Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

2 minutes ago, Darkness said:

Let's just assume Taytum becomes an "elite" wing scorer. He's still a ball stopper who can't create for others, with the physical makeup of a tweener. Fultz is both a great scorer and passer, who you can build a system around. There's no comparison between the two prospects and what they'd bring to their teams at their full potential.

Not to mention he can't play d and will get attacked any time he's in the game in the playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

And how many teams nail picks in the 20s?  

Jaylen looks like a future All Star and Smart looks like he'll always be a capable rotation guy.

Outside of the top 3, there is always a humongous dropoff, and regardless of the 3-5 guys who mysteriously dropped in the past 5-10 years who everyone wants to point at, a lot of teams missed Kawhi and Giannis.  Those are once every couple year exceptions, not the norm.  The NBA draft is nothing like the NFL.  Most outside the top 15 are JAGs who never amount to anything but bench player or out of the league in 3 years.

Ainge has done well enough for his draft picks and Tatum has all the tools to be an elite scorer.

Well enough =/= good. So when it gets tossed around that he got his #1 guy as opposed to the consensus #1 guy that doesn't mean anything to me. That has nothing to do with Tatum as a prospect and everything to do with Ainge being a mediocre talent scout. Marcus Smart being a capable rotation guy #6 overall isn't a glowing endorsement. Jaylen Brown (a guy I like) has a long way to go to become an all star. He didn't even make the all-rookie 1st team for the worst rookie class potentially ever.

Just now, O'Doyle Rules said:

Let's wait a few years before we judge these rookies. #1 ranked players arnt guaranteed allstars. Only in Boston can the #3 pick already be a bust before ever playing.

Nobody is calling Tatum a bust.  Don't put words into people's mouth.

On 8/28/2017 at 5:04 PM, MookieMonster said:

Its insulting tbh.

Seriously though, I'd be totally fine with Danny calling it off. Keep the Nets pick for another trade, trade Crowder for a shooter or more picks and let IT get healthy and then let him walk.

I dont know if Boston can call it off. Everything I have been hearing is its all on Cleveland. They either have to accept the trade by Thursday or let it expire and it becomes voided. I dont think Boston can come out say tomorrow and say the deal is off. thats what it at least sounds like when I was listening to the radio

26 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I'm curious why you disagree?  What have you seen in him that makes you think he can't/won't be?

How many rookies from the last 2 seasons do/did you see on their way to being All-Stars?

Edited by seminoles1