Week Whatever Game Day Commiseration Destination: Packers Versus Lions

MacReady

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Your definition of 5 yards is not so great.  The second Williams came open the ball should have been thrown.  The defender was still backpedaling when Williams stopped his route.  If you think a defender can run 7 yards from backpedaling to make that tackle, you're wrong. 

Ok OP as usual there is only your view and no one else’s. I saw the replay to and it was not forgone conclusion that Williams would have gotten much. So we’ll agree to disagree. You likley thought Kumerow was open to by the first take and the relay showed he wasn’t. The pressure also came from that side which made AR move to his right. 

4 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

There was a defender within 5 yards and Williams stopped well short of the first down marker. Yes AR could have thrown it. Likely wouldn’t have made it. You are in the wrong thread for your AR bashing. 

I don't think he missed anyone that was egregiously open.  Williams wasn't going to be able to get the first down without multiple broken tackles.  Kumerow was open early but was covered by Tabor by time AR12 got back to him.  A lot of fans are going to trash him regardless.  Some want him to fail because of his contract.  

11 minutes ago, packerjmf said:

Was somebody covering Williams on 3rd down, because he looked wide open to me. Aaron still refusing to take the check down?

There was a DB in zone like 5 yards up field sitting on the route. In hindsight it would have been nice to see AR throw it to see if Williams makes a play, but I get not throwing that considering that was on third.

Archived