Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

59 minutes ago, Titans_Matt said:

Who do you guys think end up starting at inside linebacker between Woodyard, Brown, and Evans? Lots of competition at that position with Brown's late emergence last year

Woodyard and Brown. The vets of the group but it will be a heavy rotation and I expect Evans to get some PT on the edge.

1 hour ago, Titans_Matt said:

Who do you guys think end up starting at inside linebacker between Woodyard, Brown, and Evans? Lots of competition at that position with Brown's late emergence last year

16 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Woodyard and Brown. The vets of the group but it will be a heavy rotation and I expect Evans to get some PT on the edge.

I'm thinking Evans and Brown.  Evans will probably play some snaps on the edge, but he was drafted to be an off the ball linebacker, so that's probably what he'll do.

4 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

evans and brown.. wouldn't be suprised either way but before the season is out and maybe even to start it, evans and brown may lead the way with woodyard playing more of a role this year..who knows

8 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

For some reason I have the feeling that JRob ignoring our pass rush is going to come back & hurt us like him ignoring the interior OL Last yr

i don't think he's "ignoring" it, I think he feels confident in the players we have. and he didn't ignore interior oline last year. he resigned josh kline which at the time, looked like a good deal. no one could have predicted kline would regress like he did. As for the pash rush, I think they're banking on guys steppin up in year 2. mainly Landry and Finch. I don't see how you think he's ignoring the pass rush when they went out and gave a quality pass rusher a 3 yr/23 million dollar deal. ignore his age, the dude is still hella productive.

4 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

i don't think he's "ignoring" it, I think he feels confident in the players we have. and he didn't ignore interior oline last year. he resigned josh kline which at the time, looked like a good deal. no one could have predicted kline would regress like he did. As for the pash rush, I think they're banking on guys steppin up in year 2. mainly Landry and Finch. I don't see how you think he's ignoring the pass rush when they went out and gave a quality pass rusher a 3 yr/23 million dollar deal. ignore his age, the dude is still hella productive.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't ignored.  They signed Wake, have two guys that contributed last year coming into year 2, where they tend to be more productive, and they drafted Walker.  It's not a first rounder, but that should automatically be a way better situation at edge than last year.

Then there's the fact that they really, really bolstered the interior pass rush, so they don't have to lean on the edge so much.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, it definitely wasn't ignored.  They signed Wake, have two guys that contributed last year coming into year 2, where they tend to be more productive, and they drafted Walker.  It's not a first rounder, but that should automatically be a way better situation at edge than last year.

Then there's the fact that they really, really bolstered the interior pass rush, so they don't have to lean on the edge so much.

While it wasn't "ignored", I agree with Redd that it wasn't exactly addressed... Except I equate it more to WR last year. 

We're OK at the position, but we're close to it being the worst unit on the the team. We didn't generate a consistent pass rush from the Edge last year, and we replaced 2 old dudes with another older dude and a late round pick. Maybe it works out, maybe Finch or Correa or the rook steps up... 

Or maybe something similar to what happened at wr happens again. No... no one can predict that 2 guys would not contribute all season... But go back to August of last year and read the thoughts from multiple posters regarding the thinly coated "fix" at wr, and how we were an injury away from CD84 to being a horrible unit. Well.... 

Last year, I suggested we just put our 3/4 best lbs on the field and just let it go. If that happens, then I'm less concerned. Not only would that help from the edges... But it'd help the pass rush in general since you can send anyone from any spot at any time. We know Brown is an outstanding Blitzer... And we know that was one of Evans strengths coming in (and should be showcased more in year 2). I'll hold off to see what happens, to see what Pees and Vrabel have in mind... But I am most concerned about the front 7 than any other position group this year.