Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

Yeah that was mind boggling, but thats what happens when you just get a pawn as a coach to appease Lebron.

Best thing the Cavs could do is sign some young, lengthy athletes like Williams and make it clear their only job is to play full effort defense on KD, Curry and Klay.

Rose should only ever guard Livingston or Young.  Rose shouldn't be on the court for more than 20 MPG anyways, so if he's ever in when neither of those 2 are in, then Lue would be making a huge mistake.

The biggest problem with having Rose against anyone on Golden State is he's a total ball-watcher off the ball, so it doesn't matter who he's defending.  He's going to get burned.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Or Cleveland should call up Detroit and go all in at this point with the 1 year rentals. Find out how much AB would cost them. They could just have him play his full court press on Curry and wear him down.

Cleveland would be a perfect situation for AB. Let him go back to his full court press days where he just shot corner 3s.

I don't think we have what it takes to get Bradley. We're not giving up the Brooklyn pick for him. Or love. Maybe Shump and the cavs pick? Idk, he'd be nice but I don't think we have the realistic pieces to make it work. 

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Their best player is a hurt Jeremy Lin.  They have intriguing pieces, but that roster is still absolutely awful.  There's no guarantee that they will be a bottom 2 team, but there are only 2 teams I'd say that have as bad of a roster as Brooklyn as currently constructed: Chicago and Atlanta.  Now Brooklyn's young players could take some leaps, but so could all the other teams you listed (Indiana is clearly better to me already).  Injuries could push other teams down to Brooklyn's level, but right now, they are clearly a bottom 3 team to me.

I think Lin gets traded this year. He's on a 1 +1 and will probably opt out. Brooklyn has a crowded backcourt with young players. No need to Lin. Brooklyn will be terrible. Mozgov crabbe and Russell aren't changing that. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

By mid season, if he tells Detroit hes exploring his options in free agency his price tag shouldn't be crazy high. Shump, Zizic and the CLE pick?

That could work. Although I think they'd get better offers than the 30th pick in the draft and a young project big. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, Cleveland has really been put in an awful spot these last 3 years, what with making the Finals every year and winning a title.  Give us a break with this nonsense, man.  No one feels sorry for you and no one believe this crap that you wish LeBron never came back.

I've said it numerous times I'm happy for the title and the winning, but I've always maintained that I would've preferred the Cavs continued to their rebuild process the right way instead of switching immediately into a win now mode.  I think Boston made the right transition.  They had all the rebuild pieces in place, were to a point that their young players/assets would start conflicting with each other and then used some of those assets to get more established players still in/entering their primes.  Signing Gordon Hayward and trading for Irving was a huge step forward for them in completing their rebuild process and will position them very nicely for the next 5-8 years to compete, much better than if they just resigned IT and kept the picks, they would've been in a bad spot.  I think if LeBron would've allowed for Blatt to institute and offense and to follow it, not to mention I think keeping Wiggins instead of trading for Love would've been the right move, they could've looked to try and sign him as a FA the following year as I think the draw of Irving/LeBron might've trumped a bad/rebuilding Lakers team and I don't think GS would've had the money. 

If you really want you can go to the old forum and the thread from before he came back, I said numerous times I wouldn't want LeBron to come back because it would cause the team to go into the same situation of having to win now and putting us with a lot of bad contracts and a team that has to fit how he wants to play, I thought giving Blatt a time to properly develop the young guys and trying to bring in vets like Hayward (who yes I know Utah matched the Max contract), or other players who could've played well in the Euro style offense, would've been better for the team letting them develop through an actual offense.

Also to the person before about the players like Waiters/Thompson etc getting paid.  Waiters just finally got paid a decent amount and Thompson likely wouldn't have gotten the same contract if LeBron wasn't on the team.  We effectively bid against LeBron.

tldr;  I'm happy for the title and the winning, but I knew we would be swapped to a win now trading our young players/assets for win now that wouldn't for sure work or might strap us going forward.  Wanted to try to rebuild like Boston/GSW etc did.

