Where Does Nick Foles Go in 2019?

footbull3196

Which team does Nick Foles go to in 2019?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team does Nick Foles go to in 2019?

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Honestly it became evident during last year's Super Bowl. Our defense is not good unless our front 4 alone can get pressure, if they fail to do so, Jim Schwartz can't scheme his way out of a paper bag.

Schwartz's scheme does rely on his front four pressuring, and he makes some very questionable decisions, but it's hard to deny his track record. I think there's a fair argument that Schwartz can't do as much to elevate personnel as elite DCs, but when he has the personnel he needs, his scheme is highly effective.

30 minutes ago, showtime said:

This is nothing like that.  Robert Horry was a role player and made some big shots throughout his career.  Nick Foles had arguably the greatest postseason run ever last year and he'll be a big piece in the Eagles reaching the postseason this year if they make it.  Foles has carried a HEAVY load last season and this season when he has played.

Chill, Showtime, chill.

Wentz after the usual month of recovering to game speed on his repaired knee played exactly the same as he did when he was, you know, freaking LEAGUE MVP 12 months ago. His OL completely fell apart, his weapons broke down, and he still played exceptionally well despite the stats not showing just how well he played because the league went completely insane with passing #'s this year. Nick Foles caught lightning in a bottle for like, 2 games (he wasn't very good against Atlanta the first time) and sucked when defenses had a full off-season to prep for him as the starter with the Eagles offense.

He's a back-up, probably the best back-up in the league, a guy every team should want, but in no way shape or form is he even in the same stratosphere as Carson Wentz as a QB. The only reason they even shut Wentz down was because it seemed like the playoffs were a fantasy based on the fact that the defense couldn't stop a cold. And I'm sorry, just like "clutch" is not a real thing, I've never  ascribed to a QB magically making a defense play better. It's not like with wideouts where guys will go "backup is in, I need to win every 50/50 ball for us to have a shot", they don't play on the same side of the ball it's meaningless. And they're the Texans defense pissing down their leg from their season being over, regardless.

That this is even a "debate" is insane, sample size borne out states explicitly that when Foles is the full time starter and defenses are prepped and ready for him, he's a turnover machine who struggles against backside pressure and can't read deep passes outside the hashes. It's great that he's caught lightning in a bottle, hope he turns it into a lot of money for himself and his family, but to trade Carson Wentz over 5 actual games is certifiably insane. And I'd fire the GM for even THINKING that's what they should do.

On 12/25/2018 at 7:10 PM, PapaShogun said:

Foles might want a chance to go to a place where a team believes in him to be a starter though. Also, he might get a decent contract thrown his way. It would be tough to turn down that kind of opportunity. Personally, I'd like to see what he can do on a team that really views him as their guy. If I had to put money on it, he's not a long term solution, but stranger things have happened I guess. I don't think he's been anywhere where the coaching staff viewed him as the top dog. 

He had his opportunity to be the top dog with the Rams before he played himself out of it.  Let’s not forget they extended him before he played a single game for them and they ended up having buyers remorse on that one.  And no, it was not Jeff Fisher’s fault that he was trash that season

3 hours ago, showtime said:

And now, Wentz is obviously hurt AGAIN and not playing.  Is this really someone you want to lock up with a huge mega deal?  Probably, but some people are starting to become skeptical and you can't really blame them.

Yes. Its absurdity at its finest for anyone to suggest trading Wentz. Period. 

People are acting like he fell off a cliff or something? Look at my Sig below. Those stats look pitiful to you? What was clearly evident all season was the horrific OL play, lack of a Running game and Pi$$ poor playcalling by Doug Pederson.

Why Doug changed all of that once Foles was inserted rather then catering the offense to what Wentz likes, is mind boggling to me. 

Despite all of that and the numbers below Carson was not only coming off major knee surgery with two torn ligaments  but apparently  a broke back?? Might just might  explain  "some" not "all" of the ducks and simple throws he was completing last season but missing this year?

The idiot's calling for Wentz to be traded are probably the same people who thought Luck should of been discarded as well in Indy, draft a QB!!! You simply dont give up on a talented QB's, period. Which Wentz is.

24 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

He had his opportunity to be the top dog with the Rams before he played himself out of it.  Let’s not forget they extended him before he played a single game for them and they ended up having buyers remorse on that one.  And no, it was not Jeff Fisher’s fault that he was trash that season

So is it just coincidence that the same 3 QB's (Foles, Goff, Keenum) all sucked under Fisher but in the following seasons away from Fisher led 3 different teams to the Playoffs/ Win a SB?

Come on now. Fisher is and always has been a joke of a HC.

Fixed

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So is it just coincidence that the same 3 QB's (Foles, Goff, Keenum) who sucked that season under Fisher  but the following  season led 3 teams to the Playoffs/ Win a SB?

Come on now. Fisher is and always has been a joke of a HC.

Goff wasn't on that team. Foles sucked. Everything about that offense sucked. However, it's hard to ignore Foles' last year in Philly before that trade. Mark Sanchez put up comparable numbers. Some people are rewriting history on Foles. @Jaguarfan's comparison to Fitzpatrick is spot on.

2 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

That's true, but well, I'll just say Fisher has only had one quality quaterback during his career, and even then McNair only started to develop as a passer once Mike Heimerdinger was around. Those Rams teams had close to no offensive talent, and...who was on the offensive staff that year? Foles stunk, but it would be difficult for a lot of guys to succeed in that situation. 

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Jacksonville  or TB

Pay Bortles and Winston<<<<<<<<Nick Foles?

what are the dead money considerations for them but? the bucks took jameis’s fifth year option and the jags gave blakey that extension

if there is none then sweet gigs

Archived