Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

9 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

It absolutely means he had a better opportunity. Brown didn't have the rope or the chance to shine like Ingram did, don't be that guy, come on. 

I'd make the argument that Jaylen Brown came into a system where there was literally no pressure on him, and very little in the way of expectations.  Ingram was supposed to be the savior, and as we saw he wasn't ready for the spotlight.

11 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

How does that prove that wings are move valuable than PGs? If I said give me your top 8 NBA players there would be more PGs than wings, so does that mean PGs are more valuable than wings? Or does the number 5 have more value than 8 because you say so?

I think it's actually proven statistically that the most valuable type of offense comes from the wing position. I don't remember where I saw the study on it.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

I love how Ingram will clearly get better but Brown is what he is after one year lol.

Also Utley, I don't know what to tell you if you didn't see big improvement from Tatums first game at Duke to his last.

On defense? There was no improvement. He was still lost most of the time.

How is anyone saying Brown is what he is? I expect him to improve defensively and as a shooter. He could be an elite wing defender.

There are 2 types of stars you can build a championship team around. Players you can run your offense through and build a system around, and players who compliment them or need to be in a great system. Homer Celtic fans who are trying to lump Tatum in with the first group of stars are kidding themselves. James, Curry, Giannis, Harden, and Westbrook are all exceptional passers in addition to great scorers. Durant and Leonard don't make others around them better, so they depend on their great passing systems to take advantage of their elite efficiency to make their impact. 

Tatum does have the benefit of playing in a great system, but unless he can match the elite effeciency of those 2, he can't and won't be the #1 option on a championship team. 

11 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Wait, what's the difference now? You're backtracking? You said zebras can't change their stripes but Crowder in the last 3 seasons barely shot over 30 percent and was one of the better shooters in the league last year. 

Considering he didn't get to 40 this year, I doubt it. Do I think he'll be a strong 3 point shooter for the rest of his career? Yes. Great form and great shot selection. 

No...I said that I find that jump in shooting percentage that he showed last year to be an anomaly unless he can repeat it.

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

I love how Ingram will clearly get better but Brown is what he is after one year lol.

Are you done making up stuff?  NOBODY has said that Jaylen Brown is what he is after one year.  NOBODY.

Personally, I believe Brandon Ingram will ultimately be a better player than Jaylen Brown.  I see Brown as being an elite 3 & D guy in the NBA, which is extremely valuable.  Brown will be the type of player that every team in the league would love to have.  Ingram will be more of a focal point of an offense, thus ultimately having a larger role in what he is asked to do.

I'd rather have Brown to be honest. I think Ingram was horribly misevaluated coming out of college and he'll never be the lengthy knockdown 3 point guy he was pegged to be. I think he'll be a good defender once he gets stronger, capable shooter and guy who can run the offense for spurts but nothing special. I think Brown as a projected top tier 3 and D guy who should improve his ability to get to the rim will end up more valuable over time.