely as they got more and more comfortable reading defenses and got in sync with their receivers). I assume that Lamar Jackson would also see similar progression as his peers as he’s already started to improve his passing ability since he first started.

I’m also operating under the premise that given a full season of rushing, Jackson would have to tone down his rushing workload in order to sustain himself. Perhaps small injuries creep in causing him to be more apt to rely on his arm. So all in all my statistical output has built in assumptions and doesn’t simply rely fully on statistical extrapolation over the entire season. Though I also tried being as “realistic” as possible in this scenario.

(I didn’t want to assume Jackson would somehow go for 3500 yards passing and 1500 yards rushing... because reasons. If that makes sense.)

EDIT: And in terms of the joke about him unanimously winning the OROY award. And then you saying Baker would have better stats... 

With Jackson finishing at 6-1 as the starter, if we extrapolate that winning percentage over the entire season, Jackson lifts the Ravens to 14-2 as the starter and achieves the top seed in the playoffs. His winning percentage, QB record for rushing yards, and similar yardage totals would thrust him unanimously above Mayfield’s 4300 passing yards, 31 TDs, and 8-8 record where they miss the playoffs. 🤓🤷‍♀️😜

39 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

he’s already started to improve his passing ability since he first started.

Really? Interesting.

42 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

With Jackson finishing at 6-1 as the starter, if we extrapolate that winning percentage over the entire season, Jackson lifts the Ravens to 14-2 as the starter and achieves the top seed in the playoffs. His winning percentage, QB record for rushing yards, and similar yardage totals would thrust him unanimously above Mayfield’s 4300 passing yards, 31 TDs, and 8-8 record where they miss the playoffs. 🤓🤷‍♀️😜

He'd also have more than 23 fumbles. A record!!!

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Really? Interesting.

He'd also have more than 23 fumbles. A record!!!

Only 9 fumbles lost though. 21 total TDs/16 total turnovers. 1300 rushing yards, 2550 passing yards. Rushing offense finishes with 3673 rushing yards shattering the single season record by the 1978 NE Patriots (3165 yds). 14-2 record over the 5th best strength of schedule in the league. I’ll take that resume for OROY for sure.

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Only 9 fumbles lost though. 21 total TDs/16 total turnovers. 1300 rushing yards, 2550 passing yards. Rushing offense finishes with 3673 rushing yards shattering the single season record by the 1978 NE Patriots (3165 yds). 14-2 record over the 5th best strength of schedule in the league. I’ll take that resume for OROY for sure.

Best part is you automatically assume he would have the same success or better each time vs the divisional teams. Jackson never went up against the Steelers and faced the Ravens Bengals and Browns once. Browns made nice adjustment in the 2nd half that limited the Ravens to 6 points and allowed the Browns to come back and have a chance to potentially steal the game. You don’t think by game 2 the division makes propet adjustments?

24 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Wait...discussing Lamar Jackson as a potential ROY is a joke right???

2 man race with Saquon and Baker.  Gimme Baker all day every day.  Plays the most important position in sports, and broke a record that was held by 2 studs.....and didn't play a full season.

Absolutely. Sarcasm to be most accurate.

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Best part is you automatically assume he would have the same success or better each time vs the divisional teams. Jackson never went up against the Steelers and faced the Ravens Bengals and Browns once. Browns made nice adjustment in the 2nd half that limited the Ravens to 6 points and allowed the Browns to come back and have a chance to potentially steal the game. You don’t think by game 2 the division makes propet adjustments?

My assumptions are no less unfounded as the assumptions that with Baker as the starter all season the Browns win their first two games and Baker puts up 4300 yards passing and 33 TDs.

My post is entirely sarcasm. The results are the results. Barkley put up over 2000 YFS and 15 TDs. Baker put up 3700 PYDs and 27 TDs. Based off of those statistics and each players comparison to his peers, I chose Barkley. I refuse to give Baker credit for stats that he hasn’t produced in those 2.5 games that he didn’t start. For all we know he starts the first game and tosses 4 picks vs the Steelers and gets benched for a few games following. Forcing him to fall short of the stat marks that he hit by seasons end.

48 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I refuse to give Baker credit for stats that he hasn’t produced in those 2.5 games that he didn’t start.

Nor should you.  I point out he only played 13.5 games to give perspective to his stats.  Unlike Wilson and Manning he didn’t get all 16, and that’s pretty clearly due to coaching imcompetence and not his abilities.

48 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

For all we know he starts the first game and tosses 4 picks vs the Steelers and gets benched for a few games following. Forcing him to fall short of the stat marks that he hit by seasons end.

It’s certainly possible, but based off what we’ve seen, not likely.

Archived