#1 pick - who do the Cardinals draft?

jetjuice

41 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Fine then. I am closed minded and focused on need. If the 9ers are wise, that is what they will focus on: Need. It was a glaring deficiency in every single game. It cannot be ignored again. We have plenty of good talent on the inside, led by Buckner. Adding another even stellar inside DL is not going to have the impact a stellar EDGE would. It just isn't. Nothing is going to change my stance. Nothing is going to improve our D more than adding the best EDGE available, not simply best player available.

Yeah that's very clear now.

I think the Cards have to try anything and everything to move down. Take a discounted price for that 1.1 and acquire more picks. Obviously it takes two to tango here but with the Giants and Jags needing a QB, teams like the Jets and Raiders in desperate need of a pass rusher and I’m sure some other teams will inquire about it you have to move down. That GM is on the hot seat right now and if you pick for need at 1.1 and pass up on Bosa you’re catching some heat for that if he hits, if you draft Bosa, while a great prospect with a bright future how many more games is he helping you win to save your job? Chubb performed very well this year with Avon Miller opposite him and the Broncos actual needs plagued their season all year. If it wasn’t for finding Lindsey and possibly hitting on both WRs, Sutton and Hamilton that offense would be hurting bad. Hitting on your needs later in the draft and finding impact UDFAs is far from a guarantee though so get yourself a boat load of picks where you can start addressing positions of need where BPA matches up well. Kleim isn’t on a hot streak right now with draft picks and needs to come out of this draft with future starters or atleast guys that flash that potential this year, he’d be smart to give himself as many chances as possible to find that. 

I think a couple overlooked teams moving up 1.1 are the Jets and Raiders who both need Bosa badly. Raiders have the draft capital to possibly make the move from 1.4 and Jets have the FA money to improve on most of their needs there and trade most of this years draft and some of next to go get Bosa. Doubt the Cards try and make a deal with the niners being in division and I think the niners will be good with selecting Bosa or Allen who will be getting coaching from Shanny and the staff at the senior bowl.

12 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Kliff?  Kyler?? Kards???

Just out of curiosity what would Rosen fetch?

I don't think there's any way he nets them a first. I could see a second + maybe a future middle late round pick. So like a second this year and a 4 in 2020. If you are a team like Jax / Giants / Dolphins / Washington, I think this would make a lot of sense. In particular, I Think those last two would be pretty interesting. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't think there's any way he nets them a first. I could see a second + maybe a future middle late round pick. So like a second this year and a 4 in 2020. If you are a team like Jax / Giants / Dolphins / Washington, I think this would make a lot of sense. In particular, I Think those last two would be pretty interesting. 

Does Rosen have that kind of value?  9 teams passed on him in favor of other players.  Denver passed on him in favor of a pass rusher despite a glaring need at QB.  He was awful this year with Arizona, and even if you want to blame it on Wilks and the coaching staff his value has decreased.  As a Packers' fans (and a fan of Rosen), I'd be interested in gambling on him, but I'm not sure I'm giving up more than a 3rd and a conditional '20 pick.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Does Rosen have that kind of value?  9 teams passed on him in favor of other players.  Denver passed on him in favor of a pass rusher despite a glaring need at QB.  He was awful this year with Arizona, and even if you want to blame it on Wilks and the coaching staff his value has decreased.  As a Packers' fans (and a fan of Rosen), I'd be interested in gambling on him, but I'm not sure I'm giving up more than a 3rd and a conditional '20 pick.

Depends on a few factors. One, how they had him evaluated last year. The Giants could have had him #2 on their board with regards to quarterbacks, but had barkley much higher overall. Same for the jags and he was gone.

Two, what's the competition like for him? Obviously more teams very interested, the higher that price can go. 

And three, how much they are holding last year against him. That team was really bad with him and Bradford, so that does help optically somewhat.

I wouldn't be shocked at all by 2+ compensation package. I'd actually look into it hard if I was a team new England or something. 

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

Trade down to 2 with San Fran charge them 2 2nds to pickup Bosa

then trade down from 2 to whichever team wants a QB pick up a future first or whatever you can get from a team like Jacksonville or NYG

There is no way any of this is ever happening, to put it mildly.  This is just a bad year to have the #1 pick.  Bosa is great and all, but the draft is very deep in DL and AZ would have to have one hell of a discount sale on that pick to move down as odds are teams drafting them in the mid-1st will do about as well as those in the top few picks.  There is no Mayfield or Barkley type of guy.

PS Rosen isn't going anywhere, that talk is also ridiculous.

29 minutes ago, bomont said:

There is no way any of this is ever happening, to put it mildly.  This is just a bad year to have the #1 pick.  Bosa is great and all, but the draft is very deep in DL and AZ would have to have one hell of a discount sale on that pick to move down as odds are teams drafting them in the mid-1st will do about as well as those in the top few picks.  There is no Mayfield or Barkley type of guy.

PS Rosen isn't going anywhere, that talk is also ridiculous.

I think at the end of the day 

9ers need an outside pass rusher

Bosa is on another couple levels above Josh Allen

its only one pick difference

and then someone is going to want to secure Haskins and will pay something for it

somebody is going to trade up for Haskins might as well take advantage 

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Bosa is on another couple levels above Josh Allen

Hardly.  They're close.

its only one pick difference

But it's to the #1 overall.  Recall what the Bears paid to jump from what, #3 to #2?  Wasn't cheap.

and then someone is going to want to secure Haskins and will pay something for it

Haskins isn't even the consensus best QB, and nobody (that I've seen anyway) considers him #1 worthy.

Archived