Paul Depodesta and John Dorsey

Kiwibrown

https://waitingfornextyear.com/2018/12/paul-depodesta-browns-nfl-news-rumors/

This article is very speculative and also vague. 

However it raise one very interesting question, what is Paul D. Up to and what is relationship with Jimmy, and Dorsey like. 

Does Paul wear the pants? 

Did stick the knife in Todd? 

Give me your hot takes.

• Like 1

National people don't know how to live in a world where the Browns are good and not the laughing stock/whipping boys of the league. Just like Colin Cowherd will manipulate anything Baker does to support his opinion that Baker is a bad kid, media will always be looking for ways to perpetuate the narrative that Cleveland is dysfunctional behind the scenes.

Paul D and the analytics guys give Dorsey the analytics perspective on all situations to provide every angle possible, and to provide alternative ideas or outlooks. No big deal. I'm sure Paul is highly respected in the building, as a man with his intelligence and education should.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Dorsey is a talent evaluator and draft/free agent guru that got into major cap trouble in KC. 

DePo is a numbers genius/guru and great at knowing those ins and outs.

As long as power and egos stay out of this, it’s an absolute dream scenario.

Dorsey doesn’t seem to have an ego tbh.  I don’t think a guy with a huge ego would be willing to bring in guys like Scotch, Wolf, etc.

Analytics most certainly has a place in the NFL and Dorsey knows it.  He has one of the best sports analytics guys in history at his disposal and would be a fool not to utilize his skills.

I know a lot of guys want to think of Dorsey is just a meathead (he is) who only knows “old school scouting”, but what he’s done here isn’t just that.

Trading Coleman, Coleman, Shelton, etc for picks, even day 3 picks is rooted in analytics.  Building our “war chest” up to 10 picks for April is analytics.  Baker was an analytics darling (not saying analytics is the only reason we took him).

I had reservations about Dorsey blowing through the cap space and picks without regard for the future as much as anyone here, but thus far he’s done a fair job of balancing out the needs of today and the best interest of tomorrow.  While he’s spent a decent bit to improve the roster, we’re not committed long term to many players.  We have plenty of draft picks.  

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 12/30/2018 at 11:19 AM, MWil23 said:

Dorsey is a talent evaluator and draft/free agent guru that got into major cap trouble in KC. 

DePo is a numbers genius/guru and great at knowing those ins and outs.

As long as power and egos stay out of this, it’s an absolute dream scenario.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:45 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dorsey doesn’t seem to have an ego tbh.

L

O

L

• Like 2