DeShone Kizer announced starter

BwickRedux

I just hope we don't toss him to the wolves and destroy him.  He has potential, I still don't think he is anywhere near being ready for those exotic aggressive defenses.  Some took their licks and came out stronger after (Troy Aikman), Others did not fare nearly as well (David Carr).  To me, he is still a project and I hope that he can remain poised in the face of tremendous adversity and continue to grow and improve.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

I just hope we don't toss him to the wolves and destroy him.  He has potential, I still don't think he is anywhere near being ready for those exotic aggressive defenses.  Some took their licks and came out stronger after (Troy Aikman), Others did not fare nearly as well (David Carr).  To me, he is still a project and I hope that he can remain poised in the face of tremendous adversity and continue to grow and improve.

Only mentally breakable quarterbacks break, I don't want a breakable QB.

They absolutely could pick up bad habits that would have to be worked on, mostly from not trusting a pocket but it shouldn't break them. If it does they would get broke at some point in their career anyway.

Physically breaking the QB is a different story, I don't want to see that. This should be a bad situation though.

20 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They absolutely could pick up bad habits that would have to be worked on, mostly from not trusting a pocket but it shouldn't break them. If it does they would get broke at some point in their career anyway.

Physically breaking the QB is a different story, I don't want to see that. This should be a bad situation though.

DeShone has our best situation for a rookie QB since Colt McCoy. 

he will have a good offensive line, especially in pass pro. 

He will have a decent running game. 

The only thing he won't have is a good group of WR's. Terrelle Pryor would look good right now. 

He will have a defense that will do something, they might not be the best but they will get the ball at times. 

49 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

All QBs are mentally breakable, it just depends on if they have grown beyond that before they are under fire.  Some are beyond it when they enter the NFL, others not.  Some never get beyond it (Ryan Leaf, Johnny Manziel, Jamarcus Russell).  No QB is unbreakable out of the womb!  That has to be developed.

4 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Difference with Carr tho is he had a horrible offensive line. Kizer might be playing behind a top tier line. Also Carr had no rushing attack. Kizer potentially has a strong rushing attack with a crow on a contract year

37 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Difference with Carr tho is he had a horrible offensive line. Kizer might be playing behind a top tier line. Also Carr had no rushing attack. Kizer potentially has a strong rushing attack with a crow on a contract year

And a defense that will be functional. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

And a defense that will be functional. 

that too.

You might not ideally want to start a rookie QB but Kizer will be put into a better situation than any other rookie QB the Browns had to play early.

Heck Kizer might play with the best defense they have had since the 80s