2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

9 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I think we're seeing the Jets shift their philosophy at corner, which isn't such a bad thing. Corner is one of those positions that you either have elite shut-down talents or guys who can be good in the right scheme. Right now continue to focus on the front 7, and if we make significant strides there next year, we can see what the CB options in FA and the draft. 

I will say, I still have hope for Trumaine Johnson. I lost all respect for him, but the fact that he was still fairly highly graded despite checking out at least gives me hope that he will be much better with guys like Gregg Williams, CJ Mosley + Jamal Adams breathing down his neck. If not, he'll likely perform at an average level and be released and replaced next season. Besides, he has a lot of incentive to play better; if he doesn't perform at a higher level, he's essentially leaving a 2-year, $24 million deal on the table (unlikely he'll see the final year of his deal either way), as no one will pay him nearly that much if he's on the market again next year. 

Jets' philosophy at CB for draft remains unchanged. It doesn't bother me because none of CB stand out in terms of talent separation.  Adding a veteran would be nice because Gregg Williams is hard on rookies.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I think we're seeing the Jets shift their philosophy at corner, which isn't such a bad thing. Corner is one of those positions that you either have elite shut-down talents or guys who can be good in the right scheme. Right now continue to focus on the front 7, and if we make significant strides there next year, we can see what the CB options in FA and the draft. 

I will say, I still have hope for Trumaine Johnson. I lost all respect for him, but the fact that he was still fairly highly graded despite checking out at least gives me hope that he will be much better with guys like Gregg Williams, CJ Mosley + Jamal Adams breathing down his neck. If not, he'll likely perform at an average level and be released and replaced next season. Besides, he has a lot of incentive to play better; if he doesn't perform at a higher level, he's essentially leaving a 2-year, $24 million deal on the table (unlikely he'll see the final year of his deal either way), as no one will pay him nearly that much if he's on the market again next year. 

He checked out? 

He was injured, he came back and played well(best Corner during that 3 week stretch) and then struggled some more the last game. 

8 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He checked out? 

8He was injured, he came back and played well(best Corner during that 3 week stretch) and then struggled some more the last game

He was benched for not showing up to meetings, practice. 

So hypothetically if Bosa goes 1, and Allen goes 2, and we can't trade down with anyone...who is everyone happy with at 3?  At that point I think we would have to take Quinnen because he is a blue chip prospect, but I wouldn't be upset with Sweat either since we need EDGE badly.  

8 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

So hypothetically if Bosa goes 1, and Allen goes 2, and we can't trade down with anyone...who is everyone happy with at 3?  At that point I think we would have to take Quinnen because he is a blue chip prospect, but I wouldn't be upset with Sweat either since we need EDGE badly.  

You take the best player hands down 

9 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Easy answer.  You take who may be the best play in the draft in Q and figure everything out after.

I really want Allen though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

Realistically if that were to happen then we could most likely trade down.

4 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

It’s the worst case scenario and one that won’t happen as if Murray is there at #3 I can see plenty of teams blowing the phone up to trade for him. 

But...,if Bosa and Allen are gone and we ant trade down then we take the BPA which is Q.Williams. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I really see no way a QB doesn’t go 1 or 2. 

I still think QBs got 1 and 2. 

Haskins will have someone move up for him, all it’s gonna take is Oakland putting it out there that they’re taking him at 4 since obvious SF nor us will take him forcing the Giants, Skins or whoever to come up and grab him. 

Oakland does this to ensure QWill or Bosa fall to them. 

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I see us still considering Taylor if Allen is gone and we can't trade back.

No way. If Allen is gone that more than likely means Bosa is there and I seriously doubt we’d turn down Bosa

edit: nvm I read the previous scenario 

Edited by Dr.O
  • Like 1