The Gun Thread

fotballer

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How much you looking to spend?

What are you using the gun for?

Typical range?

There are a lot of hills and trees where I live so I don’t need anything super long range.  A short to medium range scope for deer.

• 4 months later...

Gentleman, I'm finally a gun owner myself. Remington 700 (30-06) with a Vortex Crossfire II (3x-9x) Scope

U5vdt2t.jpg

My old man has a decent amount of land with tree stands and trail cams in Southwestern Virginia. I've been before in muzzle loader season, but now I can join some of his other employees for the regular rifle season.

Figure I won't be taking any shots more than 100 yards. As it is a wooded area much like described by Gmen in his post.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 7:37 AM, Danger said:

Gentleman, I'm finally a gun owner myself. Remington 700 (30-06) with a Vortex Crossfire II (3x-9x) Scope

U5vdt2t.jpg

My old man has a decent amount of land with tree stands and trail cams in Southwestern Virginia. I've been before in muzzle loader season, but now I can join some of his other employees for the regular rifle season.

Figure I won't be taking any shots more than 100 yards. As it is a wooded area much like described by Gmen in his post.

The only gun i hunt with. Perfect for everything and doesnt ruin a hide.

I own 3 guns...

Remington 870 pump 12 gauge(protection gun)

Browning 30-06 X Bolt composite(hunting rifle)

Henry lever action 45-70 Octagon(Gift from my dad and just plain a pretty and fun gun to shoot)

• 1 year later...

giphy.gif 

Time to bring this bad boy back to life.

Who’s been shooting and whatcha been shooting?

Somewhere around June I got the shooting bug again and picked up a G17, a 10/22, built a couple AR’s and a decent bit of ammo and mags.

Ive been shooting about 150-300 rounds a week pretty religiously since then and have made some nice strides.  I’ve been shooting for a while and was a decent shot, but I’ve gotten notably better which has been cool to see.

How bout y’all?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

giphy.gif 

Time to bring this bad boy back to life.

Who’s been shooting and whatcha been shooting?

Somewhere around June I got the shooting bug again and picked up a G17, a 10/22, built a couple AR’s and a decent bit of ammo and mags.

Ive been shooting about 150-300 rounds a week pretty religiously since then and have made some nice strides.  I’ve been shooting for a while and was a decent shot, but I’ve gotten notably better which has been cool to see.

How bout y’all?

Still a .270, still quite deadly beyond 500 yards. 

Also been contemplating getting a .17 WSM just for, well because I can. 

• Like 1

I got a .45 caliber 1911 Sig Sauer and a Mossburg 590 Shockwave.  I’ve taken the 1911 shooting once in my life.  I’ve never shot my shotgun and God willing I never will.  That is probably the end of my gun collection.  Until/unless I get a concealed carry permit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I got a .45 caliber 1911 Sig Sauer and a Mossburg 590 Shockwave.  I’ve taken the 1911 shooting once in my life.  I’ve never shot my shotgun and God willing I never will.  That is probably the end of my gun collection.  Until/unless I get a concealed carry permit.

Why not shoot them?