Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

17 minutes ago, Raves said:

One of the main reasons I didn't want LeBron back was I knew how the offense would become.  I wanted to see what Irving/Waiters/Wiggins/Thompson/Zeller could've done under Blatt running a legit offense.  I mean I'm happy for the title, but LeBron has so much baggage and puts your team in a bad spot.

That's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Oregon Ducks said:

That's ridiculous.

Why because I wanted the Cavs to continue to rebuild and look to sign a guy like Gordon Hayward instead so that they could build a real team with an offense?  I mean obviously they wouldn't have won the title, but I think financially and player wise, the Cavs would be in a good spot right now if LeBron hadn't returned.  But hey he did, we got a title, which is awesome, and at least this time the team won't be completely devoid of picks and cap space to start a rebuild faster.

5 hours ago, Raves said:

Why because I wanted the Cavs to continue to rebuild and look to sign a guy like Gordon Hayward instead so that they could build a real team with an offense?  I mean obviously they wouldn't have won the title, but I think financially and player wise, the Cavs would be in a good spot right now if LeBron hadn't returned.  But hey he did, we got a title, which is awesome, and at least this time the team won't be completely devoid of picks and cap space to start a rebuild faster.

Lebrons baggage? Lmao wut? He's worth any perceived baggage he may come with a hundred times over  

you wanted to see waiters?? He was a terrible fit.  Have you seen Wiggins? He's not all that good. Our team would have been f'd trying to resign them. All of those guys ended up signing large deals and Wiggins is about to sign for the max. We'd have no financial room. And Hayward wasn't coming here. Utah matched the offer sheet he was signed to. We would have ended up with paying Trevor ariza 15M a year. 

• Like 1

Does anyone think the Nets are guaranteed to be one of the 2 worst teams in the NBA? Bulls? Magic? Pacers? I think its a stretch to say that the bad team with no incentive to tank will be worse than just as bad teams with incentive to tank.

7 hours ago, Raves said:

That team you constructed would be at 8th seed at best. LeBron has baggage and he does disrupt the structure of your offense but lol you're crazy to turn that down. You're logic and reasoning would only be sound if you could construct a team that would bring similar success and that team has no chance. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You have to take the little bad with LeBron as for the most part there is a whole a lot of GREAT when he is on your team. LeBron not buying into a legitimate offense will always be baffling, especially end of games. Just such a tiring way of playing offense that limits the impact of everyone else when he goes into those pick and roll modes in 4th quarters. Life would be so much easier if his teams used more motion offense and got him the ball on the block instead at the three point line. 

One good thing about getting Thomas is he is basically an isolation or heavy pick and roll player himself and a bucket getter that you have to be playing with LeBron's offense. 

While they're similar style players in that iso heavy, in the playoffs in particular and vs the Warriors there is a huge drop off. The Warriors defense will have no problem handling IT. Kyrie was the most feared player on that team. 

2 hours ago, iothar said:

Does anyone think the Nets are guaranteed to be one of the 2 worst teams in the NBA? Bulls? Magic? Pacers? I think its a stretch to say that the bad team with no incentive to tank will be worse than just as bad teams with incentive to tank.

they dont need to be the worst team, they just need to be one of the worse teams. We all know if you give Cleveland a chance in the lottery they will most likely win it.

23 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

While they're similar style players in that iso heavy, in the playoffs in particular and vs the Warriors there is a huge drop off. The Warriors defense will have no problem handling IT. Kyrie was the most feared player on that team. 

No doubt the Warriors fear Kyrie more than Lil Zeke. But they weren't going to have a problem against the Cavs with Kyrie if we're being honest. The Crowder addition is the biggest thing they added to the match up. Kyrie even against length was able to get his at any time against the Warriors. That same length is likely to give Thomas much more issues. 

And then what will happen in close games with LeBron being the lone shot creator? We have seen how that style of play fails over and over again in the playoffs. You have to take into consideration the type of offense the Cavs play. 

Only if they would have gotten the deal done for Bledsoe/George. Then things would have been REALLY interesting.

• Like 1

Derrick Rose shouldn't be counted on being the #2 option down the stretch for any team at this point. Will he even be on the closing line up? IT/JR/Crowder/Bron and then Love or TT. I mean maybe some games he will be in over JR, but even that is not a lock. I do like the idea of defending SGs over PGs though. 

I'm just thinking how ineffective IT was against Cleveland. He's easier to control due to his size. Would playing with LeBron give him a little more freedom? Definitely, but I don't know that it offsets the defensive shortcomings. Maybe not being the offensive focus will help defensive effort. I just know Cleveland doesn't have any Delly like defender and it seems like something they were missing last year.  

15 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'm just thinking how ineffective IT was against Cleveland. He's easier to control due to his size. Would playing with LeBron give him a little more freedom? Definitely, but I don't know that it offsets the defensive shortcomings. Maybe not being the offensive focus will help defensive effort. I just know Cleveland doesn't have any Delly like defender and it seems like something they were missing last year.  

The reason he struggled against Cleveland was all the hard doubles they threw at him. He was pretty much trapped at every pick and roll. That obviously won't happen with LeBron on his team. I have my doubts how he fares against Klay, but that's another story.

Rose coming off the bench is definitely legit. Rose's offensive numbers were good last season, but his defense was terrible. I wonder if guarding SGs instead of PGs will help him. He has good size/strength to match up with opposing SGs, and won't have to worry about fighting over a million of screens. If he is able to guard SGs, then you could play him and IT together when LeBron is on the bench. Heck, even if LeBron is playing. It gives Cavs three shot creators.