OROY

pnies20

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is where reading comprehension pays off, see below...

Other than the 7 he’s won, you’re right.

The same defense, OL and running game that won 3/40 games before he became the starter?

*actually one of those was Baker’s come from behind Thursday night win, so 2 games

I’ll highlight what I said to qualify things to make it easy.

And a link to make it easier.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2018/week-15-dvoa-ratings 

It’s 2 weeks old, but I’d imagine it’s close enough now to make my point.

* for those too lazy to click the link, it says since Hue was fired Baker’s passing DVOA is second on the league behind Mahomes*

If I look up your posts before the season or after you’re 0-1-1 start, were you saying that the 2018 Browns are no better than the 1-31 Browns?

Or are you lying through your teeth and hoping to get away with it?

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Yeah that 17th is only with playing. 13.5 games. If he started from day one, projects 4200+ yards 33TDs. Puts him borderline top10 in yards and top5/6 in TDs. 

Why does everyone think Baker started the season

Most of the quarterbacks on the list didn’t start the whole season. In YPG, he’s still 17th.

1 minute ago, patriotsheatyan said:

If I look up your posts before the season or after you’re 0-1-1 start, we’re you saying that the 2018 Browns are no better than the 1-31 Browns?

Or are you lying through your teeth and hoping to get away with it?

I thought their talent was better than their record the last two years, fo sho, but what does that prove? Fact is the won 3 games.

A fan thinks their team is better than their record?!?!?   CRAZY!!!!

21 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Oh awesome Browns had a rookie RB finished 996yadds on 5.2yard avg who only started 9 games. Chubb starts from day one, projects better than Barkley rushing wise, just saying...

Chubb is very good, but you can’t just ignore the receiving.

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Rookie receptions by a RB

I mean, they force fed him the ball. 90 catches and he had 700 yards and 4 TD’s. Is that elite??

Most games with 100 yfs by a rookie

That’s a good stat.

Barkley also led the NFL in YFS 

* only because others missed games (aka were held out)

6 minutes ago, Gmen said:

He’s also not winning games. He has a losing record on a team with good defense, offensive line, and running game. He’s still a loser.

Losing record? He went 7-7...

good defense? 21st in pts, 30th in yards, 25th in pass defense, 28th in rush defense, that good defense

good offensive line? Same OL that replaced its LT mid year and a OL that was made better because they had a good QB In baker. The OL sucked for Tyrod and browns were talking about wanting to replace both LT and RT this offseason before Baker and Kitchens took over.

Good rushing attack? Same one that ran for negative yards in the 2nd half vs the Ravens

8 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Chubb is very good, but you can’t just ignore the receiving.

I get that, but you also can’t ignore positional importance and the role both positions play in construction of a winning franchise over the long haul in favor of bulk stats.

The postions don’t carry an equal weighting.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get that, but you also can’t ignore positional importance and the role both positions play in construction of a winning franchise over the long haul in favor of bulk stats.

The postions don’t carry an equal weighting.

Is this in reference to Baker vs Saquon? QB is of course the more important position. It will come down to if the voters view the award as an MVP award or a stat award.

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Is this in reference to Baker vs Saquon? QB is of course the more important position. It will come down to if the voters view the award as an MVP award or a stat award.

It's an award that Winston won, with a record of 6-10.

I don't believe it is an MVP award at all

Archived