OROY

pnies20

Serious Q - when does the voting occur?    If it’s after week 17 recency bias will favor Barkley if he gets his 118 total yards - because it gets him 2k total yards and 12 100+ yard games.   Which puts him in very elite company.   Plus Mayfield plays the BAL D so less likely he plays nearly as well as vs. CIN.  

I get ppl want to point to the impact QB has but the reality is Baker played on a team with the most talent around him for the rookie QB class.  Still his success deserves recognition.  He’s clearly deserving to finish top 2-3.   But Barkley’s a generational talent on a terrible team with the 27th run OL by DVOA and Eli as his QB.  Pretty clear OROY to me.   Nothing wrong with being 2nd to a generational talent.    It’s the same reply to the Lindsay backers (who use the value argument - which is meaningless since the award isn’t best value rookie).    Finishing behind Barkley isn’t an insult by any means. 

25 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Serious Q - when does the voting occur?    If it’s after week 17 recency bias will favor Barkley if he gets his 118 total yards - because it gets him 2k total yards and 12 100+ yard games.   Which puts him in very elite company.   Plus Mayfield plays the BAL D so less likely he plays nearly as well as vs. CIN.  

I get ppl want to point to the impact QB has but the reality is Baker played on a team with the most talent around him for the rookie QB class.  Still his success deserves recognition.  He’s clearly deserving to finish top 2-3.   But Barkley’s a generational talent on a terrible team with the 27th run OL by DVOA and Eli as his QB.  Pretty clear OROY to me.   Nothing wrong with being 2nd to a generational talent.    It’s the same reply to the Lindsay backers (who use the value argument - which is meaningless since the award isn’t best value rookie).    Finishing behind Barkley isn’t an insult by any means. 

As a Browns fan I don't really care all that much. We got the Porsche we wanted for Christmas, who cares if we didn't get that pair of jeans we also asked for. I do think it will be close and wouldn't be surprised with either selection.

19 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Exactly. Let's be real. If the Browns actually won more then 1 game the past two seasons , he'd barely even be in the conversation.

Nothin like bein 3rd all time for rookie touch down passes with a game to go to get you barely in to the OROY conversation.

20 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Exactly. Let's be real. If the Browns actually won more then 1 game the past two seasons , he'd barely even be in the conversation.

lol

Yup. Being two TDs away from tying the rookie TD record while also missing the first 2.5 games if hardly worth mentioning. 9_9

38 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Guys let’s just give it to the best rookie RB and be done with it...

since he became the full time starting RB (Oct21st) he leads all rookies in rushing yards from that point on. 

But but but he doesn’t have 10 catches a game for 15 yards...

Jk

Archived