Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

16 minutes ago, indifference said:

Yeah one is playing with Lebron James and the other is the actual franchise guy. What those numbers look like without Bron? He isn't nearly as good.

LeBron isn't the difference here. Kyrie is going to be just fine without LeBron and put up his best stats to date next season. 

The Pressure is on Kyrie. He asked for this and he got it.  Its gonna come down to how much more balanced he can make his game because I don't think he has any issues scoring the ball without Lebron.  He needs to buy into Brad Stevens and listen to what he wants him to do because the proof is already there that Stevens can coach a winning NBA system.  I think he does it.  This is a thread i definitely think I will be bookmarking for the future.

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LeBron isn't the difference here. Kyrie is going to be just fine without LeBron and put up his best stats to date next season. 

Lets not pretend every bucket Kyrie is creating for himself. Yes he does that exceptionally well but Bron as a facilitator gives him ample of open looks and free lanes to the rim. Boston don't have that, and his efficiency will decrease. 

11 minutes ago, indifference said:

Lets not pretend every bucket Kyrie is creating for himself. Yes he does that exceptionally well but Bron as a facilitator gives him ample of open looks and free lanes to the rim. Boston don't have that, and his efficiency will decrease. 

Who creates every bucket for themselves? Of course some buckets were created for him, that goes without saying. But I'm confident Brad Stevens will be able to create plenty of open looks with his system for Kyrie. Don't overthink this, Kyrie is going to be just fine without LeBron.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who creates every bucket for themselves? Of course some buckets were created for him, that goes without saying. But I'm confident Brad Stevens will be able to create plenty of open looks with his system for Kyrie. Don't overthink this, Kyrie is going to be just fine without LeBron.

Of course he's still going to be "fine". Doesn't mean he'll be a better player.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Looking at some stats.

Kyrie took 7.7 FGA per game when he had the ball more than 6 seconds at 47.2%. IT took 4.9 at 46.3%
Kyrie iso'd 21% of the time. IT 9%. Don't know FG% but they were both elite at iso'ing.
Kyrie took 2.6 3PA per game that were considered open at 40%. IT took 3.1 a 39%.
Kyrie took 1.4 3PA per game that were considered wide open at 42.3%. IT 1.1 at 52.3%
Kyrie took 6.9 shots per game when he dribbled 7 or more times, he shot 49%. IT took 4.8 and shot 44.6%.

Kyrie might get more open/better looks if commits to BOS's offense tbh.

Also Bledsoe/MIA pick for Nets pick? Throw in matching contracts (Shump probably). Or should we wait till Rose gets hurt?

Edited by 11sanchez11

40 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Of course he's still going to be "fine". Doesn't mean he'll be a better player.

Better player than he was in Cleveland? With more of an offensive load and with a top 3 HC, he certainly could be a better player in Boston. And I'm expecting just that. 

I'd be very surprised if this trade was voided.

Thomas probably should have had surgery right after the season.

If you were Boston and Cleveland comes to you and says "Give us 1 more asset or we are voiding this.", what are you willing to give up?  

38 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'd be very surprised if this trade was voided.

Thomas probably should have had surgery right after the season.

If you were Boston and Cleveland comes to you and says "Give us 1 more asset or we are voiding this.", what are you willing to give up?  

Would have to assume it's anothet draft pick. Don't think there's any other players they would be willing to part with.

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

So this trade isnt being voided?  I really need to know because I ordered my #11 Kyrie Celtics jersey yesterday so this cant happen to me

I doubt it.  Even without IT being ready as early as they might hoped, they still have Rose and Calderon to start off the early part of the season.  IT could be unable to play till the trade deadline and it wouldn't matter to the Cavs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kempus said:

Would have to assume it's anothet draft pick. Don't think there's any other players they would be willing to part with.

Which pick would you be willing to give up?  Boston 2018 or 2019?  Memphis 2019?  Nothing and just void the trade?