11 minutes ago, Raves said:

I've said it numerous times I'm happy for the title and the winning, but I've always maintained that I would've preferred the Cavs continued to their rebuild process the right way instead of switching immediately into a win now mode.  I think Boston made the right transition.  They had all the rebuild pieces in place, were to a point that their young players/assets would start conflicting with each other and then used some of those assets to get more established players still in/entering their primes.  Signing Gordon Hayward and trading for Irving was a huge step forward for them in completing their rebuild process and will position them very nicely for the next 5-8 years to compete, much better than if they just resigned IT and kept the picks, they would've been in a bad spot.  I think if LeBron would've allowed for Blatt to institute and offense and to follow it, not to mention I think keeping Wiggins instead of trading for Love would've been the right move, they could've looked to try and sign him as a FA the following year as I think the draw of Irving/LeBron might've trumped a bad/rebuilding Lakers team and I don't think GS would've had the money. 

If you really want you can go to the old forum and the thread from before he came back, I said numerous times I wouldn't want LeBron to come back because it would cause the team to go into the same situation of having to win now and putting us with a lot of bad contracts and a team that has to fit how he wants to play, I thought giving Blatt a time to properly develop the young guys and trying to bring in vets like Hayward (who yes I know Utah matched the Max contract), or other players who could've played well in the Euro style offense, would've been better for the team letting them develop through an actual offense.

Also to the person before about the players like Waiters/Thompson etc getting paid.  Waiters just finally got paid a decent amount and Thompson likely wouldn't have gotten the same contract if LeBron wasn't on the team.  We effectively bid against LeBron.

tldr;  I'm happy for the title and the winning, but I knew we would be swapped to a win now trading our young players/assets for win now that wouldn't for sure work or might strap us going forward.  Wanted to try to rebuild like Boston/GSW etc did.

Who cares if you skip the rebuild and jump to win-now when it pays off and you actually win a title? You were never sniffing a title with Kyrie, Waiters, Wiggins, Bennett and Thompson. No star is signing in Cleveland if LeBron isn't around. So they'd be stuck in mediocrity and shelling out massive contracts to these players who won't take you anywhere.This seems like a silly mindset to have. Title > everything.

So Iman Shumpert supposedly requested a trade according to Dave McMenamin? Shams said he didn't, but L-O-L if he did. Like come on man, don't you think the Cavs would love to trade you? Also, may not be a coincidence that Iman was the closest player to Kyrie on the Cavs.

I hear what @Raves is saying, to a point. I mean, I'd probably take the next seven years with this nuggets core growing and becoming a 2nd round exit challenging for WCF or Finals like the Grizz did with grit and grind rather than blowing it up and having a banana boat-esque super team to challenge for a title for a year to three. 

But I've seen one of my teams win three championships in my lifetime so I'm not exactly a Cleveland fan lol 

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No doubt the Warriors fear Kyrie more than Lil Zeke. But they weren't going to have a problem against the Cavs with Kyrie if we're being honest. The Crowder addition is the biggest thing they added to the match up. Kyrie even against length was able to get his at any time against the Warriors. That same length is likely to give Thomas much more issues. 

Oh I agree that with or without Kyrie it wouldbt make a difference. I'm just don't think that this move makes Cleveland any better vs Warriors. Even Crowder I just think it's another defensive body that won't have a notable difference on the series.

Edited by Kip Smithers

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Their best player is a hurt Jeremy Lin.  They have intriguing pieces, but that roster is still absolutely awful.  There's no guarantee that they will be a bottom 2 team, but there are only 2 teams I'd say that have as bad of a roster as Brooklyn as currently constructed: Chicago and Atlanta.  Now Brooklyn's young players could take some leaps, but so could all the other teams you listed (Indiana is clearly better to me already).  Injuries could push other teams down to Brooklyn's level, but right now, they are clearly a bottom 3 team to me.

Yeah, they lost their best player. Brook is a dinosaur in the league but he's still a good player. That team is trash. I mean what if DAR sucks? They have pretty much zero starting caliber players on that team as of now. 

They blew that Crabbe trade. Insane. Wasn't into the Carroll one either, but the Crabbe one was horrible. Definitely some intriguing pieces though 

20 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Eh. There is a pretty decent drop off on offense from Kyrie to PG.

Kyrie -
30.8 USG% 10.3 TOV% 29.7 AST% 7.4 OWS .53 EFG% 47/40/90 shooting line

PG -
28.9 USG% 12.7 TOV% 16.1 AST% 3.9 OWS .49 EFG% 46/39/90 shooting line

Yeah one is playing with Lebron James and the other is the actual franchise guy. What those numbers look like without Bron? He isn't nearly as good.