Free ain't free in the NFL...

vike daddy

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

For those that don't know who he is, Alexander is the #65 LB, according to PFF.  To put it in perspective, Barr is #26.  

As mediocre as many think Barr is, Alexander is significantly worse.  And it ain't close.

I would disagree that he’s significantly worse. The disparity in their PFF grades is the efficiency in which they tackle, which PFF values greatly. 

But Alexander is a better playmaker, which is going to get you paid. 

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

Yes. mind. boggling. 

They must believe he's going to be what he was 2 years ago, prior to the injury.  But, he's a player that has talent, but has never put it together.  He's another one of those guys who has proven to be able to rush the passer, but can't stop the run for the life of him.  

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I would disagree that he’s significantly worse. The disparity in their PFF grades is the efficiency in which they tackle, which PFF values greatly. 

As they should.  If you can't tackle very well, you'll lead to a lot more negative plays than positive ones.  Give me a guy who can tackle and I'll take that guy 9 times out of 10 over a guy who will splash every now and then, but lets the RB get to the 2nd level most of the time.  

20 minutes ago, swede700 said:

As they should.  If you can't tackle very well, you'll lead to a lot more negative plays than positive ones.  Give me a guy who can tackle and I'll take that guy 9 times out of 10 over a guy who will splash every now and then, but lets the RB get to the 2nd level most of the time.  

For reference...

Archived