With the 12th pick in the 2019 NFL draft............

Golfman

1 minute ago, GWH87 said:

Agree to disagree my friend, none of those guys are picks I'd want in Green & Gold. Did you watch how out of sorts that defense was in the second half of the Orange Bowl? It's system based success, not individual talent that thrives by itself. Just like the Tedford argument, there are outliers in every situation but I wouldn't dip into that pot again.

Agree to disagree aswell, my friend. I edited my post before I saw this and added even more players to their draftees this years. That's an *** load of talent. 

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So...in all fairness...I've only seen highlight tape of White.  ...and Smith.

What I like about White is his frame.  He's thick in the butt and legs.  Lots of power there.  I thought Roquan was a little light.  Both can fly.  But one sure hits with better leverage and looks quicker on the blitz.  White.

He (White) is one of my favorite prospects that I've watched.  I'd be singing a different tune about him and #12 if GB were to acquire a high end edge in free agency.  

White was a RB at one point that they converted, so you can see the running ability. Yes, White is bigger than Roquan, in terms of overall size and reach.

32 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Minkah Fitzpatrick, DaRon Payne, Calvin Ridley and Rashaan Evans all had good to great rookie years. 

Marlon Humphrey, Derrick Henry, Jonathan Allen, OJ Howard, Ryan Kelly, Ashawn Robinson, Jaran Reed, CJ Mosely, Landon Collins, Amari Cooper. 

That's a lot of good/promising players in just the last couple years...

There is a line of thought that the Alabama players are so well coached that there isn't a lot of upside left for them.  Talented? Yes, but they are pretty much maxed out already.  Which usually is pretty good.  In the first round you kind of want kids who have higher ceilings. 

2 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

I would be happy with any O-line, D-line, pass rusher or White LB LSU.

If White isn't there at 12...it only pushes another guy down.  That is how I view him.  I'd like him, but if he does higher?  It should only help GB as that means an EDGE or DL(wish rush skills) probably falls.

About the only thing I can't stomach is another corner.  And...probably the 'Bama safety at that pick.  I'm gun shy because of HHCD.  I probably should be more objective, but that scares me a lot.

I remember really liking that outside rusher from 'Bama a few years ago.  Tim Williams.  So quick off of the line.  Two years in and he had 2 sacks as a Raven.  That makes me gun-shy, too.  But...I do tend to over-project quickness on the edge.

32 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So...in all fairness...I've only seen highlight tape of White.  ...and Smith.

What I like about White is his frame.  He's thick in the butt and legs.  Lots of power there.  I thought Roquan was a little light.  Both can fly.  But one sure hits with better leverage and looks quicker on the blitz.  White.

He (White) is one of my favorite prospects that I've watched.  I'd be singing a different tune about him and #12 if GB were to acquire a high end edge in free agency.  

Just NO to a run stuffing MLB type in round 1. We need ILBs who can cover and run. This kid is no Luke Kueckly, I guarantee it and therefore, no. A first down guy at 12 is a big, big mistake. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Just NO to a run stuffing MLB type in round 1. We need ILBs who can cover and run. This kid is no Luke Kueckly, I guarantee it and therefore, no. A first down guy at 12 is a big, big mistake. 

I think he's a lot more than a run stuffing MLB.  He's a blitzer...how many sacks does Martinez have again?  Pettine uses the MLB's differently.

If this were a defense that just wants an MLB to plug runs, then I agree 100% with what you said.  That and....I've seen White with an awful lot of range and feel in the passing game.  He would annihilate a crossing route and not think twice about it.  

But...again...what I've seen is highlight tape only.  There is my huge disclaimer.  

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I remember really liking that outside rusher from 'Bama a few years ago.  Tim Williams.  So quick off of the line.  Two years in and he had 2 sacks as a Raven.  That makes me gun-shy, too.  But...I do tend to over-project quickness on the edge.

That was the reason why (at the time) I finally settled on Marcus Davenport over Harold Landry, in the last draft. You want more than just speed in the NFL and I thought Davenports power trumped Landry's speed and bend.

According to http://www.nflbigboard.com/

Only 1 of the top 12 players are on offense, T Jonah Williams

And only 2 of the top 20 (realistic range for 12) on O adding Noah Fant, who is scary if that is the 2nd best offensive player in the country.

So Fant is only kind of a need and Williams is top 5 prospect, so I'd say about 98% likely we'll go D if we stay pat at 12.

1 hour ago, GWH87 said:

I'll pass on the promising as they all have had that, with the powerhouse they've been the resulting flame outs are outrageous. A few have their moments, but most of the list you exploded are HHCD clones that draw rave reviews for a season or so at most. 

We are looking for long term results with these picks, I'd happily be wrong about this but like i said first outside of Julio there isn't one I'd draft in the top 50 picks.

Name all the busts you speak of?

17 minutes ago, GWH87 said:

Is this a serious questions or sarcasm? Hoping it's the later, because none of us have the time or energy to devote to that

it was serious even to name a few as you were quite staunch on saying all Bama players come out and suck which just isn't true is all. It's easy to pick the flaw but supporting it with any sort of fact can be the tough part. I really don't care, i think there are some good players there and they will produce in the NFL as some have been and continue to be doing now.

23 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

That was the reason why (at the time) I finally settled on Marcus Davenport over Harold Landry, in the last draft. You want more than just speed in the NFL and I thought Davenports power trumped Landry's speed and bend.

That'll be a fun one to watch, from afar.  Davenport vs. Landry.

Both had 4.5 sacks, and I know that Davenport was injured for a while.  Not sure about Landry.

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Four guys I'd run to the podium for if any are there when we are on the clock:

Nick Bosa

Quinnen Williams

Ed Oliver

Josh Allen

Beyond that I am not sure at this point. 

I'll add two to the list...

Jonah Williams, OT.

Clellin Ferrell, EDGE.

Need Lock and Haskins to vault up the board at QB.  Maybe slide a WR in there as well.

You know a corner or two will go high as well.

#12 is a pretty good spot to pick.

Archived