The Gun Thread

fotballer

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I got a .45 caliber 1911 Sig Sauer and a Mossburg 590 Shockwave.  I’ve taken the 1911 shooting once in my life.  I’ve never shot my shotgun and God willing I never will.  That is probably the end of my gun collection.  Until/unless I get a concealed carry permit.

Uhhhh a little bit of advice?  You need to learn how to shoot your guns. Learn the nuances of them. You seriously need to go to an open field and practice with them, or better yet a gun club and let someone show you how to operate a gun. If you don’t know how to use them you probably shouldn’t have them. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Uhhhh a little bit of advice?  You need to learn how to shoot your guns. Learn the nuances of them. You seriously need to go to an open field and practice with them, or better yet a gun club and let someone show you how to operate a gun. If you don’t know how to use them you probably shouldn’t have them. 

But if I just go pew pew I’ll be alright.  

Jokes aside, I just don’t have the time.  I’m familiar enough with handguns of similar calibers and shotguns that I feel like I’d be fine in a home invasion scenario, which is the only reason I have them.  Mossburg might be a different animal that I should probably take out shooting for sure, and I’ll be ****ed in a zombie scenario.  I’ll try to set some time aside to take the advice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jokes aside, I just don’t have the time.  I’m familiar enough with handguns of similar calibers and shotguns that I feel like I’d be fine in a home invasion scenario, which is the only reason I have them.  Mossburg might be a different animal that I should probably take out shooting for sure, and I’ll be ****ed in a zombie scenario.  I’ll try to set some time aside to take the advice.

Make some time. You really need it. What’s more it’s a hell of a time. Look up tannerite targets and get back to me. BTW law enforcement will come by and call you cool. 

12 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Well shoot. 

I'm working on it - but its still a bit of a struggle

I am very strongly left-eyed and right handed, so aiming is an adventure and scopes are really a challenge
I've tried a couple of different tactics over the years, but finally just learned to shoot lefty and that solves the aiming issues
That's fine for deer hunting, but for birds it all happens so fast - I'm still a little awkward and the safety is on the wrong side of the trigger

6 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I am very strongly left-eyed and right handed, so aiming is an adventure and scopes are really a challenge
I've tried a couple of different tactics over the years, but finally just learned to shoot lefty and that solves the aiming issues
That's fine for deer hunting, but for birds it all happens so fast - I'm still a little awkward and the safety is on the wrong side of the trigger

How do red dots work for you?

10 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I’ve never been bird hunting, so I can’t offer much. Ever tried just open sights and learn to compensate?  I’m actually left-eyed right handed myself and just compensate.