Jets to fire HC Todd Bowles

RaidersAreOne

I think Bowles can be/is a middle of the road HC. Pair him with a good GM that knows how to build a roster (and a good OC), you can win with the guy. I realize you can say that about a large handful of the league, but that’s just Bowles. Won’t elevate a roster but won’t destroy it either.

59 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Pair him with a good GM that knows how to build a roster (and a good OC), you can win with the guy. I realize you can say that about a large handful of the league, but that’s just Bowles. Won’t elevate a roster but won’t destroy it either.

Settling for this incredibly low bar is what can hamstring your team for years.  Trust me, my team did it with Chuck Pagano.  

Plus I'm pretty sure Bowles is a robot.  It's time to move on.

Honestly, if I'm the chiefs, I beg him to be the DC for the playoffs.  I'd pay a stupid amount of money to make it happen.  It wont, but they wont win a playoff game with Bob Sutton.  

As someone else pointed out, he probably gets looked at DC for the Bears if someone actually gives Fangio a chance (I'll believe it when I see it)

Jets are rumored to be making a strong push for Mike McCarthy.  Earlier this year, I thought this wa as the landing spot for Flip.  Maybe this becomes the spot for Lafleur or Kitchens.  

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Honestly, if I'm the chiefs, I beg him to be the DC for the playoffs.  I'd pay a stupid amount of money to make it happen.  It wont, but they wont win a playoff game with Bob Sutton.  

As someone else pointed out, he probably gets looked at DC for the Bears if someone actually gives Fangio a chance (I'll believe it when I see it)

Jets are rumored to be making a strong push for Mike McCarthy.  Earlier this year, I thought this wa as the landing spot for Flip.  Maybe this becomes the spot for Lafleur or Kitchens.  

He would be a welcomed sight in KC on the defensive side. 

39 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Mistake not to fire Maccagnan as well. 

It looks like this past draft and getting Darnold has stayed his execution.  Considering he isn't being given free reign to hire a new head coach, and instead working with his boss, I have a feeling his hold on the job is tenuous at best.  

Bowles is still one of the best defensive minds, and I could see him taking a year off from coaching.  However, a team that hires an offensive-minded guy as their new head coach now has a fantastic defensive coordinator available for that coach, if Bowles wants to.  He can be picky about what jobs he takes.  

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It looks like this past draft and getting Darnold has stayed his execution.  Considering he isn't being given free reign to hire a new head coach, and instead working with his boss, I have a feeling his hold on the job is tenuous at best.  

Bowles is still one of the best defensive minds, and I could see him taking a year off from coaching.  However, a team that hires an offensive-minded guy as their new head coach now has a fantastic defensive coordinator available for that coach, if Bowles wants to.  He can be picky about what jobs he takes.  

I would assume that if Arians gets a HC gig somewhere Bowles ends up the DC with him

Archived