Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Which would be ideal, I'm not high on Thomas. Definitely wouldn't max him out. 

He won't get maxed out. The market on 30 year old PGs wasn't good this offseason and I highly doubt it will be any better next year. There aren't many teams that don't have a good PG or at least a highly drafted PG that they're looking to develop. No one is giving IT big money. At most he'll get a 3 year max like Lowry got. 

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He won't get maxed out. The market on 30 year old PGs wasn't good this offseason and I highly doubt it will be any better next year. There aren't many teams that don't have a good PG or at least a highly drafted PG that they're looking to develop. No one is giving IT big money. At most he'll get a 3 year max like Lowry got. 

Add in the fact everyone in the league knows about his hip problem. Hip injuries can eff up your mechanics by overcompensating the glutes or hammys.

22 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Add in the fact everyone in the league knows about his hip problem. Hip injuries can eff up your mechanics by overcompensating the glutes or hammys.

And it doesn't help he's my height.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So are hip injuries worse than ACL tears? I keep hearing people talk about its impossible to come back from and be the same again. Players come back just fine from just about every other torn muscle or broken bone. 

I think it depends on the extent if the injury. From my understanding which is limited, I work in the legal field in work compensation so I have to read medical reports often and see a lot of knee and hip injuries. TKR is probably the worst as far as recovering, just takes a long time and regaining strength and ROM is a long and hard process. Repairing of ACL injuries seem to be quick and as we have seen multiple success stories for athletes. Hip injuries like labral tear or fractured hip are severe but typically can have a quicker recovery time. The problem with hip injuries if you do not gain the strength and ROM back, you start to over compensate which can lead to impingement syndrome, ITBS, stiff quads/hammys, etc.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So are hip injuries worse than ACL tears? I keep hearing people talk about its impossible to come back from and be the same again. Players come back just fine from just about every other torn muscle or broken bone. 

I have heard that some people are now saying it was a mistake to not get surgery on his injured hip, but from what I read earlier in the off-season, Thomas was in constant communication with doctors and they determined that surgery was not necessary.  Back in early July, Brad Stevens made a statement:  "But every indication is he feels good and he'll be ready to go. Everybody that I have talked to said it looked unlikely that they would need to [perform surgery]. But I don't want to speak in absolutes. I'm not a doctor, just a coach."  Based off of that, things are not going as planned and that is unfortunate.

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I would say Hips are worse. I would say in all sports, you use your hips more than your knees or at least count on them. ACL helps you cut but hips in general is all your movement. The issue I have been hearing from the sports radio is Cleveland medical exam discovered that IT had some medical hip issue that was never a problem but with this hip injury he just had, its going to make it nearly impossible for him to get back to where he truly was before that injury. That is what Boston left out but it possibly could be that Boston never knee about that issue, but who knows. 

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Would love to see Danny just cancel the deal tbh. Cavs asking for Tatum or Brown is legitimately insulting to Dannys intelligence.

Keep the Nets pick and IT. Trade Crowder to the highest bidder.

It's just negotiating.